Characters: Winters In Lavelle
Winters in Lavelle is a modern fantasy webcomic written by Kasey. The story revolves around two young siblings, Kari and Aiden, who discover that the crystal sphere above their fireplace can transport them into a magical world. After much meddling, the family heirloom leaves them stranded in a forest. As they search for a way home, they gain strange powers, meet new people and find out more about themselves and their family. Wikihere.
open/close all folders
Age: 14Kari is a teenage girl from suburbia. She gets thrust into the world of Lavelle when her brother, Aiden, discovers the magical purposes of the strange globe sitting on their mantle. Kari proceeds to get lost in the forest, run into two strange men, get a piece of strange amber stuck in her neck, and eventually find her brother just in time for him to get shot by some deer men.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: The Amber.
- Clingy MacGuffin: The Amber.
- Elemental Powers: Her Amber grants her lightning and healing powers.
- Healing Hands: Though it leaves a nasty scar.
- The Medic: Due to the aformentioned healing powers that her Amber grants her.
- Refusal of the Call: Kari's initial reaction to being transported to Lavelle was to demand that Aiden take them back.
- Trapped in Another World
Age: 18Aiden is just out of high school, and has no idea what he wants to do with life. Well, until he discovers that the weird globe on the mantle is very... special. Soon he finds himself in the world of Lavelle with his sister; and his welcome to the world includes getting some burning rock stuck in his wrist and getting chased by a few deer men.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: His Amber.
- Big Brother Instinct: They may fight all the time, but he can get very protective of Kari. It's been implied that the biggest reason why he dislikes Ashton is because he knows that Ashton has a crush on Kari.
- Clingy MacGuffin: His Amber, attached to him at the wrist.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: He was quite keen to jump at the call when he got transported to Lavelle.
- Elemental Powers: The Amber grants him fire abilities.
- Fiery Redhead: Subverted- though he's got fire abilities and a temper, he's a blond.
- Personality Powers: He's hotheaded, implusive, and has spiky hair. Guess what his power is?
- Trapped in Another World
Age: 16A mysterious young man whom Kari met in the forest. Despite his intimidating appearance, he's actually rather a Shrinking Violet. His bright blue eyes, a definitive trait of Blue Princes, have caused him a lot of trouble.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: His Pearl.
- Bandage Boy: He's covered in them. He even has extras! However, he doesn't actually use them to bandage wounds (well, maybe that, too), but to hide his Dragon scales and a Pearl (the counterpart to the Ambers) stuck in his wrist).
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The reason why he seems to be developing a crush on Kari.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Usually, he looks like a lost puppy. He's shy, incredible softspoken, hates being touched, and looks like he couldn't hurt a fly even if he wanted to. But when he (or Kari) is in danger, he holds his own against a random Gard, Xan, and later even kills Prince Edric, after he threatened Kari and revealed that Ashton is a Blue Prince. However, none of that stops him from being any less of a Woobie.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's revealed to be a Blue Prince- or, rather, a "bastard son of the dragon king", much as he hates it.
- Hates Being Touched: When Kari tries to look at his wounded wrist, he flips out and screams at her not to touch him. A panel or two later, though, he's soft spoken again and being very aplogetic for yelling at her, saying that he just doesn't like being touched.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Icy, piercing, and a trait signature to Blue Princes.
- Shrinking Violet: He lookes like he's being caused physical pain everytime he needs to speak to someone.
Age: 25A member of Wisteria, Rio travels around with his partner, Xan. He first runs into Kari shortly after she meets Ashton, claiming to be "a simple woodcutter"- though he threatens to kill Ashton as soon as he notices the latter's bright blue eyes.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He wastes no time sweet talking Kari when they first meet. However, he's still very much the gentleman to Kari when he notices how distressed she is.
- Eyepatch of Power: He has a pretty badass one.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. He's the redhead of the group, but is shown to be calm and mature.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Xan, whom he's known for over a decade. They're pretty much attached at the hip, and already they've risked their lives for each other many times.
- La Résistance: He and Xan are both part of Wisteria/The Retainers of Wistar.
- Perma Stubble
Age: 24Xan is a Gard who travels around with his Heterosexual Life Partner Rio. He's first seen grabbing Aiden and taking him to Rio, presumably both so that he wouldn't get killed by the other Gard, and so that he won't be causing any trouble running around the woods. He's a pariah to the other Gard, for unknown reasons. He apparently doesn't really like anyone besides Rio, though he seems to be warming up to the Winters kids- and he hates Fiona Colburn and Silas. He has a sister name Xae, who hasn't come up yet.
- Cute Monster Boy
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue: Xan. His English, however...
- Fingerless Gloves: With only the thumb, ring, and pinky fingers cut off. They're presumably to protect his hands from his weapon of choice, a bow.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He and Rio are definitely this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Though he does it very reluctantly, he's still helping out the kids.
- La Résistance: He and Rio are both part of Wisteria/The Retainers of Wistar.
- Little Bit Beastly
- The Medic: Though he's definitely not caring, concerned, or The Chick, he fills this role, being pretty handy in the first aid department.
- Tsundere: Type A.
Age: 29Silas is a member of Wisteria, currently working with Prince Edric. It seems that his M.O. is to get close to Blue Princes, murder them, and then pin the blame on somebody else. He apparently used to be close to Rio and Xan until he betrayed them. He also apparently dislikes Ashton, being shown holding a knife to his throat in a flashback.
- Bi the Way: He's had the aforementioned relationship with Xan; but it's also been said that he used to have a wife.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: He's only been around for a few chapters and already he's betrayed Xan and Rio, blaming them for the death of the Prince of Malshire, who he in fact killed, then tried to use them again to kill Edric, only to turn on Edric and ally himself with Ashton. Whew.
- Double Agent
- Glasgow Grin: He sports one on only one side of his mouth.
Age: 23A Blue Prince, Edric came to Alderton in search of the Amber, with intentions to blackmail Xan and Rio into helping him find it. His left arm is draconic, and he has wicked looking horns. Now deceased.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: The Pearl ring that he wears.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: He's proving that the Blue Princes live up to their reputation
- Disk One Final Boss: Was being built up as the Big Bad until Ashton took him out.
- Half-Human Hybrid: With horns, scattered patches of scales, and a huge, draconic left arm to show for it.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Icy and piercing, like all of the Blue Princes.
- Jerkass: It only took him a couple of pages to assert himself as one.
- Smug Snake: Spends most of his first few scenes trying to play everyone, only to have them turn on him.
Fiona is the acting governor of Alderton- her husband disappeared on a hunting trip two years ago, and he hasn't been seen since. She has some past with Xan and Rio; and while she and Xan seem to have an intense rivalry going on, it's implied that she and Rio may have a little something more than friendship going on.
Aiden and Kari's father. Judging from his panicked reaction upon realising that his kids used the globe, it's likely that he's had some experience with Lavelle in the past.
- Disappeared Dad: He seems to have become a more metaphorical one to his kids after his wife's death; and Aiden, at least, seems to hold some resentment toward him for that.
Aiden and Kari's mother. Not much is known about her, besides that she died recently.
- Missing Mom: As of her death about a year ago.
Aiden and Kari's maternal grandmother. When Aiden mentioned to her feeling the desire to "just get away", she smiled and chuckled, muttering, "Guess it's that time again, huh?". She then told him how to use the globe to get to Lavelle.
Age: 34Very little is known about her. She was Xan and Rio's mentor for years, but she disappeared two years ago. She's also a famous swordsman, known as "The Tempest" because of her flashy, sweepy style of flighting.
- Bifauxnen: Because of her masculine mannerisms and appearance, people usually mistake her for a man. She usually doesn't bother correcting them.
Blue KingThe king of Lavelle. He's a Blue Dragon who took the form of a human man, travelling around Lavelle, and eventually usupring the throne.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: The Blue King (and his sons) are not well liked.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Icy and piercing- the "cold, dead eyes of a dragon", as Rio put it.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Dragons in Lavelle can take human form.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter
Kij and Kir
Fraternal twin Gard. Kij is a female Gard living among male Gard, which is why she wears a mask with antlers built on it. She and her brother pursue the Winters children through the woods before Xan scares them off.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.