Cuter than a bug
"The success of the show is overwhelming. It's like being Alice at the Mad Hatter's tea party because you never know what's going to happen next."
Alexis Bledel is an American actress and model of Mexican and Argentinian descent. Alexis engaged in community theater when she was 8 years old, at the behest of her mother Nanette as a way to get over her natural shyness
. She first started modeling at the tender age of 14 after being scouted in a local mall. At 18 she was asked if she'd like to audition for some acting parts and landed the role of Lorelai Leigh "Rory" Gilmore in the show Gilmore Girls
in her very first audition, probably had something to do with her big blue sparkling eyes. Her portrayal of the character earned her several honors from teen-centric media. After the end of Gilmore Girls, she has concentrated on her film work and restarted her modeling career.
- Dawson Casting:
- Mostly averted as she is a year or two older than the characters she plays.
- Played straight in the forthcoming movie Violet and Daisy as she was 28 playing 16.
- Latino Is Brown: Averted completely. You'd never guess that she was half Mexican, half Argentinian just by looking at her.
- The Danza: In the web comedy 'Girl Walks Into a Bar', she portrays a character called Kim. Her full name is Kimberly Alexis Bledel, and Kim is what her friends and family call her.
- What Beautiful Eyes: In Sin City, her eyes are one of the few things in colour because the director liked them so much.