What are the most important days of your life?
Daytripper is an Eisner Award winning ten-issue miniseries written by Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba, with art by Fabio Moon, published by Vertigo Comics
Bras de Oliva Domingos is the miracle child of a world-famous Brazilian writer and spends his days penning other people's obituaries and his nights dreaming of becoming a successful author. Over the course of the series, Bras grows up, finds his voice as a writer, and reaches significant milestones in his life, and dies in almost every issue
. The series is ultimately about love, loss, and the importance of making every moment in life count.
The series contains examples of:
- Anachronic Order
- Birth-Death Juxtaposition: Benedito dies as Bras' son, Miguel, is born in Chapter 4
- Death Is Cheap / They Killed Kenny: Kind of. Each issue ends with the Bras' death though they seem to be symbolic - as he reaches a new milestone in his life, his old self "dies"
- Dream Sequence: Chapter 9, titled "Dream," probably is one. Alternately, it could be symbolic for Bras passing into the afterlife
- Go Mad from the Isolation: Jorge
- Happy Ending: Bras has several masses on his brain and will die as a result, but accepts his impending death as he's lived a very full and very rewarding life. It's very heartwarming in context
- In-Series Nickname: Bras is called "Little Miracle" by his mother
- Killed Off for Real: Benedito, Bras' father, dies in Chapter 4
- Love at First Sight
- Like Father, Like Son: Bras follows his father's footsteps into becoming a writer, and like him, becomes very successful.
- Meet Cute: With Ana in Chapter 3. They meet at a grocery
- Mind Screw: Bras dies in every issue. It's difficult to reconcile all of the events of the series if every death is to be taken literally.
- Most Writers Are Writers
- Posthumous Character: Benedito gets developed further after he dies
- Slice of Life