Creator: Carrie Keranen
Carrie Keranen (AKA Carolyn Keranen) is an American voice actress who works in anime. Her works dated back since Berserk as Casca. She makes a major return by voicing Mami Tomoe in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and will also reprise Casca in the upcoming Berserk movie.Like many, many watchers of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, she didn't know what kind of fate befell the character she played. And when she found out the hard way while recording it no less... she had a minor Freak Out.Her Texan counterpart is Stephanie Young.
Notable roles done by Carrie Keranen:
- Casca in Berserk
- Mrs. Kawakami in K-On!
- Kiku Matsumoto and Rena Sakuragi in Shira Oka: Second Chances
- Kumiko Yamaguchi in Gokusen
- Lind in Ah! My Goddess
- Ling Xiaoyu in Tekken: Blood Vengeance
- Luxanna 'Lux' Crownguard in League of Legends
- Maiya Hisau in Fate/Zero
- Mahiru Koizumi in Super Dangan Ronpa 2
- Mami Tomoe in Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Misty Tredwell in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
- Mitsuki in Kappa Mikey
- Mokuba Kaiba in the fifth season of Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Ozzel in Slayers Revolution
- Rom/White Sister in Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (Also reprises that role in FUNimation's dub of the anime adaptation.)
- Satsuki Kiryuin in Kill la Kill
- Yamraiha in Magi – Labyrinth of Magic
- Yuri Koigakubo in Toradora! (credited as Elizabeth Thomas)
- Yurikano in Rinne no Lagrange
Tropes associated with Carrie Keranen:
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Not really, but she did dress as Satsuki at Anime Expo 2015. And she rocked it.
- Freak Out: As stated above. We understand you, Ms. Keranen, no one expected you to be that Genre Savvy to anticipate that by Aniplex.
- Spiritual Successor: Considering the similar vocal ranges she can pull off, she is this to Tara Platt.