Creator: Claudia Black
"'Listen, I don't care how my character looks, just make sure she's got really great boobs.' And Josh said, 'Oh, we've got a slider. We can them go up, we can make them go down...' And I was like, 'Oh my god, of course you do.'"Claudia Lee Black (born on October 11, 1972) is an Australian actress best known for her Science Fiction roles, most notably as Aeryn Sun in Farscape (for which she won a Saturn Award) and Vala Mal Doran in Stargate SG-1. A familiar face from Australian TV, she had breakthrough roles in both Queen of the Damned and Pitch Black (dying messily in each). Until late in her career, spotting Black's screen credit was a telltale sign of Australia Doubling.Since then, Black has popped up in numerous American productions — usually as a Fake American — including NCIS (as a Biker Babe) and The Dresden Files.Though her natural accent (switching effortlessly between Australian, British and New Zealander) is rather underused on network TV, it should be immediately recognizable to nerds of all stripes. Black has a formidable résumé of voice credits, including Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Uncharted, God of War, and Diablo III. Basically, if the game contains a female Brit, she's either voiced by Black or Jennifer Hale.She also plays a mean guitar.
— On playing Chloe Frazer in Uncharted 2
This actress provides examples of:
- Awesome McCoolname: A giver of these: She named her sons Odin and Viggo.
- The Cast Show Off:
- The lizard tongue trick from "Won't Get Fooled Again".
- Even though the Sebacean language sounds like someone playing dialogue in reverse, it's actually Claudia speaking backwards.
- It only comes up occasionally in her roles, (such as Crichton's dream sequence in "Revenging Angel") but she has quite the singing voice as well.
- Cleopatra Nose: Along with some seriously intimidating eyebrows in Farscape's first season, which were later trimmed. The producers originally had a waifish, more sympathetic-looking character in mind, preferably blonde.
- Fan Nickname: Particularly among Farscape fans, the Raven-Haired Goddess.
- Fake Brit: So often used that many viewers usually don't know that she's an Aussie.
- The Gunslinger: Typifies most of her on-screen characters.
- Hellbent For Leather: Quite a few of her roles.
- One of Us: Claudia never actually auditioned for the role of Morrigan. She sent BioWare a recording of some of her work and said she'd like to be in one of their games someday — just as they were deliberating on who should play her.
- Real-Life Relative: In Dragon Age: Inquisition her character Morrigan's son Kieran is voiced by her actual son, Odin. That's right, ODIN BLACK.
- 2000 Pitch Black as Sharon 'Shazza' Montgomery
- 2002 Queen of the Damned as Pandora
- 2011 Rango as Angelique
- 2012 Justice League: Doom as Cheetah
- 1992 Home and Away as Sandra
- 1993-1994 A Country Practice as Claire Bonacci
- 1997-1998 Hercules: The Legendary Journeys as Cassandra
- 2000 Xena: Warrior Princess as Karina
- 2001 Beast Master as Huna
- 1999-2003 Farscape as Officer Aeryn Sun / Chiana / Dr. Batina Fairchild
- 2004-2007 Stargate SG-1 as Vala Mal Doran
- 2007 The Dresden Files as Liz Fontaine
- 2010 NCIS as Velvet Road
- 2012 Haven as Moira
- 2014 Rick and Morty as Ma-Sha
- 2015 The Originals as Dahlia
- 2005 God of War as Artemis
- 2007 Conan as A'Kanna
- 2007 Crysis as Helena
- 2009 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves as Chloe Frazer
- 2009 Dragon Age: Origins as Morrigan
- 2010 Mass Effect 2 as Admiral Daro'Xen vas Moreh / Matriarch Aethyta / Rachni Envoy
- 2010 Final Fantasy XIV as Narrator
- 2011 Gears Of War 3 as Sam Byrne
- 2011 Rage as Mel / Sally
- 2011 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception as Chloe Frazer
- 2012 Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning as Alyn Shir
- 2012 Mass Effect 3 as Admiral Daro'Xen vas Moreh / Matriarch Aethyta
- 2012 Diablo III as Cydaea, Mistress of Pain
- 2012 The Amazing Spider-Man as Whitney Chang
- 2014 Destiny as Tess Everis, Special Orders
- 2014 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor as Queen Marwen
- 2014 Dragon Age: Inquisition as Morrigan