Comic Book: Superman And The Thundercats
In January 2004, DC Comics
published a one-shot crossover comic between the ThunderCats
Superman, the defender of Earth, meets the toughest 'Cats in a special Crisis Crossover
event! While trying to stop Mumm-Ra's minions, the Mutants
, from retrieving a magical stone equal in power to the Eye of Thundera
, the ThunderCats are hurled into an alternate dimension, downtown Metropolis!
While searching for the Mutants, the 'Cats accidentally cause confusion and chaos all over town. It isn't long before the Man of Steel himself steps in to put a stop to thier antics. Can the Man of Steel withstand a blow from the most powerful sword in just about any
universe? Will the ThunderCats be able to get back home alive?
What do you think...?
Tropes appearing in the comic
- Animation Bump: The 2004-cats get a minor facelift for the comic.
- Ax-Crazy: Mumm-Ra, what else is new?
- Badass: Superman and Lion-O.
- Badass Boast: Mumm-Ra will do this in any dimension.
- Bash Brothers: Superman and Lion-O
- City of Weirdos: Subverted when the 'Cats land in the universe of Superman, they walk around Metropolis like they're a common sight, almost blissfully unaware of how things work on Superman's Earth. They are very surprised by everything around them as would be expected; they even comment on the smell of all things!
- Cosmic Keystone: The stone Lantana Lin gives Mumm-Ra at the beginning of the story.
- Crisis Crossover
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Superman vs. The ThunderCats (other than Lion-O): Superman wins
- Excuse Plot: How could Superman and Lion-O ever team up to beat the crap out of Mumm-Ra? Through the use of magical dimension-hopping MacGuffins, of course!
- Large Ham: Mumm-Ra
- Let's You and Him Fight: As usual in these types of crossovers, Superman ends up mistaking the ThunderCats for bad guys and fighting them until the misunderstanding is cleared up.
- The Man Behind the Man: Mister Mxyzptlk
- Mineral MacGuffin: The Eye of Thundera and the stone in the Metropolis Museum.
- Multiversal Conqueror: Mumm-Ra planned on becoming one, but needless to say he ended up pretty disappointed.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Poor Panthro; he really didn't stand a chance against old Supes.
- Power Crystal: The magical stone Mxyzptlk gives Mumm-Ra in order to cross dimensions.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Those Mutants, the more things change the more they stay the same.
- Villain Team-Up: Mumm-Ra and Lantana Lin/Mister Mxyzptlk.