"The success of the show is overwhelming. It's like being Alice at the Mad Hatter's tea party because you never know what's going to happen next."Kimberly Alexis Bledel (born September 16, 1981) is an American actress and model of Mexican and Argentinian descent. Alexis engaged in community theater when she was 8 years old, at the behest of her mother Nanette as a way to get over her natural shyness.She first started modeling at the tender age of 14 after being scouted in a local mall. At 18 she was asked if she'd like to audition for some acting parts and landed the role of Lorelai Leigh "Rory" Gilmore in the show Gilmore Girls in her very first audition, probably had something to do with her big blue sparkling eyes. Her portrayal of the character earned her several honors from teen-centric media. After the end of Gilmore Girls, she has concentrated on her film work and restarted her modeling career.
- Gilmore Girls and Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life (2000-2007,2016)
- Tuck Everlasting: Film debut (2002)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and its sequel. (2005, 2008)
- Sin City (2005)
- Post Grad (2009)
- ER (as one of the incoming interns in that show's Grand Finale, 2009)
- Mad Men: In the season five episode "Lady Lazarus" (2012), she plays an unhappy housewife Pete Campbell has a one night stand with.note
- Jenny's Wedding (2015)
- The Handmaid's Tale as Ofglen (2017-Present)
- Latina Is Brown: Averted completely. You'd likely never guess that she's half-Mexican, half-Argentinian just by looking at her. English is even her second language, as she grew up Spanish-speaking.
- Older Than They Look: She can still easily pass for a teenage girl... even though she's now in her late-30s.