Comic Book: Zombies Calling
"We never should have left the mall."Zombies Calling is a comic book by Faith Erin Hicks. The story follows a student named Joss, whose main survival skill is being genre savvy in a zombie-infested university.
This work has examples of:
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Subverted with Robyn.
- Cassandra Truth: Joss runs into zombies one night and her roommates don't believe her. Next day, the zombies have taken over campus.
- Daylight Horror
- Enclosed Space
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: The Professor is just called Professor.
- Evil Plan / Insane Troll Logic: The Professor's evil plan is to turn his students into zombies through chemically enhanced coffee to make a statement about the modern day college system. Yeah...
- Four-Temperament Ensemble:
- Sanguine: Joss
- Melancholic: Sonnet
- Phlegmatic: Robyn
- Choleric: The Professor
- Genki Girl: Joss
- Genre Savvy: Joss gets this from seeing every zombie movie ever made.
- Heroic Sacrifice: rule two
- Improbable Weapon User: Jars, books and sporks are among the weapons.
- Lampshade Hanging
- Military Brat: Robyn is revealed to be one
- Not Using the Z Word: Lampshaded and subverted
- Only One Name: Joss and Robyn.
- Our Zombies Are Different
- Perky Goth: Sonnet fits the bill.
- Poster-Gallery Bedroom
- Two Girls and a Guy
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Subverted in that Joss is not British; she just wants to go to Britain. Then there's the other guy.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Does this need to be explained?