Alison Brie (born December 29, 1982), is an American actress best known for roles in Community and Mad Men. In so doing, she shows her substantial range, playing characters who are polar opposites of each other (a fragile nerdy teenager/young adult in the former and a reasonably strong-willed—if shielded and at times obliviousnote —sophisticate in her early 30s in the latter) at the same time. You may also recognize her voice as Princess Uni-Kitty in The LEGO Movie.
- Actor-Shared Background: The story of Annie in Community's awkward first time with a guy who later turned out to be gay is apparently based on an actual experience Alison Brie had. Annie was also given Brie's Judaism, despite originally being written with an Asian girl in mind.
- The Cutie: A common role for her, although often with a bit of a dark side.
- Fake Brit: In The Five Year Engagement.
- Ms. Fanservice: Evolved into Ms. Fanservice in Community. Also wound up featuring in many photospreads, and starred in an online series called Hot Sluts.
- Older Than They Look: Looks like she's in her early twenties when she's really 33.
- She Also Did: A confident, high-society 1960s advertising executive's wife is also a neurotic college student. At the same time.
- Two First Names: "Brie" is actually her middle name; her last name is Schermerhorn (pronounced "SKER-mer-horn"). She has admitted that her actual surname's frequent mispronunciation makes her irritated.