- In Anastasia, the train car that the protagonists are in breaks off from the ones behind it. Vlad is more concerned about losing the dining car.
- In Beauty and the Beast, Belle does this, seemingly on purpose as a means of messing with Gaston.
Gaston: Here, picture this: A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs. We'll have six or seven.
Gaston: No, Belle! Strapping boys, like me!
- In The Book of Life, As Joaquin and Manolo prepare to fight mono e mono, one of Joaquin's men throws him his sword, while the mariachi guys throw Manolo... His guitar.
"What?? You wanted a banjo?
- In The Boxtrolls, but used in a non funny matter. It has Eggs saying that HE was the Trubshore Baby but Lord Portley Rind doesn't care that a baby took by the Boxtrolls are alive and gets mad at him for making the cheese wheel fall into the sea.
- Chicken Run: Mr. Tweedy is being attacked by chickens.
Mr. Tweedy: Mrs. Tweedy! THE CHICKENS ARE REVOLTING!
Mrs. Tweedy: (not looking up) Finally, something we agree on.
- Babs has several moments of this herself.
- The scene from Felidae with Bluebeard's response to Francis telling him that the cult could lead to something big. "Something like a fresh piece of fish?"
- From Hey Arnold! The Movie, as the boarders try to figure out a way to keep the house from being demolished:
Oskar: Maybe we could paint the house with vanishing cream! Then it will be invisible!
Ernie: That is the stupidest idea I ever heard! What if it rains? Ding-dong! Ever think about that, Kokoschka? It'll wash the vanishing cream off and then everyone will see us!
Oskar: Ah, pooh, you're right!
- For much of Home, Oh cannot get it through his head that his brethren hold him in contempt.
- In Hoodwinked, right after the Big Bad's Villain Song, the Wolf and Granny are secretly watching behind rocks:
Granny Puckett: Sweet tea and cookies! We got to do something.
Wolf W. Wolf: I know. The song was catchy, but the choreography was terrible.
- In Kung Fu Panda 2 villain Lord Shen is about to release his ultimate with a Badass Boast, but his luteniant doens't get the analogy.
: The year of the peacock begins now! Wolf
: Right now? Cause its the middle of the year... so you'd only get like a half of the year of the peacock Shen
: Shows him a knife Wolf
: And this is, of course, the year of the peacock, aha...Happy New Year Sir.
- The Lion King gives us the hyenas in the "Be Prepared" song.
Banzai: Yeah! Be prepared. We'll be prepared! For what?
Scar: For the death of the king!
Banzai: Is he sick?
Scar: No, fool, we're going to kill him. And Simba too.
Shenzi: Great idea! Who needs a king?
Hyenas: No king, no king! La la la la la!
Scar: Idiots! There will be a king!
Banzai: Eh, but you said...
Scar: I will be king!
- In Monsters University, the first round of the Scare Games involves running through a tunnel of toxic sea urchin-like critters. As the hosts repeatedly tell the contestants not to touch them, Art is excitedly yelling how he wants to touch one. He does and is promptly poisoned.
- In The Nightmare Before Christmas, Jack Skellington tries to explain Christmas by way of talking about gifts and stockings. The other citizens of Halloween don't quite get it. In fact, Nightmare's entire plot hinges on the fact that the Halloween Town's citizens don't quite get the point of Christmas.
Jack: We pick up an over-sized sock, and hang it like this on the wall.
Various Hydes: Oh, yes! Does it still have a foot? Let me see! Let me look! Is it rotted and covered with gook?!
- Jack's own enthusiasm for putting on Christmas has him oblivious to Sally's warning, as he assigns her making his Santa outfit.
Sally: Jack, please listen to me. It's going to be a disaster!
Jack: How could it be? Just follow the pattern! [holds up design of outfit] This part's red, the trim is white...
Sally: It's a mistake, Jack!
Jack: Now don't be modest. Who else is clever enough to make my Sandy Claws outfit?
- Skipper in Penguins of Madagascar, a lot. Within one action scene, he scolds Private for playing with "backpacks" (actually parachutes), says passengers on a plane they punched holes in are going to freak because of a lack of snacks, and responds to Kowalski saying a plane is at 12 o'clock (referring to its position in relation to the penguins) with "Good, it's only eleven thirty".
- In Rango, one of the volunteers for the posse, Sgt. Turley, has an arrow through his eye, and Rango sheepishly points out, "You've, uh, got a little something in your eye there." Turley seems to think Rango is talking about his conjunctivitis.
- "Must be that immersive theater."
- In The Road to El Dorado, when Miguel and Tulio are caught accidentally stowing away on Cortez's ship:
Miguel: All right! Cuba!
- In South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, after the Canadian army blows up the Baldwin brothers, the U.S. declares war on Canada. Everyone is shocked, but Mr. Garrison shouts "All the Baldwins are dead!?"
- Sid from Ice Age, basically all the time.
- In The Jungle Book, there's this gem when Bagheera tries to urge Baloo to take Mowgli back to the man-village:
Bagheera: Baloo, birds of a feather should flock together. You wouldn't marry a panther, would you?
Baloo: I don't know. (amused) Come to think of it, no panther ever asked me.
- In The Rescuers Down Under,during the beginning of the film, Bernard is trying to work up the courage to ask Ms. Bianca to marry him. However as he's away, Bianca receives word of their newest mission to Australia. She sends their waiter off to find Bernard, but when Bernard doesn't listen to him, it leads him to the misunderstanding that they have a mission at all.
Ms. Bianca: Bernard, did you talk to Francois?
Bernard: Ah yes, but uh.. there's... there's something I want-
Ms. Bianca: I know exactly what you're going to say. Francois told me all about it.
Bernard: He did? How, how... how did he-
Ms. Bianca: Oh, it doesn't matter, I think it's a marvelous idea.
Bernard: You do? I mean, you... you really want to?
Ms. Bianca: I don't think it's a matter of wanting, it's a matter of duty.
Bernard: D-duty? I... I never thought of it, well, umm... all right.... all right. How does... how does next ah-April sound to you?
Ms. Bianca: Heavens, no! We must act immediately, tonight!
Bernard: Tonight? But, but, ah... wait! [cuts to them walking down into the headquarters of the Rescue Aid Society] Uh, Bianca, this is so sudden, I mean, don't you at least need a gown or something?
Ms. Bianca: No, just a pair of khaki shorts, and some hiking boots.
Bernard: Hiking boots???
- In The Lego Batman Movie, when the Eye of Sauron tells the Joker that the Batcave is located under Wayne Manor, Joker thinks it means Bruce Wayne and Batman are roommates.