Characters: Young Dracula
Actor: Gerran Howell
The main character of Young Dracula, Vlad is the son and heir of Count Dracula, as well as being the Chosen One
. Unfortunately for his father, all Vlad wants to be is a normal human boy. Vlad's desires result in a rejection of vampiric ways and the befriending of "breathers", particularly Robin and Erin. Despite this, Vlad cares greatly for his family and, as the series progresses, becomes more confident in his role
- Actual Pacifist: At least at the start of the show.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Vlad fits the trope for Ingrid.
- Anti Anti Christ: The vampires' long awaited Chosen One.
- Badass Cape: Usually when he is around other vampires or when he is going to use his vampire powers.
- Berserk Button: Want to have the Chosen One hunting you down? Threaten his family or friends.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Vlad is normally the nicest vampire when it come to breathers. Then the slayers use Ingrid as bait, nearly killing her several times. The result left a pair of hard-core slayers speechless and terrified.
- Beware the Honest Ones: None of the vampires seem to get Vlad, culminating in Dracula's "over my dead body" when Vlad declares he's going to get Ingrid. Interestingly, the slayers predicted he would, meaning that humans understand Vlad better than his own kind.
- The Chosen One: In Season 2.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Evil Costume Switch: An interesting example in episode 3x01 has Vlad change from his school uniform into a black leather jumpsuit and black cape to go rescue Ingrid from the slayers. He's not actually turning evil but he is embracing the vampire side of himself.
- The Fettered
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: What Vlad wants his family to be.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Horrible Judge of Character: At least, when it came to Boris post-transformation. Possibly more a Willing Suspension of Disbelief on Vlad's part.
- Many of the other characters think that Vlad is this, as he often trusts those who would kill him, like Ingrid or the Van Helsings.
- I Hate You Vampire Parents: Vlad has touches of this at times. Far worse with Magda than with the Count.
- I Just Want to Be Normal
- Only Sane Man: When compared with other vampires, at least.
- Reluctant Warrior
- This Is Your Brain on Evil: Episode 3x08. Mere words cannot describe the awesomeness.
- Took a Level in Badass: Between Seasons 2 and 3, and again during 3x09.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: At the beginning of series 3 lot of fans think Gerran Howell at gone quite hot.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Can sometimes act like this due to his father's disappointment at him not wanting to be a vampire.
- White Sheep
Actor: Keith-Lee Castle.
The father of Vlad and Ingrid, Count Dracula adores being a Vampire and cannot understand Vlad's lack of enthusiasm. While the Count claims to be "the Prince of Darkness", he often shows compassion and frequently ignores Vampire convention, such as assosiating with humans. The Count desires to make Vlad into his true heir, and is frequently dissapointed with his son's desire to be normal. He ignores Ingrid because she's a girl.
Actress: Clare Thomas
"You're a heartless, spiteful, self-centred bully... and so am I but you just can't see it!"
Vlad's attractive older sister
. One of the most self-assured and cruel characters, Ingrid embraces her Vampiric side, desiring to be Vampire queen
. Despite this, the Count belittles her, preferring to spend time training Vlad. This causes Ingrid to become both angry and bitter towards her father and brother, resulting in several murder attempts
Supporting Characters Pre Time-Skip
Due to the uncancellation of the show and the the creators being forced to continue the story as the actor have grown up most characters have been Put on a Bus
Voice Actor: Andy Bradshaw, Animatronics: Colin Newman, Puppeteer: Garry Rutter
- Bad Ass Bookworm: Probably the smartest person in the castle, as shown when he helps Vlad revise for his Vampire tests (he even has a pair of reading glasses!), and as for the Bad Ass part? Well he is a hellhound owned by Count Dracula...
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: disappears sometime into season 3.
- Deadpan Snarker
Vlad: I hate being a vampire! It really sucks!
Zoltan: Isn't that rather the point?
- Shout-Out: Named after the B-Movie 'Zoltan: Hound of Dracula'
- Team Pet: Often called a 'stuffed dog' by Ingrid and The Count (on account of having the appearance of a roll-along toy), much to his and Vlad's distaste...
Actor: Craig Roberts
Actress: Lucy Borja-Edwards
Eric Van Helsing
Actor: Terence Maynard
"Sure as boyscouts sing 'round camp fires, this whole school is full of vampires. Drinking blood, causing pain, and I won't rest 'til they are slain."
Eric Van Helsing is an ineffectual, yet extreemly dedicated, slayer. Van Helsing's cover identity is as a woodwork teacher at Stokely Grammar, where he initially believes Robin to be a vampire, but soon decides to focus on Vlad. This results in many failed attempts to slay the Draculas. It is revealed that his obsession caused his marrage with Mina to break up before the series started. Van Helsing desperately wants his son, Jonno, to follow in his path as a slayer, despite Jonno's initial resistance to the idea. Van Helsing is mind-wiped at the end of Series 2, and in Series 3, it's revealed that he was killed by vampires
- Abusive Parents: Van Hellsing is arguably worse than the Count. It is clear in season one that Johnno doesn't want to be a slayer but he just keeps forcing him into it and trying to make him feel like he is nothing if he doesn't become a slayer.
- Badass Longcoat: Not that he's exceptionally badass, but Eric Van Helsing does look quite impressive in his.
- Bumbling Dad: What Jonno sees him as in Series 1.
- Bus Crash: And it was Vlad's fault.
- Butt Monkey
- The Hunter
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: He never slays a vampire and his plans irritate the Draculas more than anything else. He does eventually slay a vampire, but then forgets about it due to Vlad's mind-wipe.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Vlad makes him forget about vampires at the end of Series 2.
- Vampire Hunter
Actor: Harry Ferrier
Supporting Characters Post Time-Skip
Characters who appear here are major characters who have made an appearance since the time skip.
Actor: Simon Ludders
Jonno Van Helsing
Actor: Terry Haywood
Actress: Sydney Rae White
Magda Carmilla Elizabeta Bathoria Westenra
Actress: Donna Grant
Magda is the ex-wife of Count Dracula (though she claims the two never married), and the mother of Vlad and Ingrid. Before the series started she ran off with a werewolf
named Patrick, with whom, in Series 3, it is revealed she had a son, Wolfie. Magda returns back to her vampire family occasionally, solely to manipulate them into giving her something she wants.
- Abusive Parents: Has been leaving the family since Vlad and Ingrid were both really young. Shows up only to utterly manipulate them all. Arguably gets on better with Ingrid, but that doesn't really mean much.
- The Caligula: Sort of in her Series 3 appearance.
- Femme Fatale: Uses this to manipulate The Count as she pleases.
- I Hate You Vampire Children: She really seems to resent having to play Mother.
- Missing Mom: Shows up twice a season. Implied in the first series to only be keeping in contact with Ingrid.
- Overly Long Name
- Parent Service: Actress Donna Grant is gorgeous and Magda can be described as being 'for the Dads'.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: Magda really plays to this more so than any other adult vampire the show has.
Actor: Lorenzo Rodriguez
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Averted. Wolfie seems to get along fine with his older half-siblings, preferring to annoy Renfield.
- Morality Pet: To the Count. Somewhat tempered by the fact that he views him as an actual pet.
Bertrand du Fortunesa
Actor: Cesare Taurasi
Actor: Tom Gibbons
Erin's Half Fang brother who was turned vampire by Ingrid during her attack on Stokley
Actor: Robbie Gee
A powerful vampire who sits on the Vampire Council, he plots to stop Vlad's attempts to make a peace between vampires and slayers.
Actor: Richard Southgate
A dangerous young street vampire who leads a gang of 'ferals', and another major threat to Vlad's attempted peace. He is working with a mysterious shapeshifter.
Mina Van Helsing
Actress: Jo-Anne Knowles
Miss Alexandra McCauley
Actress: Letty Butler
Actress: Natasha Stokes
Ramanga's beloved daughter, who becomes Vlad's fiancee as part of an attempt to gain the powers of the Chosen One.
Released from the Praedictum Impaver, claiming the be the chosen one with sole purpose is to lead vampires against humans. And then when there is no food left let all vampire fight out each other in anarchy.
Shapeshifter / Elizabeta Dracula
Mysterious Shapeshifter who appears to Malik to try and overtake the Dracula Throne. Revealed to be not only Malik's mother but also the count's lover who he abandoned and the murderer of the count's second brother.
Actor: Aneirin Hughes
Actress: Beth Robert
Ian and Paul Branagh
Actors: Ben McGregor (Ian), Luke Bridgeman (Paul)
Actor: Philip Brodie
Actor: Ciaran Joyce
Actress: Maddie Rakic-Platt
Crone and Atilla Westenra
Actors: Howell Evans (Crone), Rosamund Shelly (Atilla)