Christopher Moore (born January 1, 1957) is an American writer who writes mostly comedic writing style with fantastic premises. His novels generally take place within the same universe.
His books include:
- Bloodsucking Fiends - A trilogy about vampires in San Francisco. Takes the format of Boy Meets Ghoul.
- You Suck: A Love Story - The boy is a ghoul as well.
- Bite Me: A Love Story - Now they have to prevent everyone from becoming a ghoul.
- Coyote Blue - A man named Sam Hunter gets involved with the Native American trickster Coyote.
- A Dirty Job - A man becomes a sort of Grim Reaper after the death of his wife, saving souls from the Underworld.
- Secondhand Souls: A sequel to A Dirty Job
- Fluke, or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings - A whale shows up with the words "Bite Me" on its flukes.
- Island of the Sequined Love Nun - A blacklisted pilot discovers a couple taking advantage of a native cargo cult.
- Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - The New Testament from the perspective of one of Jesus' friends.
- The Griff - A graphic novel documenting an attack on Earth by mythical griffons.
- Sacré Bleu - Set in 1890s Paris, it's about the color blue... and the idea that Vincent van Gogh was murdered rather than commiting suicide.
- Practical Demonkeeping - A demon is accidentally summoned and cannot be banished. The summoner has to deal.
- The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove - A giant beast comes out of the water and secretes a pheromone that causes lust.
- The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror - An angel tries to grant a boy's wish of bringing Santa Claus back to life and ends up nearly causing a Zombie Apocalypse.
- Fool: A darkly comic version of King Lear with the Fool as narrator and protagonist.
- The Serpent of Venice: The second in the series that combines elements of The Merchant of Venice with Othello and "The Cask of Amontillado" as well as the dragon of the title.
Tropes associated with Christopher Moore:
- Author Catchphrase: "Heinous fuckery" or "Heinous fuckery most foul"
- Crossover Cosmology: Jesus, Coyote, Anubis and the Morrigan have all appeared in his works which, with the possible exceptions of Sacre Bleu and the Pocket books all occur in the same 'verse
- The 'Verse: His novels, with the possible exception of Sacre Bleu and the Pocket books, generally take place in the same universe with characters from one book often appearing in another..