Annabella Avery "Bella" Thorne (born October 8, 1997) is an American actress and model. An accomplished child model and actress with appearances in more than 20 films and television series and more than 40 commercials, she is best known for her role as the aspiring young dancer, CeCe Jones on the Disney Channel original series Shake It Up.
Tropes associated with her works:
- Dye Hard: Mostly appears on media as a brunette, but is actually a natural blonde (see here, for example).
- Fan Community Nicknames: Bellarinas.
- Leet Lingo: "TTYLXOX" is chock full of this.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: In Real Life, Bella is much nicer than CeCe, Madison or Celia (the Alpha Bitches she plays in Shake It Up, The Duff and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day respectively).
- Memetic Mutation: Vine has had a field day with mashing up her rather strange laugh with all of the hottest songs.
- Older Than They Look: When Shake It Up first started, many thought she was around ten, though she was only 13. Now 17, she looks much closer to her actual age and you can actually find people expressing disbelief that she's "only" 17.
- Playing Against Type:
- Originally was doing this when she played the mean Celia from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, but with her playing Alpha Bitches in The Duff and Scream, it seems she is heading for Typecasting.
- Invoked again with her playing a prescription drug-addicted teen in the dramatic film Perfect High.
- Given that her first roles were in adult TV dramas, her comedic Disney Channel work can also be considered this.
- Her upcoming (as of March 2016) film roles include horror movies (The Babysitter; Amityville: The Awakening) and dramatic roles (Midnight Sun, The Death And Life of John F. Donovan) while television series Famous In Love is also a drama.
- Time-Shifted Actor: For the US dub of Metegol (Underdogs) she's this to Ariana Grande and Katie Holmes.