"The Doctor is never alone. I'm going to have to change that."
— The Mysterious Figure
A 12-issue comic book series released to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who
The premise is that a mysterious figure is travelling through time kidnapping the companions of every Doctor. Features appearances from Doctors 1-11 (not counting the War Doctor
The identity of the villain, kept secret for the first eight chapters, is a massive spoiler, so you have been warned.
Can be read here
- Adipose Rex: The Ramoraxian Prime from #3.
- And I Must Scream: What the Master has been doing to two Aeroliths in #7, trapping them in human form so he can siphon off their energy.
- Captain Neal Shaw has been suspended in time but conscious.
- Bag of Kidnapping: The Voraxx use this on Jamie.
- Big Bad: Adam Mitchell
- Bigger Bad: The Master is manipulating Adam into destroying the entire universe, purely so that he can have some peace from the Doctor.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ten Doctors showing up to help Eleven defeat Adam and the Master.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The Brigadier in #3.
- The Brigadier: It wouldn't be an anniversary special without the Brig, would it?
- The Bus Came Back: Grace Holloway and Adam Mitchell return.
- Canon Immigrant: Frobisher, a shape-shifting companion of the Sixth Doctor, appears alongside new series Doctors.
- Continuity Cavalcade: At the beginning pictures of every Doctor and loads of companions are seen. At the end, they are all present to take down the Master's army of Autons.
- Continuity Porn: Within the story there are actual appearances from all 11 Doctors, their TV companions and Frobisher. Also has appearances from a variety of villains and aliens.
- A panel in #2 has a crowd containing a Voord, Raxacoricofallapatorians, and a Sontaran.
- When Adam is researching the Doctor the statue of the Tenth Doctor and Donna as Household Gods from The Fires of Pompeii is shown.
- Death Equals Redemption: After Adam gives his life to save the Doctor's incarnations and their companions, they bury him and erect a memorial gravestone in the shape of the TARDIS that reads: "Adam Mitchell: A Companion True".
- Dressing as the Enemy: Frobisher disguises himself as an Auton to defeat Adam.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Adam is fine getting revenge on the Doctor and his companions but is horrified to learn the Master plans to destroy the Universe.
- Evil Former Friend: Adam, even if he wasn't much of a friend he was still a companion.
- Expo Speak: Begins with Adam explaining the basic premise of Doctor Who.
- The Great Flood: The plan of the villains in #3.
- Gambit Speed Chess: The last chapter, as the Master has to change his plan several times to adapt to the Doctor's tricks.
- Go Out with a Smile: Adam, after the Doctor tells him he could have been a companion.
- Heel-Face Turn: Adam Mitchell, A Companion True. Never before have five words been so important for the Doctor.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Adam sacrifices his life to save the Doctor.
- Hijacked by Ganon: The Master hijacks the plot near the end.
- Historical-Domain Character: The First Doctor brings his companions to meet Thomas Huxley.
- Human Resources: What the Overseers do to the Ascended in #8.
- In the Hood: Adam wears one to hide his identity from the Doctor.
- Just One Second Out of Sync: Adam hides between time periods in an attempt to escape from the Doctor.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The villain uses memory distortion to make the Doctors forget him kidnapping their companions. However by the time he gets to the 5th Doctor he is remembered.
- Mythology Gag: In one panel in #2, a Fishman from Kandalinga, an Atlantean, two Korad and a Mechanistrian are all seen shopping. All were introduced in the Doctor Who Annual 1966.
- The Tenth Doctor appears to Frobisher in the same way Frobisher first appeared to him, through the top of the TARDIS console.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The Ninth Doctor throwing Adam out of the TARDIS with the info-spike left in him forces Adam to hide away for fear of discovery, leading to him becoming desperate for revenge on the Doctor.
- No Equal Opportunity Time Travel: Martha's race is brought up again. Seems to be a theme for her.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The Master is going to wreck time and space and rewrite it.
- Police Brutality: The Judoon in #4.
- Rightful King Returns: What the 11th Doctor and Clara have just enabled with Fragalog for the Frogmen at the beginning of #11.
- Redemption Equals Death: Adam sacrifices himself to stop the Master destroying the Universe.
- Ret Gone: The Master plans to do this to the Doctors and much of the Universe.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Voraxx, who reassemble crocodiles.
- Sadistic Choice: Adam threatens to kill all the companions, telling the Eleventh Doctor he can only save one.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: The Ninth Doctor tries this on Adam. It doesn't work.
- Slave Liberation: The plot of #2.
- Subliminal Seduction: The Dominators plan to do this using a film in #10.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Adam gets one when he reveals his identity to the Ninth Doctor.
- Trojan Prisoner: Frobisher shape shifts into Peri and is taken by Adam. However he is able to free himself and helps defeat Adam.
- Villain Exit Stage Left: The Master when Adam has foiled his plan.
- Villain Team-Up: Adam is helping the Animus and the Master.
- The Master is using the Autons. Later he and Adam use them.
- We Need a Distraction: Leela and K9 perform one to the Judoon in #4 while the 4th Doctor tries to find the crystal.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The Master attempts this on Adam in #12.