A comic book series by Lewis Trondheim
that was turned into an animated series, which told the story of two aliens who traveled the galaxy and try to conquer any planet they came across.
The animated series was seen on Teletoon in Canada and Nicktoons Network in the United States.
This series provides examples of:
- Blood Knight: As opposed to Zosky, who tends to be more about pragmatic domination and enslavement, Kaput usually just wants to crisperize people.
- Though Zosky isn't above ejoying the prospect of shooting people up himself.
- Eldritch Location: Apparently, aside from the one galaxy the duo knows, the universe consists of black voids, white voids, and places that are fairly terrifying.
- Escape from the Crazy Place: Kaput and Zosky nearly inevitably discover that the planet they have chosen to invade happens to be either batshit crazy or deceptively competent enough to warrant a retreat.
- Evil Brit: Zosky in the TV show, going by his accent.
- Faster-Than-Light Travel: apparently not a good idea in this universe (that, or Kaput and Zosky's signature bad luck made it seem so).
- Harmless Villain: as the protagonists! This show could pretty much have been called Harmless Villains: The Show.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Without this trope, there would be no series.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: The duo's ship can carry them, their guns, their personal belongings, ample food supplies, and various guides and manuals despite barely being able to accommodate them alone.
- Hyperspace Is a Scary Place: not really, but the places Kaput and Zosky end up after coming OUT of hyperspace... they ARE scary.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villains: In spite of seemingly effective weaponry and often supremely evil intentions, the duo appear to have never actually conquered anything.
- While their weaponry is effective, it doesn't help that most people they run into, if armed at all, have bigger guns then theirs. Not to mention bigger ships. And usually bigger brains.
- While very rare, they did conquer some planets. Though they were always forced to leave them due to diverse factors, occasionally even complete boredom.
- Mythology Gag: An episode of the TV series had the duo meet a comic book artist (with a French accent) who wrote stories about them. The original comic was published in French.
- One-Winged Angel: inhabitants of the planet Pax turn into gigantic monstrosities when angered.
- Paper People: They had an entire planet of these in one episode.
- Planetville Of Hats: Every. Single. Planet.
- Ray Gun: The duo's Crisperizers.
- Recycled Script: One episode has the duo conquer a planet, only discover all its inhabitants fleeing because the planet is about to explode at sundown, and Kaput and Zosky try to follow suit, only for the planet to blow up beneath them (they were fine). A later episode is just this one with new dialogue, changing the plot to the planet, now a popular tourist destination, being deemed unpopular and all the natives fleeing to avoid being unpopular themselves.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Color-Coded for Your Convenience, except in this case Zosky is Yellow as opposed to blue.
- Single Gender Race: A planet of magicians that made all known women (and rabbits) on said planet disappear in their magic acts.
- Villain Protagonists