Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?
open/close all folders
The Chief, Lynne Thigpen
Rockapella | Members: Sean Altman, Scott Leonard, Elliot Kerman, Barry Carl, Jeff Thacher
- Boy Band: Boy bands were big at the time and Rockapella was recruited in an attempt cash in on that.
- Breakout Role: Before this show they were just another college a cappella group. Now everyone thinks of them whenever someone brings up the style.
- Final Season Casting: Jeff Thatcher was added to Rockapella as the band's vocal percussionist in 1993. However, he wouldn't appear on the show proper until its final season in 1995.
- Greek Chorus
- He's Okay: Rockapella member Scott Leonard would often play a recurring character called the "Dying Informant," where he would often give clues about the whereabouts of the crook of the day before dying. Of course, Greg would always remind us that Scott wasn't really dead.
- Large Ham
- Mr. Fanservice: They were all very pretty men.
- Phrase Catcher: "Do it, Rockapella!"
- Sharp Dressed Men/Unlimited Wardrobe: Jokes abound that their costumes were the reason PBS couldn't afford too many grand prizes.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: One of the informants was upstairs neighbor Mrs. Pumpkinclanger, who was played by Barry Carl in drag.
- Big Bad
- Orcus on His Throne: She masterminds all the thefts but doesn't do much in the show itself, preferring to work through her henchmen to avoid the cops.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Listen to her phone calls to her henchmen on the show. It's obvious that they're not the brightest people in the world.
A woman who is implied to be wealthy and of noble blood.
Twin brothers who are identical except for having opposite color schemes; where one is colored black the other is colored white.
A female bodybuilder. According to her dossier, she enjoys romance novels.
A one-armed pink blob from the planet of Rottenberry where they follow a religion centered on plumbing devices
. Able to use her nose as a vacuum.
A teenage schoolgirl. Refers to Carmen as "Auntie Carmen
." Her name is a pun of "petty larceny."
A cyborg criminal and obvious parody of RoboCop
A teenage rock and roll star. Her name is a pun off "serenade."
A filthy biker. He wears aviator sunglasses similar to those worn by Tom Cruise
in Top Gun
, the movie from which his name is derived.
Vic the Slick
A sleazy, poorly dressed criminal whose personality can best be described as "used car salesman."
A wannabe superhero who flies by dangling himself from a helicopter.