Comic Book: Heroic Age
Marvel Comics response to Brightest Day and the aftermath of Dark Reign and both Second Coming and Siege. Its major premise is complete revision of the status quo by combining classic themes with new, fresh ideas.After Norman Osborn's downfall things seem to be going a lot better for superheroes — people love them again and old differences seem forgotten. But sinister threats are waiting just around the corner.To celebrate the start of the Heroic Age, Marvel is closing all four of their Avengers titles (Dark Avengers, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative), and starting four new ones:
- Avengers vol.4 – written by Brian Michael Bendis, this team is bringing back a classic feeling, one many fans have missed since Avengers: Disassembled. Confirmed team members are Thor, Iron Man, the new Captain America, Hawkeye and Spider-Woman. Maria Hill may possibly be their Mission Control.
- New Avengers vol.2 – a second Bendis book, aimed toward fans of the first New Avengers. Multiple superheroes team up to secretly fight much darker threats. Bendis describes this book as a balance between serious and funny stories, with an often changing roster. Members are Luke Cage, Jewel, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Thing, Ms. Marvel. This book saw the controversial addition of Victoria Hand, plus Doctor Strange, Mockingbird and Iron Fist.
- Secret Avengers – Ed Brubaker's new ongoing. Steve Rogers is back and leads a secret team of superheroes. His teammates are Nova, Moon Knight, Black Widow, Beast, War Machine, Valkyrie, Ant-Man and Sharon Carter.
- Avengers Academy – a continuation of Avengers: The Initiative by Christos Gage. Henry Pym, Tigra, Quicksilver, Justice and Speedball (yes, Speedball again, no more Penance) take a young generation of superheroes under their wings, determined to teach them what it means to be a hero.
- Thunderbolts - Luke Cage becomes Warden to villians from the Dark Reign era. Going on assignments to work off their prison sentences. Other Wardens working with him incluse Mach V, Songbird and the Fixer.