Comic Strip / Elvis
Elvis is a Swedish newspaper comic strip about middle-aged anthropomorphic turtle Elvis, his wife Hedvig
and their toddler
. It's drawn by Tony and Maria Cronstam and has it's own comic book in Sweden. It started out as your average funny animal strip, but later on Tony began to base the strip on his personal life
, making Elvis an Author Avatar
. It's seriously NSFW.
Elvis provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Hedvig's view of the world.
- An Aesop
- Anthropomorphic Shift: An old strip shows Elvis buying a new shell.
- Author Avatar: Subverted.
- Big Eater: There's a reason that Elvis regularly decides to lose weight.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Hedvig never mentions Elvis penis size as something negative.
- Biggus Dickus: Georges, Elvis' brother.
- Black Comedy Rape: During the sex episode, Hedvig tries being a dominatrix. It's just that she ignores the safeword.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Issue #2 2011.
- Butt Monkey: Elvis.
- Buxom Is Better: Elvis prefers the big-busted ladies.
- Camp Gay: Umberto from the spa episode.
- Cats Are Mean: Their cat Sonny is hinted at being a psychopath.
- Chew Toy: Poor Elvis never gets it right.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Totte was a main character until he suddenly never appeared again, around the time when the comic became more slice-of-life.
- Comically Missing the Point: Issue #3 2011. Elvis is tired of his job as a psychologist and quits. He gets a job at a grocery store, but is hilariously bad at it. He won't realize the criticism he gets from his boss is accurate.
- Cringe Comedy: Oh so much.
- For Want of a Nail: Issue #3 2012. Elvis goes back in time to the nineties so he won't cheat on Hedvig, but end up making it worse.
- Funetik Aksent: Whenever Elvis speaks English.
- Henpecked Husband: Poor Elis.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Hedvig is redheaded.
- Hypocrite: Elvis has no qualms about ogling women, while he really hates men checking out Hedvig.
- I Was Quite a Looker: When Elvis goes back in time, it's revealed he was quite attractive. He lampshades it.
- Jerkass: Hedvig, most of the time. But she has her moments.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall
- Negative Continuity: The longer episodes usually end disastrously for Elvis, but luckily for him, these disasters are usually never alluded to again.
- Real Life Writes the Plot
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Hedvig and Elvis.
- Sweet Tooth: Elvis.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Elvis sure likes his Polly.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Guess three times.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: When it comes up, they aren't afraid to show it.
- Your Cheating Heart: In issue #3 2012, it's revealed Hedvig is bitter because Elvis made out with a hot chick when they were young.