You evil, evil man!
What if Batman
was The Joker
Nemesis follows the adventures of a rich playboy that enjoys the finer things in life: fast cars, beautiful women, and "dealing"
with someone on a 28 day (violent) crime spree. Marketed as the comic that "Makes Kick-Ass
look like shit!" this was written by Mark Millar
for Marvel Comics
with a movie adaptation already in consideration with the script written by Joe Carnahan (The A-Team
, Smokin' Aces
Hopefully DC Comics
Should not be confused with Nemesis the Warlock
or Star Trek: Nemesis
. You may be looking for Arch-Nemesis
, a trope about a person's single greatest enemy, or Nemesis from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Blake's almost as prescient about what criminals will do as Nemesis is about what Law enforcement will do.
- For the Evulz: Nemesis tells Blake that he is the son of two complete psychos Blake busted and sent to their deaths but it's all lies. The son in question died before the story even began. Nemesis is just some rich, bored guy looking for kicks as a supervillain.
- Gambit Roulette: Over the course of the book the ante is sequentially upped until the planners appear to have outright clairvoyant omniscience.
- Informed Ability: To a large degree given the way Nemesis constantly runs circles around him and could have killed him at any time.
- Light Is Not Good: Nemesis who is a villain in a pure white costume
- Medical Rape and Impregnate: Nemesis artificially inseminates Blake's daughter using her own brother's sperm. Nemesis then made sure that, if they made her have an abortion, Blake's daughter would never be able to bear more children. She is later seen with triplets.
- Our Presidents Are Different: When Blake is faced with a Sadistic Choice, the President or his wife, both of whom are rigged with explosives, the President enforced a third option. He gets in Nemesis' face and orders Blake to blow him up.
- Refuge in Audacity: The only way "Holy shit. I'm covered in old person." works at all.
- Rule of Cool: How else is Nemesis able to stay on the outside of a plane mid-flight?
- Sadistic Choice
- Show, Don't Tell: The first issue breaks this rule.
- Take a Third Option: See Our Presidents Are Different.
- Villain Protagonist: Yes.
- White Shirt of Death: Nemesis's costume is entirely white, leaving blood highly visible on it whenever he's slaughtering people.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: This is what Blake's playing at least. Just as Nemesis planned he would.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Nemesis does this to his henchmen.
- War On Cops: Nemesis' main recreational activity. His main target isn't politicians or landmarks, but well known police commissioners.