Comic Strip: Adam At Home
Adam@home (originally simply Adam) is a Newspaper Comic created by Brian Basset for Universal Press Syndicate. It centers on the daily life of its' nerdy tite character Adam Newman and his family, comprised by his wife Laura and his children Clayton and Katy. The household is rounded out by Gumbo, a dog adopted by the family.Basset no longer works on the strip full-time, turning his attention to Red and Rover. Since 2009, most duties were handed over to long-time assistant Rob Harrell, the strip's current artist.
This strip contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Adam can be a insufferably neurotic nut at times; but his timid, often innocent personality wins over any of his flaws.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Katy
- Bumbling Dad: Subverted, since it's Adam's dorkiness what gets him in trouble.
- Character Title
- Cheerful Child: Clayton
- Deadpan Snarker: Laura
- The Ditz: Adam
- Four-Temperament Ensemble
- Sanguine: Laura
- Choleric: Katy
- Melancholic: Adam
- Phlegmatic: Clayton
- Leukine: Gumbo
- Happily Married: Adam and Laura.
- Henpecked Husband: Adam, sometimes. Not that he really minds.
- Large Ham: Adam, of course.
- Long Runner: Since more or less the mid-1980s.
- Must Have Coffee: A Running Gag deals with Adam's fondness for coffee.
- Precious Puppies: In 2012 the Newmans adopted a labradoodle named Gumbo
- Sweater Girl: Laura, often.
- Twitchy Eye: While hardly a Stepford Smiler, Laura can get pretty annoyed at Adam's antics once in a while, and shows it by twitching.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Adam and Laura: He's nerdy, balding and out of shape and she's pretty much the opposite.
- Women Are Wiser: Laura to Adam, of course,