A team of cyborgs employed by the military and science company MBORF. The main characters of the series.
Tropes that apply to the team as a whole
- Comm Links: They all appear to have one built into their bodies, allowing them to communicate with each other at any given time.
- Cyanide Pill: The Loner/Longinus knives, which each of the Cyborgs are designed to stab themselves with if they're ever damaged beyond repair, engulfing them and the surrounding area in an explosion.
- Cyborg: All of the members except for Kary, who is a robot.
- Powered Armor: Omega and Xero are both equipped with electrically operated armor
OmegaThe Leader of Bolverk Squad who mainly uses guns.
- Bash Brothers: With Xero, starting from Xionic Madness 3.
- Cool Gun: His entire arsenal, pretty much. Of special note are the Ballistica, twin handguns that fire three bullets at a time and the Grudge, a sniper rifle that fires bullets capable of ricocheting off of thin air.
- Cool Helmet: Omega wears a helmet based off a Templar Knight's helmet in the first three episodes.
- Cool Mask: Gains one after equipping his Cervical Armor.
- Gatling Good: Attempts to defeat XV by pumping him with as many bullets as he can.
- Guns Akimbo: Wields both of the Ballisticas at the same time.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Omega ends up letting Xero kill him before XV can fully take over his body.
- The Leader: Of Bolverk Squad. Type II.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The cool blue to Xero's red. Ironically, his main color is red.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on one with Xero after Kary and MBORF betray them.
XeroA former ninja who now works for MBORF and serves in Bolverk Squad. He wields swords and other bladed weapons
- Bash Brothers: With Omega in Xionic Madness 3 and onward.
- Blood Knight: Kills enemy Mooks, even as they're running away from him.
- Blood-Splattered Warrior: By the end of episode three, Xero's cervical armor is splattered with blood
- Cool Sword: His arsenal primarily consists of these. Of particular note is the Red Fang which, according to its description a sword that generates a blade using the user's blood.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Starts off disliking Omega though after being betrayed by their employer and locked up, escaping and fighting through an entire army of soldiers, as well as their own robot doubles, he and Omega bond.
- The Lancer: More hot-blooded with Omega and actively feuds with him.
- Mean Brit: The only British member of the team and by far the biggest asshole.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: Gains one with his Cervical Armor.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Omega's blue. Ironic in that his Powered Armor is blue, though it later becomes red after getting drenched with the blood of his enemies.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on one with Omega after Kary and MBORF betray them.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Xero cusses a lot more often than any other character in the series
- Swords Akimbo: While not exactly swords, Xero can always be seen wielding the Boomknives whenever he has them out.
Kareleinne-08An android created by Askad who uses energy attacks. Using her gloves, she can siphon energy from her victims and use that to power her core.
- Action Girl: The most powerful member of the team, thanks to her energy abilities.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: She chooses to kill herself with the Longinus Knife rather than suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of XV.
- The Big Guy: By far the strongest member of the team.
- The Dragon: She's the Overseer's last line of defense against Omega and Xero, and a key part in his plans.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Askad ponders whether she truthfully obeys the Overseer's orders or does only what she sees fit. Ultimately, when she realizes that the Overseer's goals don't align with hers, she does away with him.
- Goggles Do Nothing: She wears goggles on her forehead, but never puts them on.
- Imagination-Based Superpower: Kary can use the energy she gains from killing people in almost anyway she wants.
- The Starscream: Kary does away with the Overseer after she realizes he doesn't intend to hold up his end of their agreement.
AskadA tech-savvy member of the group who uses explosive weapons
- EMP: Uses one to disable Kary's necrotic shield.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Twice! First he sacrifices himself to take out a group of lifeforms infected with the XV Virus. Then, he comes back as a robot and sacrifices himself to give Omega and Xero time to defeat Kary.
- Posthumous Narration: He narrates the bios in episode 3.
- The Smart Guy: Skilled with computers and armed with explosives.
- Weak, but Skilled: The least strongest member of the group, but skilled with explosives and technology.
A mysterious company that specializes in military and science. They serve as the creators and employers of Bolverk Squad.
Tropes related to the organization as a whole
- All There in the Manual: The organization is only named in the character bios for Xionic Madness 3.
- Nebulous Evil Organization: Not much is revealed about them, and it's never really explained what they do.
- N.G.O. Superpower: They have access to highly advanced technology and enough resources to maintain a small army.
The OverseerThe mysterious leader of MBORF and the one Bolverk Squad answers to.
- Bad Boss: Imprisons Omega and Xero just so he can replace them with robotic duplicates. He later has no problem sending his own soldiers out to die just so he can collect data for said robotic clones.
- Big Bad: Responsible for many of problems in the series, though he doesn't take center stage until Xionic Madness 3. He's also indirectly responsible for Kary going insane.
- The Chessmaster: Askad refers to him as "the one pulls the strings".
- Diabolical Mastermind: Head of Nebulous Evil Organization? Check. Manipulative Bastard? Check. Cool Scar? Check.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar running down the left side of his face.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Had the Overseer not sent Askad on a mission to be killed, then Kary probably wouldn't have gone insane and rebelled against him.
- Non-Action Big Bad: He's never seen doing anything physical himself, and in fact never confronts Omega and Xero face to face in the series.
- Treacherous Questgiver: Sends the squad on a Suicide Mission to BIO INT in the hopes that they'll be killed so he can replace them with the O. and X. Projects.
- Uriah Gambit: Has Bolverk Squad go on a Suicide Mission to BIO INT so he can replace them with mindless robots.
- Walking Spoiler: It's hard to talk about without spoiling the fact that he's the Big Bad.
- Xanatos Gambit: Sends Bolverk Squad on a suicide mission to BIO INT, intending for all of them (except Kary) to be killed. Should they all survive, he would have Kary attack and capture the survivors. Later, when Omega and Xero escape, he sends out his forces to fight Omega and Xero. If the soldiers fail to defeat the two, it's no matter. He'll just download the data collected from the battle into Omega and Xero's robot counterparts and have them take the two cyborgs out.
- You Have Out Lived Your Usefulness: Imprisons Omega and Xero right after they complete their mission. It's implied he would have disposed of Kary-08 too had she not killed him first.
O. Project and X. ProjectTwo autonomous duplicates of Omega and Xero created by the Overseer to replace them in Bolverk Squad.
- Guns Akimbo: Like Omega, the O. Project dual wields the Ballisticas.
- Implacable Man: They shrug off any attack Omega and Xero through at them, forcing the two cyborgs to use their Longinus Knives to defeat them.
- Mirror Match: Both of them are able to match any attack Omega and Xero throw at them
- Psycho Rangers: They're Omega and Xero's robotic counterparts.
- Swords Akimbo: X. Project dual wields the Boomknives, as does Xero.
Omicron SquadA squad of Rank 4 Soldiers Omega previously served in before being converted into a cyborg and made the leader of Bolverk Squad. Omicron Squad is comprised of Specter, Wraith, Daemon and Shade.
- The Atoner: They regret continuing to serve the Overseer after he betrayed Omega, and later make up for it by helping him and Xero in their fight against Kary.
- Heroic Sacrifice: They all sacrifice themselves to destroy the building Omega was holding up.
- The Leader: Specter appeared to have been made leader after Omega was transferred to Bolverk Squad.
- Mook–Face Turn: They all go to assist Omega in his battle with Kary-08 to atone for betraying him.
- The Voiceless: Shade never talks in the series, and his profile mentions he is mute.
MBORF SoldiersMBORF employs a variety of Mooks to carry out missions.
- All There in the Manual: The names of the different soldiers are given away in the character bios for Xionic Madness 3.
- Cannon Fodder: Rank 1 Soldiers are the lowest ranked and specialize in dealing in with minor conflicts like civilian control. This doesn't stop them from being sent out to fight Omega and Xero when they break out.
- Elite Mooks: Rank 3 Soldiers have more equipment and training than Rank 1 and Rank 2 Soldiers. Rank 4 Soldiers also have even more skills and weapons than Rank 3s.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Spartan Soldiers are sword-wielding mooks equipped with invulnerable shields.
- Mecha-Mooks: The Leviathans, Fenixes and K.I.R.B.Y.s are all robots that specialize in combat.
- Shout-Out: One of the Mecha-Mook types is a rotund robot named K.I.R.B.Y.
- Teleportation: Vorpal Soldiers are capable of this.
BIO INTAnother mysterious company and the apparent rival of MBORF.
- Elite Mooks: The BIO INT Special Ops
- The Ghost: Their chief, Charles Smith, is mentioned only once on a computer screen, when Xero accesses his files.
- Mooks: They utilize Security Guards and later Black Ops Commandos.
- Nebulous Evil Organization: Not much is known about them, other than the fact that they're studying XV and that they're an enemy of MBORF.
XVA mysterious alien life form discovered by BIO INT. XV can copy others weapons and abilities, as well as infect other lifeforms with a virus.
- Chekhov's Gun: Its virus infects Omega later in the series.
- Eldritch Abomination: It's an extra-terrestrial life form that's virtually invincible and capable of copying others' abilities.
EnidAn apprentice taken by Xero at some point after his and Omega's battle with Kary-08.
- Sole Survivor: She's the last surviving character by the end of Xionic Madness 4.