Characters: Yu Gi Oh Duel Academy Second Year
This is the character sheet for the Yu-Gi-Oh!
Duel Academy: Second Year play-by-post RPG.
open/close all folders
Cyrus Alucard Cain
Cyrus the Eyeless
Cyrus started as a 4th-year Obelisk Blue who owned a large part of the island and was determined to make his last year memorable, starting it off by skydiving down onto the boat
. Y'know, the kid that's blind!
In the second RP, he's now the headmaster, and much more sober.
Adoptively Cyrus's brother, River was a 4th Year Ra who was almost as crazy as Cyrus. Unfortunately, his attempt to cheer Angie up caused Mind Rape
in the form of Eraser showing up, and it just went downhill from there. When the Cult finally showed up, he stormed the ship alone and was caught. In actuality, he joined the Cult and set his plan in motion to save everybody on the island at the cost of his life.
Kira and Raito-chan
Till death do us part
Kira and Rai are split personalities that inhabit a 14-year-old body. They were legally Cyrus's brother, as River was, but they were adopted by him after he was disowned
The Straightforward Dueling Girl
A girl who started out in Ra Yellow, but was demoted shortly after the start of the roleplay due to invalidating the no-unauthorised-uses insurance bonus. Currently Anna O'Grady's roommate. She made it to Duel Academy with the Dark Red Enchanter, her Duel Spirit, but has recently reworked her deck for the tournament. Currently kinda dead.Roleplayed by: Iniquitus The Third
- Aerith and Bob
- All There in the Manual: Check the signup thread for details.
- Angrish: Quite apart from the whole 'losing the ability to speak' deal, her sanity rapidly erodes after seeing a (fake) Anna decapitated.
Tsuki: ''Kill you... End you...'
- Awesomeness by Analysis: What she wouldn't give to be this...
- Although Angela seems to believe she's got the makings.
- Badass Normal: Of a sort. Her efforts did lead to Anna surviving against Raviel and being the only one of the five where the good guys made a net gain in situation (Tsuki for Raviel), though she did have to give her life to achieve that.
- Break the Haughty
- Bifauxnen: Enough to be mistaken for a guy at least twice when dressing up for a dinner date with Anna. note
- Can't Catch Up: Discussed.
Tsuki: "Why am I the only halfway-stupid person here? There's a crazy-skilled Yellow, his crazy-crazy rival, a crazy-lucky Red, and a crazy-smart fourteen-year-old teacher! I'm just a girl, for goodness' sakes! How am I meant to compete?"
- Dark and Troubled Past: One of the few people in the Yu-Gi-Oh!-verse to avert this.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Just like every other character who isn't ab/using a Light deck, this applies.
- Except her new trump card just gave her hallucinations and manipulated her into nearly killing her best friend. Surprise!
- Dark Magical Girl: And now she's even getting the powers! With a little outside help, of course...
- Diabolus Ex Machina: Raviel's about to be eliminated by Laevateinn's effect a la Dreadroot, Tsuki's back in control if a little worse for the wear, it's starting to look like there might be a happy end— whoops, there goes half of the female cast.
- Disney Death: Averted. She gets stabbed in the upper torso by a massive sword and graphically bleeds out on-page.
- Expy: Of Setsuna, but only in appearance.
- Heroic BSOD: She did not take being busted down to Red in her stride.
- And happens again, in a mixture of despair and self-hatred, when she runs from the scythe-wielding crocodilian Tyrant Neptune, then beats herself up for doing the sane thing and trying to get to safety without trying to evacuate the entire building.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Although one might argue that Raviel did force it to some extent.
- Hoisted By Her Own Petard: Tried to defeat Raviel by baiting him into destroying a monster, then using Nordic Relic Laevateinn. It... didn't work.
- I Just Want to Be Special
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Innocent Innuendo
Tsuki: "I can take you two guys any which way you want!"
- Idiot Ball
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: And she reappears, surprisingly. Then she gets killed.
- Large Ham: Has an almost Anime-level habit of calling out (and inventing) names for her monsters' attacks and abilities.
- Nausea Fuel: In-universe, the nastier Duel Spirits being near her.
- Precision F-Strike
- Properly Paranoid: Temporarily, during the Battle Royale duel.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: With Johnny. Might get a bit harder to explain away once their little kiss on the last night on the island becomes widely known.
- Ship Tease: Remind us why you licked her forehead when becoming more friendly with her again, Jerry?
- The Voiceless: Loses her speech functions as a cost for accepting Raviel's patronage.
- Tsundere: Shifts from 'haughty-and-arrogant-tsun' to 'friendly-and-regretful-dere' as time passes. A more subdued version of this trope than in other cases.
- Unwanted Harem: More so than any other character, at least.
- Jerry and Johnny have acknowledged some form of attraction to her (though it may be more along the lines of respect for Jerry), and Michael — as per his usual attitude — was definitely flirting slightly with her near the start. And we haven't even gotten started on the whole deal with Anna...
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: In her defense, Sean's player actually asked for it to be changed so he gets hit.
Bookworm Warrior Duellist
A Ra Yellow Duellist from a distant foreign land. His duel spirit is Gearfried the Iron Knight. He is short and thin. His hair is brown, and he wears rectangular spectacles. His duelling disk is remarkably similar to Gearfried's sword.Roleplayed by: desdendelle
Class is in session!
A professor at the academy, head of the Slifer Red dorms along with Angela Rath.
- Action Survivor
- Badass Bookworm: Typically averted. Although it's been implied that he can handle himself in combat, most of his (rare) attempts at heroism have ended badly.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: More destructive urges aside, Barnaby's time with Dreadroot was closer to living with an annoying roommate than anything.
- Informed Ability: He's supposedly quite good with a gun. As it happens, firearms aren't terribly useful against malevolent spirits.
- Meaningful Name: It doesn't come up much, but Barnaby's middle name is Roy, after Roy Khan from Kamelot.
- Plot Tumor: The bulk of his existence, particularly in the first RP, where an entire city's worth of supporting characters showed up just to help flesh out his character.
Sleeping in class again, Scott?
The Ra Yellow student who's supposedly the next best duelist since River Finn. He's also narcoleptic, really short, with blue hair and tan skin. Also, he runs a dragon synchro deck.Roleplayed by Kuiper
- Ambiguously Brown: Scott's naturally tan. With naturally blue hair. This is probably anyone's best guess.
- Bi the Way: Pretty much. However, this isn't mentioned until the second RP, when thinking about Rai. In the first, his crush on Blair was obvious.
- Berserk Button : It's quitting or giving up, in case you haven't noticed.
- Two people have prompted it to be pushed; once, he threatened Professor Loatheless for even considering giving up(along with River), and more recently, Jerry actually accused him of not fighting back when things get rough. It prompted him to accept the shadow game.
- Determinator: In the first RP, by sheer determination, he broke a curse Skye was transferring over to him, after having sustained massive damage from SWORD.
- Informed Ability: An odd case. In the first RP, Scott was reasonably good, though lost a plot-important duel. In the second, he's lost both his duels so far.
- Only Sane Man: Feels like it sometimes. He may be right, too...
- Real Dreams Are Weirder: Averted, or at least implied to be. Occording to him, his dreams are quite weird. He just points it out more often 'cause he's asleep more often.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: To Jerry's red oni. He has tendencies to distract himself from his emotions, is rather calm, and tends to go with the flow.
- Sleepy Head: Scott's personal problem.
- Talking in Your Dreams: To his duel spirit, Stardust Dragon.
- Talking in Your Sleep: Done a few times, usually to the confusion of whoever's
carrying him around him at the time.
- The Napoleon: Averted. Scott's shorter than most, if not all, the main cast, but he's perhaps the gentlest.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Played totally straight.
- White and Gray Morality: Scott's world view.
The self-proclaimed greatest duelist on the island
A student who insists he's only in Slifer Red because the entrance exams don't give points for style, until he revealed that he intentionally slacked off during them. His duel spirit is Giant Germ. He is rather average height and weight-wise. He keeps his brown hair tied back in a ponytail, and he wears contact lenses.Roleplayed by: tachikaze
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Dark Is Not Evil: His deck is full of DARK attribute fiend monsters but he tends to be a fairly nice guy.
- Handsome Lech
- Large Ham: He has his moments.
- Underdogs Never Lose: Invoked and discussed. He slacked off during the entrance exams because he thinks a Slifer Red student winning against the Blues is seem as more impressive than a Yellow doing the same, and he conversed with Tsuki about how the Slifers seem to have ridiculous luck.
The Brutal Blue
The only Obelisk Blue PC in the RP thus far. Firmly believes himself and his Blue dormmates to be superior to all others on the island, except teachers. Blond-haired, blue-eyed with a slightly broken nose from an old school scrap.Roleplayed by: EviIPaladin
Jerk With A Heart Of Crazy
Giery is a jerk
, plain and simple. His whole M.O. seems to be to battle Sean over who can kick more baby puppies the furthest
. Recently, he was the only PC (though he is a PC no longer) to not make it to the Top 8 in the tournament, leading him to taunt Tsuki into losing before being bodily removed by Armstrong.
- A God Am I: Declared he would be worshipped as a god after he stole Dead!River's cards.
- He did it again in his Shadow Duel with Johnny.
- Stupid Evil: So you're hanging by your neck after you attacked a teacher that revealed s/he could easily kill you, and what do you do? Giery thinks that the answer is to yell at him/her to do his/her worst. Plot Armor as a PC was all that protected him from a quick Neck Snap.
- Hypo Crite: After he looked through Dead!River's deck, he declared that LIGHT monsters were wimpy. Giery (at the time) was using what amounted to a LIGHT Fairy deck.
- Jerk Ass: Definately.
The Wild Man of Slifer Red
Scott's self-appointed rival, Jerry Parker is his opposite in many ways; tall, fierce, and energetic, with pale skin and blood-red hair, Jerry has made it his mission to claw his way to the top of Duel Academy's food chain. To that end, he's eager to take on everyone, but he's had his eyes set on taking Scott down since he first saw him. Jerry's Duel Spirit is Jurrac Titano, a towering dinosaur with a gruff attitude and a sharp wit, but a good heart under it all.Roleplayed by: Scrounge
- Animal Motifs: Jerry has something of a dinosaur theme going on.
- Anti-Hero: Definitely not as nice as Scott
- Beast Man: With his reptillian eyes, sharp teeth, and animalistic behavior, Jerry can be seen as this.
- Bishōnen: despite his more animalistic features, Jerry is tall, trim, and fair-skinned, would be able to pass for a typical pretty-boy if he could bother to act like a civilized person.
- Bond Creature: Jurrac Titano. Of all the duelists on the island, Jerry may be the most connected to his Duel Spirit... For good or for ill.
- Calling Your Attacks: Well, those of his monsters. He's yet to get into a fistfight.
- Celibate Hero: Deconstructed, he's obviously got feelings that he's trying to repress.
- Determinator: He and Scott have this in common... Jerry has gone up a mountain on a motorcycle after receiving a chest wound. Before getting any medical attention. This bites him in the ass later on, as he nearly kills himself dueling Scott after those same wounds reopen, and refuses to concede until Titano convinces him to, even though he can't stand by that point.
- Friendless Background: Jerry was ostracized by his small-town peers as a freak.
- Fiery Redhead
- Foil: To Scott
- Informed Loner
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: For someone who doesn't want any friends and sees everyone as a possible enemy, he's actually a fairly decent guy.
- Kick the Dog: Can be pretty verbally abusive towards Scott at times.
- Large Ham: Shouts a lot, gives big speeches on the law of the jungle, tears his shirt off in front of an arena full of people so they can see him bleed? Yep, a mammoth-sized ham.
- Loners Are Freaks: Literally, in this case.
- Nice Hat
- Punny Name: In case it's not obvious, he's named after Jurassic Park.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Very red, with his rival serving as the Blue Oni.
- Ship Tease: Despite his insistence that he's not interested in anyone in that way.
- Smarter Than You Look: Jerry can be surprisingly cunning.
- That Came Out Wrong: Jerry has a problem with Accidental Innuendo.
- Theme Deck: Jerry runs dinosaurs, especially the Jurrac archetype.
- The Rival: To Scott.
- Worthy Opponent: Sees Scott (and a few others) as this.
- ...But is starting grow disillusioned with Scott due to their differing worldviews.
The Reckless Inferno of Red
Johnny is a 2nd-year and NPC. First appearing in the Red's Girls' Dorm (helping girls unpack, of course), Johnny is something of a gentleman to teachers and girls. He's also very well-connected on the island, as far as owed favors and such, and part of a group of Slifer Reds that help each other advance by pooling their resources before each exam. According to him (and shown by his duel with Sean), he is a very good Duelist, but his deck cannot stand up to the requirments that exam duels force upon him, and nobody will duel him anymore because he defeats them; no duels, no DP, no new cards, and he can't fix his deck for exams. His deck is a FIRE-themed deck with many Trap Monsters, and he hails from Detroit- in this universe, an arsonist-filled hellhole.
He also seems to have a darker side to him. He provides the Hand Wave
for Ryoga's leaving the plot by having a friend plant marijuana in Ryoga's room to get him kicked off the island, and obtained cards from a shipment which he passed to Tsuki and Sean. His main interactions in the RP so far have been with Tsuki, as well.Currently blinded by Uria and in the Arctic Circle with Giery.
The Golden-Hearted Girl With A Mafia Connection
A cheery, emotionally connected girl, and Slifer Red student. Tsuki's roommate, and the little sister of Blake
from the last RP. Her unique gift is the ability to feel what others are feeling, to an extent. Always there with a smile and a positive comment, she's one of the happier characters in the roleplay.(Formerly) Roleplayed by darksidevoid. Currently automated by Sarcastically Insane
Your connection to the Pro League
Milton is Scott's cousin, and a duelist in the Pro League. According to him, he's one of the lesser-known duelists that have a very hard time because they don't have as many connections or fame. He was the one who got Scott into dueling, though he didn't know that until recently.
Currently, he's managed to give Jerry, Ryu, and Sean an opportunity to get into the Pro Leagues by pulling in connections.
Various Duel Spirits also play a part in the RP. Most characters have a personal Spirit as of the 2nd RP, though only Barnaby, Angela, and Cyrus had one in the first RP thanks to the curse- and even then, only because their Spirits were varying degrees of evil.
The Wickeds are The Wicked Avatar, The Wicked Eraser, and The Wicked Deadroot. Respectively, their cards are owned by Cyrus, Angie, and Barnaby. Each represents a different facet of evil; insanity, pain, and destruction.
The Wicked Avatar
Usually shortened to just 'Avatar', its visual form is a formless black mass that can change into various things.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of insanity.
- Bored With Insanity: Avatar is the second oldest existence in the universe, after The Winged Dragon of Ra itself. He's been dealing with the end of the world enough, and really doesn't care all that much anymore, especially since Cyrus is so entertaining. It also helps that there's enough crazy on and around the island for him to stay relatively strong.
- Eldritch Abomination: Though not an antagonistic one.
The Wicked Eraser
Usually shortened to 'Eraser', 'dick', or unintelligible whimpers, Eraser resembles a corrupted Slifer- mainly because he is. Currently sealed deep underground, far away enough from other people to prevent a sudden plot derailment.
The Wicked Deadroot
Usually shortened to "Deadroot", "Dreadroot"
, or "Bob", Deadroot is a corrupted version of Obelisk.
- Genre Savvy: He's been around a while, and realized that love is a powerful force, and tried to comprehend it. He failed and resorted to his favorite pastime; blowing stuff up.
Other spirits on the island may or may not eventually get categorized more specifically in the time coming.
Hamon, the Lord of Striking Thunder
As of this edit, revealed to be the Spirit sitting in Sean's head. Borderline crazy, and tAlKs LiKe ThIs.
Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
A spirit that made a deal with Johnny's subconsious in order to un-seal itself. Has been described as Eraser Up to Eleven
but without the success.
Scott's enigmatic, and mostly quiet, duel spirit. He hasn't been a big impact on the current story, but has affected Scott's previous life, at least in so far as Scott thinks he has.
The Tyrant Neptune
The Splendid Venus
Gearfried the Iron Knight
Ryu's duel spirit; been with him since before he went to the Academy. Has a tendency to make annoying comments.
Jerry's Duel Spirit, the two have been inseparable since they met.
Dark Red Enchanter
Tsuki's ex-Duel Spirit. Apparently, he only recently became aware that Tsuki could hear him, and vice versa. Has since been ditched after Tsuki switches up her deck.
Neo-Parshath, the Sky Paladin
Giery's ex-Duel Spirit. Responsible for the massive wound in Jerry's stomach and no small amount of headache for Rai while Giery still had him. Powerful enough to at least change a Duel into a partial version of a Shadow Game, and kind of a dick.