Comic Book / The Technopriests
is an eight-issue miniseries by Alejandro Jodorowsky
and Zoran Janjetov as part of the Metabarons Universe
. The series recounts the history of Albino, who rose from being the unwanted son of a cheese magnate to become Supreme Technopriest.
This series contains examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: Don Massimo, the head of the Techno Pre-School, lost both of his legs as a punishment for stealing from the Technopriests.
- Artistic License – Biology: Almagro, Albino, and Onyx somehow manage to be triplets despite having three different fathers.
- Child by Rape: Albino, Almagro, and Onyx were all born as a result of Panepha's gang-rape at the hands of Ulritch the Red and his band of pirates.
- Fantasy-Forbidding Father: Averted; Panepha agrees to pull strings so that Albino can become a Technopriest and create video games, if only because doing so allows her to cut him off from the family.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Panepha's mistreatment of Onyx comes back to bite her in the ass when Onyx discovers that she's the daughter of a pirate lord.
- Parental Favoritism: Panepha makes no secret of the fact that she favors Almagro over Albino and Onyx.
- Rape as Backstory: Panepha was originally a priestess who was supposed to become an oracle, but was gang-raped by Ulritch the Red and his pirates, after which she was disowned by her order and left to die in the ruins of her temple.
- The Unfavorite: Onyx, with her red skin and four arms, is rejected by her mother and forced to live with the family's mutant slaves.