Close Call Haircut: Comics
- British children's comic The Dandy features one issue in which giant cowboy Desperate Dan has to get ready for a date. First he shaves, by dangling over a volcano to burn off the stubble. Then he gets a haircut by finding an Indian with a sharp-looking tomahawk, punching him in the face, and ducking at just the right moment...
- Storm had this happen to her once, during a duel with Marrow. It led to a second dramatic hairstyle change from long and flowing to short and practical (and this one was much more stylish than her original Mohawk), though her character didn't change quite as much this time.
- Usagi Yojimbo: While fighting Noriko, her half-sister, Tomoe gets a chunk of her hair sliced off as she ducks under a sword swing. Tomoe says nothing, but Noriko remarks "Bah! Your hair was too long, anyway."
- While he doesn't make a big deal of it, Katsuichi-sensei loses a chunk of hair during his duel with Koji.
- Nightwing's first issue includes him getting a close call haircut. Justified due to him sporting a very long ponytail (it was the 90s).