Comic Book / Eon
is a Norwegian comic strip written and drawn by Lars Lauvik. The strip originated in the Ernie
magazine before advancing to Pondus
. The plotlines revolve around Tetra the ant-eater and his friends, or Vitriolic Best Buds
, or whatever. The strip mix the Funny Cartoon Animal
with normal humans, and sometimes Real Life
people as well. Politicians of different flavors have it coming big time. Surreal Humor
is a staple here.
Tetra is usually the main character, and was the first to be introduced. He is an ant-eater, and is accompanied by Freddy, a weasel, and God
, who is retired (he has left the day-to-day running of things over to Jesus
). Sulle, a rabbit, was also in from the start, later Put on a Bus
, to be replaced by the Cloud Cuckoolander
Gonzales, another rabbit. Rosa, a girl, fills in as the Only Sane Man
, while the antagonist usually is a "mrs Pepperpot", who runs the local congregation. Tetra is actually killed off at least once (being executed), but was kicked out of Heaven for playing too loud. The confusion is even more complete when you add the alien Arcatus, and his daughter, who eats babies alive. Lauvik himself also stars in a number of strips, usually to explain to the editor, and the readers, what is going on.
- The Antagonist: Mrs Pepperpot, leader of the local congregation house.
- Back from the Dead: Tetra was kicked out of heaven for playing too loud.
- Butt Monkey: Tetra. If someone has it coming, it is almost always him. Because God is in the area, he is also a literal Cosmic Plaything. Most of the Norwegian politicians who cameo in the strip also qualifies on this.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Gonzales, Tetra, even God qualifies.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Tetra was executed by the means of forced reruns of the Norwegian soap Hotel Caesar to the point where he couldn´t take anymore.
- The Fundamentalist: Mrs. Pepperpot. And she's not even the worst religious fundamentalist in her congreation, she's just the most prominent one.
- God Is Evil: Downplayed; God is a Jerk Ass.
- Idiot Ball: Tetra has it a lot of times, but Gonzales has a good number two on this one.
- Medium Awareness: Much of the humor is quite meta, to the point where a character (usually Tetra) discusses the format with his author. This developed gradually, until both the cartoonist and the editor had cameos in the strip.
- Only Sane Man: Rosa full stop.
- Shout-Out: To a lot of movie franchises and other pop-cultural phenomena. One story arc had Tetra being taken by aliens, another by poltergeists, and so on, and so on...
- Take That!: Everything and everyone. Norwegian politicians are a common goal for harassment, to the point where the characters do what they possiby can to humiliate them.
- Zany Scheme: Tetra, but also God. Sometimes all of the core gang are in on it.