C'est pô juste...
One of the most popular recent Franco-Belgian Comics
, created in 1992 by the Swiss cartoonist Philippe Chappuis, aka Zep
(as in Led Zeppelin
), tells the everyday life of the 8-year-old Titeuf and his buddies, specifically on their... confused views regarding the adults and the world. It frequently plays with the Children Are Innocent
trope: The kids are far more aware of sex, drugs and the like than the adults would believe, but almost always by Comically Missing the Point
, especially Titeuf himself. A translated version appeared for a short while in The Dandy
Titeuf provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Titeuf (from "Tête d'Oeuf", "egghead", according to Word of God) versus the rest of the cast.
- All Men Are Perverts
- Animated Adaptation: A TV series and a movie.
- Anime Hair: Titeuf's blond lock, taking the Idiot Hair trope to a whole new level by being his only hair, and nearly as tall as his body.
- Asleep in Class: Though not asleep per se, the children are really, really bored in class, and it shows.
- Author Avatar: Titeuf's father strongly resembles Zep.
- Bowdlerise: On the TV series, the school nurse started out with overly large breasts, but for her season 3 redesign they were reduced to a normal size.
- Catch Phrase: C'est pô juste... (s'not fair...)
- Children Are Innocent: As already mentioned, Double Subverted.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Deliberately Monochrome: The first volume.
- Early-Installment Weirdness : The first few volumes (the very first one in particular) are considerably Darker and Edgier (maybe Hotter and Sexier ?) than the later ones. In fact, their boldness can be downright disturbing. The first album is also the only one in black and white.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Titeuf's parents are only addressed as such, but the trope is generally averted with the other adults.
- Five-Man Band
- From the Mouths of Babes
- Hospital Hottie: The busty school nurse.
- Kids Are Cruel
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Dumbo, named for her big nose and ears.
- Oddball in the Series: "Nadia gets married" is full story about Titeuf getting jealous over Nadia's boyfriend.
- Precocious Crush: Titeuf toward Nadia.
- Stern Teacher
- Vitriolic Best Buds
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Hervé, aka "Vomito", as this as his hat.