The Amazing Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizzaboy! (from the Portuguese As Incríveis Aventuras de Dog Mendonça e Pizzaboy!) is a graphic novel of 120 pages, published by Edições Tinta-da-China. The big project mentor, creator of the original idea, is the musician, writer and director Filipe Melo. Bringing together a team of young talents — Juan Cavia (design), Santiago Villa (color) and Martin Tejada (adaptation) — Melo caused the story to take shape and become real.A young distributor of pizza, a middle-aged P.I. of the supernatural, a demon of 6,000 years and a gargoyle head are the only ones capable of confronting the evil forces that threaten humanity. They will be responsible for a crazy trip that will cross the limits of imagination.Dark Horse Presents has some issues that work as a Prequel to the story. Also it seems it's going to be distributed for Dark Horse.The Character Sheet is in Construction.
This book provides examples of:
- Ass Kicking Pose: So much that they take their disguising clothes away.
- Inspector Lestrade: It's not that he is incompententant it's just out of his reach.
- Male Gaze: There's a lot of ass shots of the Succubus Barmaids.
- Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie: Mutant Zombie Nazi, in this case.
- Shout-Out: A poster of the movie The Thing from John Carpenter and that marshmallow creature from Ghostbusters
- As well as direct references to World of Warcraft and Spider-Man.