A list of the characters found in the Playstation era Eastern RPG Wild ARMs 2
open/close all folders
A young man who belongs to a military organization called the Musketeers, later promoted to a special task force code-named ARMs. After a terrorist attack he finds himself burdened with great power.
His weapon is an advanced bayonet
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: His name is Ashley Winchester and he's just a freeloader in a bread shop.
- Background Music Override: When in Knightblazer form. All the time.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ashley does this a few times.
- BFS: Both his bayonet's blade, which is ridiculously large, and Argetlahm.
- Demonic Possession: He is possessed by Lord Blazer at the end of the prologue, but is actually able to keep him in check and even gets a Super Mode from him. Until the final battle, that is.
- Duel Boss: He's got quite a few boss fights where he has to fight alone. In order, we've got Kalivos, Trask, Vinsfield, Caina, Grauswein and Lord Blazer.
- Empathic Weapon: Argetlahm
- Enemy Within: He fuses with a demon destined to destroy the world.
- Evolving Weapon: You can buy upgrades for it as you go along.
- Gender-Blender Name: For those who don't realize that "Ashley" was once more prominently a guy's name.
- Henshin Hero: Via Access. Ashely transforms into a being that is a balance between Lord Blazer, a Demon King and the Arghetlahm, a Holy Sword.
- Involuntary Transformation: His transformation into the demon-thing Protoblazer in the first part of the main story.
- The Kid with the Leash: He must contain Lord Blazer within himself.
- Lightning Bruiser: Especially when he obtains Access.
- Scarf of Asskicking: His Knightblazer form.
- Superpowered Evil Side: His Knight Blazer form.
A teenage wizard-in-training who takes her missing sister's place in the team, despite her self-doubts. She fights with umbrellas
A large man who is an expert in heavy weapons and explosives. Originally the hero of a revolution, he was later imprisoned for "war crimes" (before joining ARMS.) He uses metal gloves as his weapons.
- Badass: He's even the only one who single-handledly has the necessary power to defeat Ragu O'Ragula. Not only is he Badass, but just watch him move.
- Clear My Name: Brad is falsely accused of the nuclear destruction of his home country. Possibly subverted in that he's never officially cleared.
- Closet Key: Billy seems to be this for Brad. Not that Brad was ever necessarily closeted, as he doesn't always volunteer details about his personal life either way.
- Dead Person Impersonation: A positive variation: he is actually filling in for his crippled best friend.
- Evolving Weapon: Like Ashley's bayonet, you can buy upgrades for his bazooka.
- Explosive Leash: His collar.
- Faking the Dead: His almost Heroic Sacrifice.
- Gentle Giant: He's tall and fierce-looking, and even more formidable in battle. But to ordinary people, he's actually surprisingly affable and level-headed. Just very reserved about the details of his background.
- Homoerotic Subtext: With Billy, in the Western localization. It's less subtext and more text in the Japanese game.
- Kill Sat: Sky Eye.
- Mighty Glacier
- The Scapegoat: He was imprisoned for 5 years for a crime he didn't commit.
- More than that: Brad was on death row.
- Straight Gay: With Billy Pilder.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: This is half-true, as his shirt has only one shoulder strap, showing a good portion of his torso at all times.
A bionic, female bounty hunter, who at first opposes the group but later joins it. She uses daggers (and her bionic implants) in combat.
An innocent boy who discovers he's the Chosen One
to receive powers from the planet's spirits. Fights with a staff
A female inventor who helps the team with their technological needs. She becomes playable after a specific subquest, where it is revealed that she's actually the last of a race of vampire-like beings
. A pair of robots fight for her.
Irving Vold Valeria
The commander of ARMs. He purchased the unit after it was decimated in a terrorist attack, and appointed Ashley, Lilka, and Brad as its initial members.
- Brother-Sister Incest
- The Chessmaster: He's pulling the strings behind everything. And we mean everything.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrifices himself along with his sister to stop the end of the world.
- Necessary Evil: He formed both the heroes and the villains as a two-tiered plan to gather information as well as global resources in order to stop a sentient dimension from swallowing their world. The villains could use whatever tactics they wanted; and the heroes would be able to get the combined support of the world's governments who wanted them to stop the villains.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- White Hair, Black Heart
- Xanatos Gambit: He pulls off a masterful gambit by creating both the heroes and the villains' organizations. Whichever side wins, Valeria will have united the whole world in pursuit of his true goal - the destruction of the Kuiper Belt. The world would NEVER have united in time to stop it without his creation of a threat. Of course, if ODESSA won, they'd stop the threat too.
Altaecia Rune Valeria
Irving's sister, who supports him unconditionally.
Amy and Kate
Irving's telepathic assistants, who operate the communication device, and also the chateau once it starts flying.
A "sub spirit" that Tim can summon, which is sort of like a Guardian Lite. He serves as Tim's first tool.
A biomechanical dragon that can turn into an jet.
Anastasia Valeria, The Sword Magess
A young woman who fought against evil using the sword Argetlahm. She is revered in the present day.
The Guardian of Desire, and Anastasia's partner.
Ashley's childhood friend, whose mother owns the bakery where Ashley lives.
A friend of Tim's whom Ashley rescues from kidnapers in the prologue.
Another friend of Tim's. The three of them are always together.
The leader of Odessa, a terrorist organization which seeks to take over the world.
A group of four powerful individuals that fight for Odessa.
The source of monsters for Odessa and the person who controls Randolf the Magic Key.
An assassin and strategist for Odessa. She joined Odessa in order to exact revenge on Vinsfeld, who was responsible for the deaths of her family.
- Best Served Cold
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches down to the backs of her knees while in a ponytail.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- The Vamp: To Vinsfeld. Getting him to love her and allowing herself to be killed, just so that he can know the same anguish of loss as she did when Vinsfeld murdered her family.
A very tall man and the leader of Odessa's troops. He's prone to spouting cheesy lines and uses a windmill-like three-bladed claw as a weapon.
Odessa's hitman and an expert marksman, and a sadist to the core.
Liz and Ard
The game's comic relief villains, and Odessa's science division. Liz is prone to spouting nearly-nonsensical poetry, while his companion can only say "Ard"
The demon possessing Ashley, who is destined to destroy the world.
Kuiper Belt A sentient alternate universe, that's looking to devour Filgaea. The discovery of it is what led to formation of Odessa, as an Unwitting Pawn organization to create a threat that would engender a movement with the capacity to mobilize the resources needed to drive it off or destroy it.
- Alien Sky: Causes one called the "Stain Paradigm." First it makes the sky dark blue with flickering black, and then near the end of the game fills it with psychedelic purple patterns.
- Big Bad: The closest thing the game has to a true one.
- Eldritch Abomination: Along with Eldritch Location, though we don't see many of its inhabitants.
- Planet Eater: It is an entire living universe that eats worlds, one of the most fantastic menaces ever conceived.