Comic Strip: The Adventures Of Jeremiah
The Adventures of Jeremiah is a Christianity-inclined comic that was run in Christian magazines since around 1983. It focused on the lives of 5 teenagers (Jeremiah; Trudy, Jeremiah's girlfriend; Luke, Jeremiah's best friend; Matt, the wisecracker of the group; Penny, Luke's sister and Matt's on-and-off girlfriend) as they tried to keep their faith while dealing with the (quite unusual) tasks of everyday life. The interesting thing about this comic is that there's No Fourth Wall. All the characters are completely aware that they're being drawn by the cartoonist. The classic black and white collection can be found here, and the newer colored issues are here.
This comic provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: Lampshaded here◊
- Blackmail: Here◊.
- Cool Old Guy: Jeremiah's Grandpa
- Credit Card Plot
- Do Wrong, Right: To Penny◊
- Good News, Bad News: A particularly egregrious example◊
- Her Code Name Was Mary Sue: Matt makes his own comic strip after he gets shoved Out of Focus for a few strips and invokes this trope immediatelyhere◊.
- Imagine Spot: Here◊.
- It's a Wonderful Plot:
- Limited Wardrobe: Discussed here◊.
- Never My Fault: As seen here◊
- No Fourth Wall: The wall outright disappears at least once every few months.
- Rage Against the Author: Happens a couple of times◊
- Rule of Symbolism: Often
- Who Writes This Crap?! A very direct example.◊