Comic Book: Bad Kids Go To Hell
Bad Kids Go To Hell was a 2009 four-issue horror comic mini-series from Antarctic Press, written by Matthew Spradlin and Barry Wernick, with artwork by Anthony Vargas. It's a horror story described as "The Breakfast Club meets The Grudge". The story is set at Crestview Academy, a prep school for the town's social elite (i.e., rich kids). Six of the kids are given detention for varying reasons and forced to come to school that following Saturday to serve it. When the pipes burst in the classroom, they're moved into the recently built library of the school. As they talk, the conversation moves into the history of the land the school is built on, which is supposedly haunted. Bored and having nothing else to do, the group decide to hold a seance to call upon the spirits...and it pretty much goes downhill from there.Gained a low budget Live-Action Adaptation Film in 2012 that, ironically enough, starred Judd Nelson and now has a sequel which itself got a movie sequel starring Drake Bell.
- Cosmic Plaything: Matt Clark; it's even lampshaded.
- Contrived Coincidence/Disproportionate Retribution: Pretty much anything that happens to Matt during his flashbacks of his encounters with the others in detention.
- Downer Ending: Matt is set up to be framed for killing the detention kids, but the vengeful spirits finally act and take out the planner of the scheme. Unfortunately, the cops burst in with Matt, the sole survivor, standing there with axe in hand. He tries to tell them what really happened but is hauled off to the loony bin.
- Driven to Suicide: Tricia when the supposed supernatural elements get to her and she kills herself with a nail gun.
- Jerkass: Pretty much every character save for Matt, who's mostly rough around the edges.
- Scooby-Doo Hoax: One that actually works, but greed and real supernatural elements prevent the bad guys from getting away.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Shout-Out: To bands Black Sabbath and Wasp.