Creator: Aubrey Plaza
Aubrey Christina Plaza (born June 26, 1984) is an American actress and comedian who has gained popularity for her persona as a Deadpan Snarker and Emotionless Girl. She has been something of a breakout star on Parks and Recreation for her role as intern (and eventually permanent assistant) April Ludgate. She actually was an intern for a post-it note factory and an NBC page before becoming an actress. Her role in Parks and Recreation was actually written for her: the show's casting director reportedly told a producer, "I just met the weirdest girl I've ever met in my life. You have to meet her and put her on your show."She has had small film roles in Funny People and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, and in 2012 she had her first starring roles in the teen Sex Comedy The To Do List and the time-travel drama Safety Not Guaranteed. As well as acting, Plaza performs improv and stand-up comedy.
- Parks and Recreation: April Ludgate
- Welcome To Sweden: Herself
- Funny People: Daisy Danby
- Mystery Team: Kelly
- Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: Julie Powers
- The To Do List: Brandy
- Safety Not Guaranteed: Darius
- From Up on Poppy Hill: Sachiko (English dub)
- Monsters University: Claire Wheeler
- The Legend of Korra: Eska
- Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever: Grumpy Cat (voice)
- Playing It Cool: Mallory
- Golan The Insatiable: Dylan Beekler
- Life After Beth: Beth
- Deadpan Snarker: It's one half of her comedy persona.
- Emotionless Girl/The Stoic: The other half of her persona.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Anna Kendrick, as is visible here and here.
- Spicy Latina/Sassy Black Woman: She has Puerto Rican heritage through her father, so she's expected to have some of both, but her Type Casting thus far completely inverts this.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: She uses it to store her smartphone.
- What Could Have Been:
- Originally auditioned to be a Saturday Night Live cast member for the 2008‒09 season (around the time that her Parks castmate-to-be Amy Poehler was due to leave and Lorne Michaels hired two new female cast members [Abby Elliott and Michaela Watkins] instead of John Roberts, T.J. Miller, Nick Kroll, and Plaza herself). (Had she been chosen, she would have been the first Hispanic female SNL cast member.note )
- In 2009 comedy website College Humor made a fake trailer for a live-action Daria movie with Plaza as the title character. Sadly, nothing came of it.
- When She Smiles: A side effect of her usual Emotionless Girl and Deadpan Snarker attitude makes her smile stand out more than it does for actresses with bubbly personas.