How kind of you to write her an article.Audrey Hepburn
, born Audrey Kathleen Ruston (1929-1993) was one of the most elegant actresses in all of cinema. She never seemed to try to be iconic, it just came naturally. From wearing scarves, to nun's habits, to The Little Black Dress
, she was an unforgettable image.
Look up the word "classy" in the dictionary, and a picture of her will be staring back at you.
Even in her later years, she was still a looker
, appearing in Blackglama's "What Becomes A Legend Most?"
, although she spent most of her later years doing philanthropic work with UNICEF.
A British citizen, she was born in Brussels, Belgium to a Dutch Baroness and an Anglo-Irish ne'er-do-well. Her father walking out
on the family when she was young and her subsequent adolescence in German-occupied Holland
made her something of a woobie
in her childhood.
No, she's not related to Katharine Hepburn
Her films include:
Homages to Audrey Hepburn
- In the Gundam metaseries, both Relena Peacecraft/Darlian and her Expy, Lacus Clyne, were modeled after Hepburn. And now Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn has Audrey Burne. Gundam really loves her.
- Both Wing and Unicorn made homages to Roman Holiday: in Wing, one of Relena's dresses was designed after Princess Ann's dress, and in Unicorn, the "Runaway Princess" movie poster is a copy of the movie poster for "Roman Holiday".
- In the manga and anime series, Rec, Aka Onda, the lead female character, idolizes Hepburn, and would quote Hepburn's lines from the movies she appeared in. In the opening, Aka is wearing some of Hepburn's famous clothing.
- Episode 146 of Sailor Moon is a homage to Roman Holiday, with one-shot character Princess Rubina as a stand-in for Princess Ann.
- Lina's character design in Slayers is supposedly based on Hepburn.
- In Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Aurora's design is partially based on Hepburn.
- In Anastasia, the title character's design is based on both Meg Ryan and Hepburn.
- Similarly, Jenna from Balto was based on Hepburn.
- You Me And Dupree. Audrey is Dupree's ideal woman, much to Molly's surprise.
- Audrey is one of the actresses on whom S1m0ne is based.
- Adam Hughes' Catwoman cover work.
- From Clamp School Detectives, kindergartner Utako Okawa dons an outfit identical◊ to the Royal Ascot dress worn by Hepburn in My Fair Lady.
- Azalyn in Irresponsible Captain Tylor talks about being a fan of Roman Holiday
- In Gossip Girl, Blair Waldorf is a huge Audrey fan and would like her life to be like in Breakfast At Tiffanys.
- According to the DVD commentary of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (specifically "Suited For Success"), Rarity's voice is at least partially inspired by Audrey's.