Creator / Ashley Eckstein
Maria Ashley Eckstein (born Maria Ashley Drane, September 22, 1981) is an American actress. She is probably most famous for her role as Anakin Skywalker's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
. She is also notable for founding "Her Universe", a merchandise line for female fans of Star Wars
and other "geek" franchises.
Tropes Associated with Ashley Eckstein:
- Dawson Casting: She is currently in her 30s, but when she did Ahsoka's voice in The Clone Wars, Ahsoka was a teenager. This is averted in her appearance in Rebels, which set 14 years later, in which at this point, Ahsoka is about Ashley's age (her 30s).
- It also creates some irony, as Ashley is actually 2 years older than Matt Lanter, who voices Anakin, who is about six years older than Ahsoka.
- One of Us: She is a huge Disney fan, and a self-proclaimed geek, Star Wars and Doctor Who fan.
- Promoted Fangirl: As noted, she's a huge Star Wars fan and becomes voice actress for Ahsoka Tano, one of the main characters in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Star-Making Role: Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Interestingly, this role also helped her start her career as a fashion-designer.