Characters: We Are All Pokemon Trainers Bystanders
This page describes characters who just, or mostly, happen to live in the world
of We Are All Pokémon Trainers
and mostly carry out their daily lives in complete normality until, one day, their town is visited by the player characters and thus the plot. To avoid . To get information of current characters of the roleplay, refer to We Are All Pokémon Trainers
open/close all folders
Professors and Other Researchers
Professor Samuel Oak
- The Mentor: Tagg notes that Birch in particular was the one who got him into field research.
- Badass Grandpa: Nearly defeats DS during the Gold Conference.
- Cool Old Guy: Like Oak.
- Death Glare: The Rowan Stare is the stuff of legends in how it can cow both people and Pokémon into compliance.
Professor Augustine Sycamore
Elites and Champions
Recurrent Background Characters
Mike the Techie
A Pokéstars tech crew member Carol (The PC) met while the J-Team was in Virbank City.
The Rest of the Tech Crew
The other techies who work at Pokéstar Studios.
A young woman living in Mossdeep City, who ended up heading to Celadon in the AU after Hoenn got flooded.
- Broken Masquerade: Suffers this upon being with Tracer when Cipher raids an Internet cafe they're in.
- Dressed to Heal: Shows up to the fight against Cipher in Gateon Port dressed as a medic.
- Geek Physiques: Is described as being "some skinny [REDACTED]" by an image board member.
- Nice Girl: Is quite compassionate.
- Official Couple: With Randy in the AU.
- One Degree of Separation: Tagg tried and epically failed to woo her when they were of middle school age, she met Tracer through Hatchet's machinations, and AU-wise all three know Randy.
- Ordinary High-School Student: In Carol's case more college, but she doesn't really get into the J-Team's antics for the most part and is more or less a normal person, which becomes very obvious when she gets wrapped up in a Cipher raid.
- Welcomed To The Masquerade: Due to a combination of his screwup as a teenager and guilt for getting her involved in stopping a Cipher raid, Tagg decides to partially reveal the masquerade to her.
Zeal's self-proclaimed rival. He knows Zeal only by the name "Thiznemiz Kwaitfeyk".
Dr. Wayland Kraus
A childhood friend of Zeal's mother and uncle.
- Apologises a Lot: Though not nearly as much as Youta.
- Guilt Complex: Blames himself for almost everything bad that happens to the people around him.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He reveals to Zeal that Iulianus is his son.
- Wham Line: In his first appearance, he says: "It's my fault for breaking Zachary's mind... it's my fault for standing by as Chase joined Cipher... and it's my fault for not being there when the two of them needed my help the most..." This has yet to be explained, though it's likely his Guilt Complex is to blame.
younger brother. Like his sister, Silvio is a Ditto specialist.
The Mysterious Figure
A mysterious Obscuric that appears to have taken an interest in Tagg.
- Astral Projection: Can use this ability.
- Badass: He and his mons managed to defeat Tagg, Muddy, and Cobalt in battle, no small feat considering the experience of the three, though their inexperience with fighting Kalosian mons also helped.
- Barrier Warrior: Is capable of erecting powerful Obscuric barriers.
- Chain Pain: Can use Obscura chains as a sort of mirror to Tagg's Aura chains.
- Chekhov's Gunman: First appeared during the AU arc as someone helping out during the battle at N's castle.
- Dual Wielding: Wields two energy blades made from Obscura.
A trainer from LaRousse City who raises various species for use in competitive battling. She happens to own the parents of Pica, Gilgamesh, and Andre.
- Deconstruction: Of the in-game practice of breeding hundreds of mons in order to get a perfect one, as Pica, Gilgamesh, and Andre were left with psychological issues.
- Parental Neglect: Pica, Gilgamesh, and Andre's parents didn't seem to pay them much mind.
- Super Breeding Program: Breeds boxes worth of mons in order to get one with the proper genetics. Pica, Gilgamesh, and Andre were all rejects.
- The Clan: Cubone society is built around numerous clans under one greater tribe.
- Culture Clash: The Kanto and Sinnoh tribes each view the other as savages due to presence or lack of Trial by Bonemerang.
- Fantastic Racism: They tend to distrust most other species, which is understandable considering their low place in the food chain.
- Not So Different: Are perhaps the closest to humans in terms of society than any other mons.
- Zerg Rush: Their main advantage against larger opponents tends to be sheer numbers.
This tribe, centered in an area off the main Routes in Sinnoh (south of Oreburgh, north of Pal Park), is the dominant population of Cubone in the Sinnoh region. They notably differ from their Kanto brethern in their widespread use of skull paint, use of the "Trial by Boonemerang" divination system of justice, and slight tendency to accumulate spacetime-warping artifacts.
- Iron Marrow ("Hydreigon Marrow" in AU) (Minute Clan)
- Bark Stripe (dead in AU?) (??? Clan)
- Red Skull (??? Clan)
- Rising Star (evolved and titled "Sunrise" in AU) - not a technical elder yet, due to still being a Cubone, but known for a sense of practical wisdom and presently being groomed for the role.
Minute Clan (Meter Clan in AU)
This clan has the dubious honor of guarding a Legendary relic- Dialga's Toothbrush.
Pretty much the only Cubone in the world know to enjoy
swimming. Often go fishing in simple canoes.
- Yellow Threedot
- Reed Snorkel
Known for late sleep schedules.
The Kanto tribes, primarily scattered about the northeast quarter of Kanto, have more of a confederate structure (and a significantly larger population) than the Sinnoh tribe, and are seen as the archetypal examples of Cubone society.
The Sevii tribe is located in the isolated Sevault Canyon where they eke out a harsh existence amongst the rocks.
The Kalos tribe is located in the Glittering Cave and has the most divergent culture compared to the other tribes.
Goldenrod Nidoran Colony
Spread across the Johto lands around Goldenrod City, a colony with high social organization takes care of the city and carry their peaceful (not in the AU
A group of females (Nidorina) govern the Colony, assisted by elders, messengers of various allied species, and, in the AU, the heads of the Army.
Mayonaka is a five year old Nidorina who acts as the main leader of the Colony. In the AU, she has picked the head of the Army, Taisho, as her mate, and shows to be very loyal to him even when the other breeders go after younger and probably more capable males.
A select group of Nidoran tasked with protecting the Colony from danger, they function as a police force. However, with the emergence of dangers that threaten the colony for generations already in the alternate timeline, and the presence of an official army, they have become more like a secret force of pincushion Men in Black
Hamada (Nidorino, Leader (original timeline))
Vinollo (Nidorino, Leader)
Rize (Nidorino, Honorary Leader)
Andes (Nidorino, Guerriero Rank)
Terio (Nidorino, Discepolo Rank)
Roa (Nidorina, Milite Rank)
Hyzenthlay (Nidoran♀, Servitore Rank)