. Naturally, since this is a roleplay involving
, only original characters will be mentioned here.
- Amarillo Viridian
GA-04 Lin ""Amarillo Viridian"" Xiyin is a 12-year-old looking girl who once belonged to a organization called "Chrono Agents". Her own job is to fix the disputes within Time and Space by resolving or creating paradoxes. Her rank is "Commander" before she eventually resigned due to some personal reasons
and takes residence in Gensokyo, the location of her latest mission. However, a mysterious force destroyed her now-peaceful life together with entire Gensokyo, so she is forced to do what she's best to do again: fix this dispute.
GA stands for "Genetic Altered", and this alternation gives her an ability called "Fairy Synchro" (no, not those
kinds ) that allows she to become one with the nature and in extension, Fairies from Gensokyo. However, this ability also results in her body being very unstable, so she is often seen physically weak, which creates an imagery that's suitable for her former job.
She is among the first group of people escaping from the initial Gensokyo destruction in the beginning of the story, and is provided to be a big help for her friends and companions. Her "operation base" is a small shop called "Tourist Helpers" which is not as ordinary as it seems.
She is referred as "The Fairy Commander" by Aya in both the real Gensokyo and the Virtual
Gensokyo, and is generally referred as just Amarillo Viridian.
Tropes associated with Amarillo:
- All Your Powers Combined: Heavily averted: Yes, she can merge with fairies to use their elements to attack. However, she cannot merge with more than one fairy without severely damaging herself in the process.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is not good at close range combat, however, being a commander in her old job didn't actually require that. She is a very good tactician, and with some supports she can be very good at predicting the opponent's moves and act accordingly.
- Awesome by Analysis: Most people thinks Amarillo can predict the future since she can correctly guess their next actions. Though Amarillo do have a superpower, that's not related to prediction, she can predict other's actions just because she thinks a lot. She's not always correct though. Failing to grasp the true nature of Diamond's power caused things to go horribly wrong for her.
- Berserk Button: Try hurting her allies in front of her, just try it. Though most of the time this leads to...
- Tranquil Fury: She'll never fight a battle that have no chances to be won. however she'll actively search for said chance...
- Canon Immigrant: Ever wondering why Amarillo's number is GA-04? It's because there are members before and after her, who are still working in "Chrono Agents" in their own canon stories. Most of Amarillo's backstory belongs to her own canon too.
- Cast from Hit Points: She has no direct link of mana with the fairies, instead relay on her own ability to do so, thus she and her fairy partners use up her physical energy instead. Of course, over-consumption may lead to Amarillo conking out for a very long time.
- Friend to All Living Things: Her default attitude towards everyone she just met. Even with someone that's clearly evil she still believes that they can be reformed, this however, eventually leads to some very bad situations.
- Older Than They Look: She looks 12, however she is a time/space traveler, which means ordinary means of calculating one's age cannot be used on her.
- Shout-Out: Where to begin?
- Yoh Hirowaza
Add information about Hirowaza here.
Tropes associated with Hirowaza:
Add information about Vant here.
Tropes associated with Vant:
Add information about Owlbear here.
Tropes associated with Owlbear:
Add information about Etch here.
Tropes associated with Etch:
- Ken Shojiki
A 25-year old young man who was studying computer engineering at a university in real life
. One night he fell asleep...and upon waking up, found himself in a forest in the world of Gensokyo
. A pack of youkai happened upon him, but he was saved by the belle
Keine Kamishirasawa, the teacher and defender of the Human Village, before he could get attacked. Slightly traumatized, he explained his situation to her. On her offer, he moved into a house neighboring hers, and was aided and taught for several years by her
. Wanting to repay his idol and savior, he studied fervently and became her teacher assistant
at the local school.
Several years later (during which he had begun to try his hand at swordplay
), Keine, impressed with his focus and devotion, asked if he wanted to train to become a guardian of the Human Village, to protect against possible youkai attacks. Perhaps somewhat due to his previous experience with youkai, he agreed almost immediately, and set to work studying magic to become wholly more competent
Early in the roleplay, he received an energetic
, somewhat snarky lightning fairy
assistant named Reisa, who was sent directly from the Scarlet Devil Mansion by Patchouli Knowledge
at Keine's request to aid him in his difficult magical studies. Unfortunately, his time and training in the Human Village was cut short upon being made aware of how the Gensokyo he had come to know was actually a virtual world created by the RAI organization. He now struggles against the RAI organization with his fellow faithful comrades and partners
The participant controlling him
is the last remaining participant to have joined the roleplay at the beginning of the second season, Neo WUFTD.
- Ken's team:
Tropes associated with Ken:
- Awesome by Analysis: Secretly likes to think this of himself, although he is very observant and spends time thinking before acting or speaking. But as a result, sometimes takes things too seriously.
- Author Avatar
- Childhood Friend Romance: Played with but mostly averted. Mayli is his childhood friend, and early on in Neo WUFTD it is quite obvious that they harbor some sort of feelings for each other (mostly thanks to a trolling Mokou). However, they may just be old friends who go way back that are very comfortable and honest around each other, especially since both of them are mostly curious about their situation and more concerned about safety than romance.
- Crash-Into Hello: Happens to him on two separate occasions in Gensokyo when arriving at/witnessing a fight between certain characters and the God of Plenty. He literally meets Hatate and then Mokou as they painfully crash into him. Oddly enough, he does not seem to recognize either of them...because the Gensokyo they are living in is virtual, and no one realizes this until Amarillo, Nue and Mamizou expose the glitchiness of the Hakurei Barrier with Nitori's help!
- Erotic Dream: Invoked and then subverted, twice. So far they have involved Mokou trying to force him to turn his attention to her and her alone, through fiery force. The first took place after he was accidentally knocked unconscious by Reisen's Eye Beams, the second in the RAI base after resting out of pure exhaustion. Both times he woke up before anything serious could happen, though.
- Meaningful Name: First name taken from the actual participant, Kakyoin01. His last name, Shojiki, is taken from "Shoujiki", which in Japanese means honesty, integrity or frankness, directly reflecting on his character.
- Only Sane Man: Sometimes too sane, especially by Touhou character standards. Some of his partners (particularly Mokou) take advantage of this.
- Megane: He wears glasses, and he does indeed need them...for the most part. They give him a more imposing look, but he's more likely to stay passive.
- Promotion to Parent: Keine is this to Ken to an extent, after she rescued him from a near-horrible youkai incident near the Human Village. Thanks to her parental guidance, he sought to repay her kindness by becoming one of the trusted guardians of the Human Village. Mokou, being Mokou, naturally seems to think otherwise. Unfortunately, his training is cut short after the Gensokyo they live in is revealed to be virtual and a last-ditch effort is made to escape the virtual world.
- Put on a Bus: Hatate has an incomplete mana link with Ken after exiting the virtual Gensokyo, so in order to maintain existence in the real world, her body falls into a comatose state. Thus, she must be returned to the virtual world and thus released from Ken's team as a result.
- Sliding Scale of Beauty: Since he has an appreciation for the human female figure and doesn't really seem to have standards for female beauty, he finds many females nice to look at, even purely for aesthetic reasons. Of course, his behavior when meeting certain Touhou characters like Yuyuko Saigyouji is easy to predict.
- Super Power Melt Down: Happens after Ken and his "team" escape into reality after Amarillo, Nue and Mamizou's power rush to break a hole from the virtual Gensokyo to reality. Upon seeing Keine, Mokou declares a spell card in an attempt to free her from the VR pod she is trapped in, only to have it backfire spectacularly due to the sudden realization of the reinstallation of mana links. The spell card not only fails abruptly, but Ken, being tied to Mokou's mana usage, falls over in insufferable pain and passes out for an hour. Fortunately, upon waking up with a bloody taste on his lips, he seems fine...but Mokou is not.
- There Is Only One Bed: While staying at Amarillo's Tourist Helpers joint, his large team must decide who sleeps in the two beds in the spare bedroom. There are only two beds, one of which can comfortably fit up two people and the other only one. Yuyuko takes the single bed, leaving Mokou, Kaguya, Mayli and Ken to decide who sleeps on the floor and who sleeps in the bed (Hatate is unconscious at the time and doesn't have an opinion). Due to his fatigue and incredible weight-pulling on the team, he decides to sleep in the larger bed. Despite suggestions that Yuyuko should sleep with him, Mayli should not sleep with him, and that Mokou and Kaguya should both sleep on the floor, he chooses to have Mokou sleep with him. Despite her protests, he insists it's due to her generally solid maturity and agrees that having him and Mayli in the same bed is at least a small cause for worry.
- A Sleep Cute hugging moment with Mokou follows later that night when only the two of them are awake, although not particularly to Mokou's favor (at least not outwardly).
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Averted. With a character like his, you think he would treat everyone nicely and not resort to violence, right? Wrong. He slaps Mokou to get her to stop bottling her emotions up after causing him to Mana Crash. Better use spell cards more sparingly in the future, Mokou.
- He goes one step further when Kaguya makes fun of Mokou when she holds hands with him. With a mere thought, he reduces the mana flowing to Kaguya, causing her to lose so much power that she could not even stand up on two legs. Horrified at her sudden helplessness, Kaguya is convinced to cooperate and behave herself more...or will she?
- Mayalissa "Mayli" Ayume
A 23-year old young woman with rich and famous parents
(namely, a popular actress
and a ruthless banking company executive
). Since her parents paid for everything up to and including her college tuition
, she has been raised, guided and influenced
by them from birth (in what little time they devoted to her
) to follow successfully in their footsteps
. Not having a good grip on her own life, she did not start to discover passion until upper division grade school and early college. While busy studying at a private grade school and eventually a high-end private university, she took solace in her newfound passion for drawing and art (a literal case of Art Initiates Life
), as well as a love of fantasy novels
she could lose herself in.
One night after cramming for an exam, she dozed off and woke up in complete darkness in the great outdoors
. Before she could figure out her location, a pack of vicious, hungry youkai suddenly surrounded her; she was swiftly attacked and mercilessly torn into
. As she lay dying
, her life ebbed away as they prepared to feast. Fortunately, Sanae Kochiya
discovered the situation. After exterminating the youkai, she used her power of miracles
to aid the perishing girl before her.
Days later, Mayli roused and found herself miraculously healed. She realized that Sanae had saved her life, and that she was in a mysterious world called Gensokyo. The wind priestess insisted that Mayli go to the Human Village, and she reluctantly left her savior to begin a much more relaxed life amongst others like her. For several years, she studied at the Human Village school and immersed herself in the quaint, delightful lifestyle
...until one day, when her curiosity got the better of her and she followed a mysterious creature too far outside the Village. Naturally, it placed her in a tree and called for youkai reinforcements to eat her up
(Later it turns out that the creature was really Nue in disguise
Mayli's cries for help were answered by Ken
, Sakuya Izayoi
and her idol, Sanae. Saved without harm this time, her real adventure seemed to be only beginning as she would soon find herself in the middle of a battle with antagonistic allies to escape the now-established virtual world she had come to love, and immediately reenter reality.
Even more surprising was discovering a sudden dependence on Ken for mana upon waking up
, which she is both fascinated with and worried about.
Tropes associated with Mayli:
- Childhood Friend Romance: Averted, at least initially. While she is very comfortable around Ken, they seem more like Platonic Life Partners and are more interested in learning how they feel about each other than following through on it.
- Constantly Curious: Being past the teenage age, she is more concerned with learning and asking questions. This even applies to how close she is to her childhood friend Ken, in which case she seems more comfortable knowing that he likes her than pursuing a romance with him. This is probably for the best anyway, at least for now.
- Escape Artist: A literal one!
- Expy: Similar appearance, attire and personality to Io Nitta from Shen Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.
- Fantastic Racism: Despite having a half-youkai, half-human teacher and guardian for several years, she still does not completely trust Keine simply because she is part-youkai, the same classification of creature that nearly took her life twice.
- Limited Wardrobe: She insists on always wearing a school uniform whenever she can, claiming that it is not only comfortable, but proper and stylish, even for a female her age.
- Pinch Me: Directly invoked while at the Saniwa Shrine. She collapses to the ground, flustered after being held at gunpoint twice and asks Ken to pinch her to make sure she isn't dreaming. Mokou tries to capitalize on this immediately, only to have it denied by Ken...at least for now, as he has not said he wants that but has also indicated that it is not undesirable.
- Primal Fear: After being fatally ripped open by youkai once, and nearly eaten by them twice, she has a good reason to fear them. Unfortunately, this also means she has a fear of youkai in general, even nice half-human, half-youkai such as Keine.
- Why Did It Have To Be Hungry Youkai With Sharp Claws And Teeth?
- Danao Madarang
Add information about Danao here.
Tropes associated with Danao:
- Azrul Kyoki
Add information about Azrul here.
Tropes associated with Azrul:
- Kristian Johansson
Add information about Kristian here.
Tropes associated with Kristian:
- Ashley Fisher
Add information about Ashley here.
Tropes associated with Ashley:
- Aiko Shiratori
Add information about Aiko here.
Tropes associated with Aiko:
- Neil John Parilla
Add information about Neil here.
Tropes associated with Neil:
- Mao Xuezheng
An art student from Beijing with a bad history from an oppressive family, who lived up really well to the whole 'asian parents' stereotype. Loves art, loves life, loves fighting. Doesn't want to admit the last.
Tropes associated with Xuezheng:
- All Chinese People Know Kung-Fu: The only person from mainland China in the roleplay, and trained in both Baguazhang and Xinyiquan.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite wanting nothing to do with his father's militaristic nature and teachings, he's been hinted to be a lot more violent than he seems.
- Brown Eyes
- Embarrassing Tattoo: Averted. Despite having a huge and elaborate tattoo across the right side of his torso that would be visible in public, he's not particularly ashamed of it.
- Nice Guy
- Nice Hat: A beret with multiple decorative pins.
- Narrān Alda Sam
Add information about Narrān here.
Tropes associated with Narrān:
- Nikolas "Niko" Reinhart
Add information about Niko here.
Tropes associated with Niko:
- Andreas "Andy" Jaeger
Add information about Andy here.
Tropes associated with Andy:
Add information about Den here.
Tropes associated with Den:
- Zachary Hayami
A 20-year-old from America, Zachary is working to become a journalist, and has almost finished his college degree when he attends a strange convention in Japan. Receiving strange messages on his computer and phone, he decides to at least check it out a bit. He doesn't yet realize just what's in store for him.
Tropes associated with Zach: