- In Astonishing X-Men, Kitty Pryde intentionally missed the point in order to play Deadpan Snarker to Emma Frost:
Emma: Three students were missing from my ethics class. Seventeen overall. Logan had to break up two fistfights and a mystical swordfight. And that dreadful Guatemalan crab-boy is at Benetech telling reporters this is every mutant's only chance to avoid burning in everlasting hellfire. This is eating us from the inside out.
Kitty: Oh my God ... you teach ethics?
- In Empire State, Sara tries to illustrate to Jimmy the danger of looking for dates on Craigslist by describing a blind date she met who ended up being grossly overweight. Jimmy identifies with the overweight guy, and concludes that he, too, can meet attractive girls if he words his personal ads on Craigslist just right.
- Gaston Lagaffe once invented an improved form of seat belt. These seat belts were designed to stretch, so someone wearing them can leave their car for a short distance without taking them off to, for example, drop off a letter.
- In the same vein he also designed a highly efficient solar-powered flashlight that had just one minor flaw: it only worked in full daylight.
- He also built an electric wheeled suitcase that could roll along without you having to carry or drag it. The dozens of dozens of of batteries required to power it took up almost all the space save for a toothbrush-sized slot. His friend, who was forced to carry Gaston's other luggage in his own bags, was less than impressed. And by that I mean he punched Gaston in the face and made them switch luggage.
- Sis from Katy Keene would do this sometimes.
- Once she borrowed one of Katy's mink stoles to keep her snowman warm.
- Hilariously used in Les Légendaires, where protagonist Jadina become the target of a rivalry between her teammate Danael and her former fiancé Prince Halan. When questionning her other teammates about the dangers the two of them go through lastly,Gryf explains her they are doing it "for a girl's beautiful eyes"... and she deduces Danael and Halan have a crush on her elven comrade Shimy, to everyone's dismay.
- In My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (IDW) the CMC have been fillynapped! What's the first thing they think about? Whether or not they get "fillynapped" cutie marks. Queen Chrysalis even considers revising her opinion that trolls are the stupidest creatures alive after putting up with their constant chatter for a while.
- In #2, Twilight is more impressed by how large a cave troll is instead of any possible threat the troll represents.
- When Rarity faces the Phantom Pony of the Opera in the changeling castle, she is more disturbed by the prospect of dating a basement-dwelling musician than anything.
- Sweetie Belle is more upset about Chrysalis being boring than her being a threat to their lives.
- This strip◊ by Quino, slightly NSFW.
- In Runaways, when Alex pulls a Sleeping Dummy trick to conspire with his friends about taking down the Ancient Conspiracy their parents are part of, his mother's first reaction is to wonder what her son is doing with a male mannequin head in his room.
- In Scott Pilgrim, the Vegan Police rush in to remove Todd Ingram's vegan superpowers for eating gelato. Someone notes that Todd also ate chicken parmesan, but the police aren't sure whether parmesan is an animal or not, so they don't punish him for that one.
- This exchange from Starman:
Jack: This one isn't about collectibles but it's the same kind of thing. I'm in a book store ... for new books. I've gone a little bit crazy and I'm about to spend a couple of hundred bucks. I murmur under my breath "money's too tight to mention". Now the guy behind the register, he hears this. He looks at me, nodding his head knowingly like we're in some "club of cool" together. He says, "Yeah, Simply Red" like it's a password, and now we do the secret handshake. And I'm thinking "Simply Red"? Lame English band. More soul at a polka convention. And the book store guy thinks he's on some kind of inside loop with that.Sadie: That's the smuggest thing I ever heard. A guy tries to be nice and you stand there hating him just because he hasn't heard of the Valentine Brothers. You're like my ex-boyfriend. He was that way about authors. He'd deliberately drop obscure quotes and references. He'd take over conversations at parties. But none of what he read was for the love of it. His knowledge was like a weapon. Don't tell me you're like that. I don't want another jerk. I've had... Hey, why are you smiling?
Jack: Because you've heard of the Valentine Brothers.
- The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers - Fat Freddy is leaving a theater playing Easy Rider, surrounded by freaks with horrified, sorrowful faces - he's got an eager little smile, thinking "I gotta get me a motorcycle!"