Broad Spectrum Studios
is a collection of voice actors, animators, and performers known for dubbing and animating webcomics ("Hyperdubs" as they call them). So far they've worked on the Hiimdaisy Let's Destroy Metal Gear comics
and to a lesser degree The Last Days of FOXHOUND
, Gunnerkrigg Court
, & Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth
. They're also known for a very lax update schedule.
As of 2013, their roster is composed of:
- Jack Renard - Principal VA and animator known for voicing Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, and Flintlocke among others.
- Neil Lee Griffin - Principal VA and music composer known for voicing Otacon and Psycho Mantis among others.
- Amber Moeller - Principal VA known for voicing Sniper Wolf and Antimony Carver among others.
- Josh Moeller - Additional voiceover provider and prop guy affectionately referred to in the group's self-produced podcast as "The Stupid Voice Guy."
Broad Spectrum Studios is known for:
- Adorkable: Many viewers cite Neil Lee Griffin portraying Otacon as a textbook example. It's actually quite inspiring when you take into account the voice actor struggles with stuttering and has devoted his voiceovers & music to raising awareness for the cause.
- Fan Vid: Pretty much their entire portfolio consists of fandubs of various webcomics.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The Hyperdub for Let's Defeat the Fox Unit features a cameo appearance by The Proofreader (creator of the original Let's Destroy the Shagohod dub) as the ice-pun spewing Python.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The original comics for both Hiimdaisy's Metal Gear and Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth have been taken offline, so the Hyperdubs have become one of the most reliable sources for the comics.
- Leitmotif: In the Hyperdub of Metal Gear Solid 2, every time Peter Stillman talks, Jungle Boogie plays.
- Running Gag: Many of their early videos made references to "stomping on dwarves" although this trope has been Put on a Bus in recent releases.
- The Other Darrin: In Lets Destroy The Shagohod, Volgin's voice actor is different from Part 2 on. Lampshaded by Snake, of course.
- Verbal Tic: Also in Lets Destroy The Shagohod, Sigint tends to end his words with "DAYUM!"