->'''Played By''': Rupert Penry-Jones
* AmbiguouslyBi: He's only ever shown to be interested in women, but his team to make a point of telling him they'd be ok if he was interested in men, he is portrayed as having certain camp characteristics, and Kent has a pretty severe crush on him
* BrokenAce: He's from a good background, well educated, and well dress. He also has sometimes crippling OCD, and a constant need to prove himself.
* BunnyEarsLawyer: Despite his OCD obsession with cleanliness, he's good at what he does.
* DarkAndTroubledPast: His [[spoiler: father killed himself when he was a kid. Chandlers mother never really got over it, and turned to psychics and seances to deal with it.]]
* DeadpanSnarker: He certainly has his moments.
* FireForgedFriends: With Miles and, to a lesser extent, the team.
* HolyBacklight: Gets one in the final episode, in keeping with [[spoiler: the allusions to a sort of holy war in the area. Possibly hinting that Chandler may be an AngelUnaware, though YMMV. ]]
* IJustWantToBeSpecial: He just wants to solve interesting cases.
* ObliviousToLove: Doesn't seem to realise that Kent has a pretty big crush on him.
** Is generally pretty oblivious when people are interest in him.
* SharpDressedMan: He wears suits from Savile Row.
* SuperOCD: Under normal situations, it's fairly mild. When he gets stressed, it goes UpToEleven until he has to self-medicate with alchohol to remain functional.
** Thankfully its not treated as a 'quirk', and is a fairly good representation of OCD, considering. His obsession with cleanliness manifests itself into compulsively changing his shirt and being unable to leave the bathroom without scrubbing his hands raw at one point. When it gets bad, it is treated seriously. They don't just make fun of him for being a neat freak. Miles is particularly vigilant in making sure he doesn't 'go off the deep end'.
->'''Played By''': Phil Davis
* FireForgedFriends: With Chandler
* TheMatchmaker: On at least two separate occasions he tries to hook Joe up with a colleague.
* PapaWolf / BigBrotherInstinct: Shows signs of both towards Chandler.
* ParentalAbandonment / ParentalIssues: His father, who was in the pocket of the Kray brothers but was treated like a joke by them, left him and his mom. [[spoiler: Actually, he was killed because he refused to let them touch Ray.]]
->'''Played By''': Steve Pemberton
--> "I will be like Atlas, carrying the weight of the investigation..."
* AmateurSleuth: And the real detectives don't let him forget the "amateur" part.
* ManChild: Not an extreme case, but it fits.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: Reacts like this in series 1 when he realises [[spoiler: he's accidentally given advice to the JackTheRipoff killer]] and again in series 3 when he feels like he could have done more to help the team.
->'''Played By''': Alex Jennings
* MagnificentBastard: [[spoiler: He and DoubleAgent Jack use Chandler and his team to depose the fake Krays, creating a power vacuum that he can then fill.]]
->'''Played By''': Sam Stockman
* AmbiguouslyGay: His interest in Chandler is very subtle, but clearly romantic. He doesn't seem to have any other romantic interests in the series.
* BigBrotherMentor: Every member of the team tries to take this role for him to varying degrees. Hilariously, the one he seems to latch onto is Chandler, resulting in a very organized desk.
* BreakTheCutie: Subverted. He's adorable and sensitive, and in the second season, he is harassed by most of the corrupt cops in the station, gets attacked and cut up with a knife, is harassed and threatened some more, [[spoiler: is suspected of being TheMole by people he admires and trusts and is thrown off the team]], and breaks down crying in the parking lot. This fails to break him, and when the team cracks the case, he's front of the line to cuff the culprits.
** As the series progresses however, itís hinted that the pressures of the dark nature of the job have started to affect him. See CorruptTheCutie.
* CantHoldHisLiquor: Is nearly always the first to get giggly/pass out during team outings.
* CorruptTheCutie: Towards the end of the series, Kent shows signs of becoming quiet sinister. He certainly seems able to turn on the creep factor.
** The therapist in season 3 even alludes to this fact, saying that Kent may be more built to be the Bad Cop than he'd like to think
* [[spoiler: HalfIdenticalTwin]]
* GreenEyedMonster: To all of Chandler's love interests in S3, and the platonic version towards [[spoiler:Mansell in S4 over Mansell's relationship with his sister]]
* IgnoredEnamoredUnderling: Kent could be the page image
* OddFriendship: With Mansel in series 4, despite their differences.
* [[spoiler: RedHerringMole]]
* PuppydogEyes: Of the brown eyed variety
* SharpDressedMan: Although not as expensively dressed as Chandler, his off the rack suits certainly look the part.
* StraightGay: Unrequited attraction to Chandler.
* TenderTears: He deals with particularly bad cases by having a cry in the parking lot where he thinks nobody can see him. MenDontCry is averted because though the whole team knows, nobody thinks less of him for it.
->'''Played By''': George Rossi
* DrivenToSuicide: [[spoiler: [=McCormack=] hangs himself rather than having the police arrest him for betraying his fellow officers.]]
* [[spoiler: AnOfferYouCantRefuse: The Krays threaten his family to force him to betray the team.]]
->'''Played By''': Christopher Fulford
* [[spoiler: FaceHeelTurn: After being booted of the team in Series 1 for being TheMole, he returns in Series 2 as one of the uniformed officers who is working for the Krayís against the team.]]
* TheLancer: Originally to Miles.
* [[spoiler: TheMole: Rats the team out to the press in Series 1. Due to this, he was demoted as revealed in Series 2.]]
->'''Played By''': Ben Bishop
* RememberTheNewGuy: An old friend of the team and especially [=McCormack=], only neither we nor Chandler recognize him.
* OddFriendship: With DC Riley. Seemed to have failed when she finds out he's cheating. But series 4 shows them still going strong. [[spoiler: Until Mansell fakes a romantic letter to Buchnan from Riley]]
** With Kent in series 4, despite their differences.
* YourCheatingHeart: After only six months of marriage he starts cheating on his wife. According to him: "I get bored."
->'''Played By''': Hannah Walters
* TheHeart: She's the one usually seen offering comfort to the victims.
* OddFriendship: Has one with Mansell of all people. At least until she discovers he's cheating on his wife. But series 4 shows them still going strong. [[spoiler: Until Mansell fakes a romantic letter to Buchnan from Riley]]
* OneOfTheBoys: Explictly stated to be this in series 3 and by her actress.
* [[spoiler: OurDemonsAreDifferent]]