Comic Book: Blood Red Dragon
Blood Red Dragon is a 2011 Comic Book venture between Stan Lee, Yoshiki Hayashi, Jonathan Goff, and Todd McFarlane. It's either a promotional piece or vanity comic for Yoshiki Hayashi and X Japan, or, if you choose a more idealistic view, a Life Embellished Author Avatar comic that just happens to feature Yoshiki as the main character and was promised to feature others at some point but never did. The series lasted for 3 issues (August-October, 2011).
Blood Red Dragon provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: Explained in the introductory paragraph of this article. The central superhero *is* a Life Embellished Author Avatar version of Yoshiki Hayashi.
- Band Toon: The comic book version, and worse, there are rumors it may become a movie. You may Face Palm now.
- Dragons Up the Yin Yang: Literally, if you look at the cover image a certain way.
- Groupie Brigade: Two of them. There's the fan club and the shrine maidens.
- Instant Fan Club: One of the Groupie Brigade.
- Lightning Can Do Anything / Harmless Electrocution: How comic!Yoshiki gets his dragon powers.
- Life Embellished: VERY much so.
- The Masquerade Will Kill Your Dating Life: Averted to the degree of implied Lemon Stu, with the two groupie brigades above...
- The Power of Rock: How comic!Yoshiki fights.
- Self-Insert Fic
- Shrine Maiden: The other of the Groupie Brigade available!
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "This is not just a vanity project."