It's worth pointing out that many
jokes are based on someone comically missing the point.
- A guy walks into a doctor's office and says loudly to the receptionist, "There's something wrong with my dick." The receptionist looks up rather irritated and says, "Sir, you shouldn't come walking into this office and talking like that. It's embarrassing to everyone. If it's something that sensitive, you should say there's something wrong with your ear and then discuss things more privately with the doctor in his office." "Okay, okay, sorry," the man grumbles. "Miss, I'm hear to see the doctor about my ear." "Very well, what seems to be the trouble with your ear, sir?" The man replies, "It hurts when I take a piss."
- An older couple are at home one evening having a nice quiet dinner together when the husband suddenly collapses on the floor clutching his chest in pain. The wife rushes to the phone and dials 911. When the emergency operator answers, she says, "Quick, I need to get an ambulance over here right away. I think my husband is having a heart attack!" The voice on the other end says, "We're dispatching an ambulance now, ma'am. What's the address?" The wife replies, "1852 Eucalyptus." "Can you spell that?" asks the operator. "No I can't. If you want, I can drag him over to Oak Street...."
- Two men were walking through the woods when they found tracks. One said they were deer tracks, the other said they were elk tracks. They were still arguing about it when the train hit them.
- A guy shows up late for work. The boss yells "You should have been here at 8:30!" he replies: "Why? What happened at 8:30?"
- A guy tells his psychiatrist: "It was terrible. I was away on business, and I emailed my wife that Iíd be back a day early. I rushed home from the airport and found her in bed with my best friend. I donít get it. How could she do this to me?" "Well," says the psychiatrist. "Maybe she didnít see the email."
- An flying airplane in the air is suddenly rocked by an explosion. The air-hostess goes to the passengers and announces that one of the engines's just exploded, but since there are 3 more, the flight will simply take half an hour more. This situation repeats itself twice more with the same result and then another time. One of the passengers exclaims: "Goddamit, now it's gonna take the whole damned day to get there!"