Twilit is a 2010 Antarctic Press comic by J.L. Anderson that parodies the Twilight series.The comic focuses on Maverick Dreadnyght, a vampire prince who could really care less about his species "ancient ways" and would rather spend all day getting high. However his father is insistent on him following in his footsteps and their family legacy. After Maverick is caught trying to sneak off to Burning Man, he's punished by being sent to a vampire academy where he has to deal with a pompous roommate and flack from his teachers. Luckily he still has his weed...till it eventually all runs out and things get complicated from there.The comic is recently on hiatus though J.L has stated she wishes to return to it when she has the time and resources.
- Abusive Parents: Maverick's, who all too freely threatens him with staking.
- Cliffhanger: The issue ends with Maverick making a spectacle out himself when fighting his marijuana supplier. While he gets out of jail for being royalty, his actions are covered by the news which his dad happens to watch. He's not happy.
- Dumb Blonde: Melissa.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad
- Our Vampires Are Different: Turned vampires lose the memory who they once were. However, if they get a scent or glimpse of something familiar to them, some of their human memories can resurface. Maverick is also part of a race known as Dawnwalkers which allow him to go out in the daytime.
- The Stoner: Maverick, of course.
- Vampire Vannabe: Werewolf wannabe Raver Moonwolf aka "Wolfie". A dude who imagines himself as a female werewolf and goes around in a werewolf costume.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: What Maverick's father usually thinks of him.