Creator: April Richards
A Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers fanfic author. A particularly prolific one at that, she's notable for demonstrating all the stereotypes about fanfic authors, Power Rangers fans, and otaku at once.
Tropes featured in this author's work include:
- Adults Are Useless: More than that, Billy's dad and Kimberly's mom are borderline abusive.
- Angst? What Angst?: Kimberly is almost raped by Malcum Brewster's nephew, and what does she do next? Goes over to Billy's house, where Tommy is staying. Coitus Ensues.
- Author Appeal: She's also an otaku, and everything has Japanese names. Tommy's also Japanese. Oddly enough, in the Bad Future fic, Tommy's expy is the only one whose first name isn't Japanese; he's named Alejandro.
- Blatant Lies: "My cousin Zedd, from Japan."
- Chick Magnet: Tommy. Even Rita wants him.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Malcum Brewster.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She's fond of giving them to Tommy.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Tommy. Even as the evil Green Ranger, he's Like A Father To His Men. As a good guy, he's easier on the monsters than his fellow Rangers.
- Zedd gets the leather pants-ing, too. He's just Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Flanderization: Billy is often portrayed as just starting puberty.
- Foe Yay: Rita/Tommy.
- Gratuitous Japanese: "Ohayo, Birrii-kun!" is possibly the most painful.
- Ho Yay: At various points, Jason/Tommy, Billy/Tommy, and even Zedd/Tommy.
- Meaningful Name: She loves them. Usually of the Steven Ulysses Perhero variety.
- Our Souls Are Different: They can die, for one.
- Race Lift: Tommy is Japanese, most of the time.
- Racist Grandma: "It's bad enough that you hang out with that Vietnamese girl. And...that black boy! I'll bet he gets his drugs from Tommy!"
- Ron the Death Eater: If you're Jason in an April Richards fic, the best you can hope for is that you'll be a perv or an uncharacteristic jerkass. At worst, you try to kill Tommy's soul.
- Rouge Angles of Satin
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Jason on occasion.
- Smoking Is Cool: Tommy tends to smoke in these stories. Because the last thing somebody on whose physical performance rests the entire world needs to worry about is getting winded.
- Taking You with Me: In the Bad Future fic, Tommy is the last to die, and he does this.
- They Just Didn't Care: You'd expect Kimberly to at least know what -chan means, with the way Tommy slips into Gratuitous Japanese.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.