Comic Book: Killer Condom
aka: Kondom Des Grauens
(original title: Kondom des Grauens
, "Condom of Horror") is a comic book series, published together with its direct sequel, To the Bones
. The series is a loving parody of gritty crime films by the German Queer Media
comic artist Ralf König. It tells the story of a troubled, sarcastic police inspector named Luigi Maccaroni, who runs into a mysterious case involving severed penises in the gutters of New York.The Movie
, starring some very
famous German actors, was made by Troma
. It's considered an excellent Pragmatic Adaptation
This work provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Gays Are Ephebophiles: When Plumley is answered at Maccaroni's door by Maccaroni's young lover.
Plumley: "That one didn't even have pubes!"
Maccaroni: "True. You assume that I'm banging underage boys here! Well that's not the case here. We shaved him last night, Plumley, gee how [much] fun we had."
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: A condom, of course.
- The Bear: Maccaroni.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Zigzagged all around, mostly in the flavour of deconstruction.
- Maccaroni's previous acquaintances have "all liked it very much"; however, he feels they like it too much and tend to ignore the person hanging from it. The other confirmed "heavy loader" in the work is also having emotional trouble because of his penis.
- Body Horror: The Killer Condom is just like any old innocent safety rubber. Except that it has the teeth of a shark and insatiable lust for human genitalia.
- Bury Your Gays: Behind the existence of the killer condom and the gay-eating monster is an insane male-to-female transgender/crossdressing Christian fanatic who believes that Jesus is about to return and that the world should be "cleansed" of homosexuals before a set date.
- Cassandra Truth: No one takes witness stories of the killer condom seriously.
- Depraved Homosexual: Ms. Riffleson, arguably.
- Gay Moment: Subverted when Maccaroni shows the scars from his encounter with the killer condom. Plumley blushes and protests, but never makes a number about not being gay.
- Hungry Menace: The Killer Condom and the gay-eating monster.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: Of all people, a porn actor has a problem with this during his shoots. Justified as he's actually a gentle man who only really has passion if there's emotions involved.
- Love Hotel: The gritty Western equivalent, Robinson's Hotel Quickie. Mainly a host to prostitution.
- Manly Gay: Maccaroni.
- Moment Killer: The mother of them all when Maccaroni breaks into a hotel room where he suspects the killer condom to lurk, his safety measures (read: gunplay) ruining it totally for a prostitute and his customer.
- Parody: Of gritty crime films.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: Eventually, huge bear Bob "Bladder" and Plumley. Plumley is a normal sized mature man but manages to look quite like a puppy next to Bob, the incredibly hairy meat of mountain.
- Sexual Extortion: A would-be graduate has "failed her exams by a few measly points". Luckily, the professor has always had a fondness of her...
- Straight Gay: Every gay character except for a few background characters.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: "Billy Bullock" the porn star. This Billy in question was actually a man-eating creature in a human suit deliberately chosen to be a porn star for attracting gay men.
- You Need to Get Laid: Maccaroni to Plumley, when the latter finally admits he has been thinking about their earlier drop by a gay bar.