open/close all foldersDebuted in WUFTD
- Amarillo Viridian
Tropes associated with Amarillo:
- All Your Powers Combined: Averted: Yes, she can merge with fairies to use their elements to attack. However, she cannot merge with more than one fairy without severely damaging herself in the process.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is not good at close range combat, however, being a commander in her old job didn't actually require that. She is a very good tactician, and with some supports she can be very good at predicting the opponent's moves and act accordingly.
- Awesome by Analysis: Most people thinks Amarillo can predict the future since she can correctly guess their next actions. Though Amarillo do have a superpower, that's not related to prediction, she can predict other's actions just because she thinks a lot. She's not always correct though. Failing to grasp the true nature of Diamond's power caused things to go horribly wrong for her.
- Berserk Button: Try hurting her allies in front of her, just try it. Though most of the time this leads to...
- Tranquil Fury: She'll never fight a battle that have no chances to be won. however she'll actively search for said chance...
- Canon Immigrant: Ever wondering why Amarillo's number is GA-04? It's because there are members before and after her, who are still working in "Chrono Agents" in their own canon stories. Most of Amarillo's backstory belongs to her own canon too.
- Cast from Hit Points: She has no direct link of mana with the fairies, instead relay on her own ability to do so, thus she and her fairy partners use up her physical energy instead. Of course, over-consumption may lead to Amarillo conking out for a very long time.
- Friend to All Living Things: Her default attitude towards everyone she just met. Even with someone that's clearly evil she still believes that they can be reformed, this however, eventually leads to some very bad situations.
- Older Than They Look: She looks 12, however she is a time/space traveler, which means ordinary means of calculating one's age cannot be used on her.
- Shout-Out: Where to begin?
- Yoh Hirowaza
Tropes associated with Hirowaza:
Tropes associated with Vant:
- Chivalrous Pervert: Add description of how trope applies here.
Tropes associated with Owlbear:
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Add description of how trope applies here.
Tropes associated with Etch:
- The Computer Is Your Friend: Add description of how trope applies here.
Debuted in Neo WUFTD
- Ken Shojiki
- Ken's team:
- Mayalissa "Mayli" Ayume (OC)
- Patchouli Knowledge
- Eirin Yagokoro
- Reisen Udongein Inaba
- Yuyuko Saigyouji
Tropes associated with Ken:
- Awesome by Analysis: Secretly likes to think this of himself, although he is very observant and spends time thinking before acting or speaking. But as a result, sometimes takes things too seriously.
- Author Avatar
- Childhood Friend Romance: Played with but mostly averted. Mayli is his childhood friend, and early on in Neo WUFTD it is quite obvious that they harbor some sort of feelings for each other (mostly thanks to a trolling Mokou). However, they may just be old friends who go way back that are very comfortable and honest around each other, especially since both of them are mostly curious about their situation and more concerned about safety than romance.
- Crash-Into Hello: Happens to him on two separate occasions in Gensokyo when arriving at/witnessing a fight between certain characters and the God of Plenty. He literally meets Hatate and then Mokou as they painfully crash into him. Oddly enough, he does not seem to recognize either of them...because the Gensokyo they are living in is virtual, and no one realizes this until Amarillo, Nue and Mamizou expose the glitchiness of the Hakurei Barrier with Nitori's help!
- Erotic Dream: Invoked and then subverted, twice. So far they have involved Mokou trying to force him to turn his attention to her and her alone, through fiery force. The first took place after he was accidentally knocked unconscious by Reisen's Eye Beams, the second in the RAI base after resting out of pure exhaustion. Both times he woke up before anything serious could happen, though.
- Meaningful Name: First name taken from the actual participant, Kakyoin01. His last name, Shojiki, is taken from "Shoujiki", which in Japanese means honesty, integrity or frankness, directly reflecting on his character.
- Only Sane Man: Sometimes too sane, especially by Touhou character standards. Some of his partners (particularly Mokou) take advantage of this.
- Megane: He wears glasses, and he does indeed need them...for the most part. They give him a more imposing look, but he's more likely to stay passive.
- Promotion to Parent: Keine is this to Ken to an extent, after she rescued him from a near-horrible youkai incident near the Human Village. Thanks to her parental guidance, he sought to repay her kindness by becoming one of the trusted guardians of the Human Village. Mokou, being Mokou, naturally seems to think otherwise. Unfortunately, his training is cut short after the Gensokyo they live in is revealed to be virtual and a last-ditch effort is made to escape the virtual world.
- Put on a Bus: Hatate has an incomplete mana link with Ken after exiting the virtual Gensokyo, so in order to maintain existence in the real world, her body falls into a comatose state. Thus, she must be returned to the virtual world and thus released from Ken's team as a result.
- Sliding Scale of Beauty: Since he has an appreciation for the human female figure and doesn't really seem to have standards for female beauty, he finds many females nice to look at, even purely for aesthetic reasons. Of course, his behavior when meeting certain Touhou characters like Yuyuko Saigyouji is easy to predict.
- Played with in his relationship with Mayli Ayume. He finds her attractive and even openly admits to liking her physically and does not decline any romantic interest in her to her face, but since both of them are intellectuals he has more respect for her as a person than interest in her as one of the opposite sex.
- Super Power Melt Down: Happens after Ken and his "team" escape into reality after Amarillo, Nue and Mamizou's power rush to break a hole from the virtual Gensokyo to reality. Upon seeing Keine, Mokou declares a spell card in an attempt to free her from the VR pod she is trapped in, only to have it backfire spectacularly due to the sudden realization of the reinstallation of mana links. The spell card not only fails abruptly, but Ken, being tied to Mokou's mana usage, falls over in insufferable pain and passes out for an hour. Fortunately, upon waking up with a bloody taste on his lips, he seems fine...but Mokou is not.
- Fortunately, he ends up getting her to snap out of it. How does he get her to talk? By getting a bit physical.
- There Is Only One Bed: While staying at Amarillo's Tourist Helpers joint, his large team must decide who sleeps in the two beds in the spare bedroom. There are only two beds, one of which can comfortably fit up two people and the other only one. Yuyuko takes the single bed, leaving Mokou, Kaguya, Mayli and Ken to decide who sleeps on the floor and who sleeps in the bed (Hatate is unconscious at the time and doesn't have an opinion). Due to his fatigue and incredible weight-pulling on the team, he decides to sleep in the larger bed. Despite suggestions that Yuyuko should sleep with him, Mayli should not sleep with him, and that Mokou and Kaguya should both sleep on the floor, he chooses to have Mokou sleep with him. Despite her protests, he insists it's due to her generally solid maturity and agrees that having him and Mayli in the same bed is at least a small cause for worry.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Averted. With a character like his, you think he would treat everyone nicely and not resort to violence, right? Wrong. He slaps Mokou to get her to stop bottling her emotions up after causing him to Mana Crash. Better use spell cards more sparingly in the future, Mokou.
- He goes one step further when Kaguya makes fun of Mokou when she holds hands with him. With a mere thought, he reduces the mana flowing to Kaguya, causing her to lose so much power that she could not even stand up on two legs. Horrified at her sudden helplessness, Kaguya is convinced to cooperate and behave herself more...or will she?
- Mayalissa "Mayli" Ayume
Tropes associated with Mayli:
- Childhood Friend Romance: Averted, at least initially. While she is very comfortable around Ken, they seem more like Platonic Life Partners and are more interested in learning how they feel about each other than following through on it.
- Constantly Curious: Being past the teenage age, she is more concerned with learning and asking questions. This even applies to how close she is to her childhood friend Ken, in which case she seems more comfortable knowing that he likes her than pursuing a romance with him. This is probably for the best anyway, at least for now.
- Escape Artist: A literal one!
- Expy: Similar appearance, attire and personality to Io Nitta from Shen Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.
- Fantastic Racism: Despite having a half-youkai, half-human teacher and guardian for several years, she still does not completely trust Keine simply because she is part-youkai, the same classification of creature that nearly took her life twice.
- Limited Wardrobe: She insists on always wearing a school uniform whenever she can, claiming that it is not only comfortable, but proper and stylish, even for a female her age.
- Pinch Me: Directly invoked while at the Saniwa Shrine. She collapses to the ground, flustered after being held at gunpoint twice and asks Ken to pinch her to make sure she isn't dreaming. Mokou tries to capitalize on this immediately, only to have it denied by Ken...at least for now, as he has not said he wants that but has also indicated that it is not undesirable.
- Primal Fear: After being fatally ripped open by youkai once, and nearly eaten by them twice, she has a good reason to fear them. Unfortunately, this also means she has a fear of youkai in general, even nice half-human, half-youkai such as Keine.
- Why Did It Have To Be Hungry Youkai With Sharp Claws And Teeth?
- Danao Madarang
Tropes associated with Danao:
- Azrul Kyoki
Tropes associated with Azrul:
- Kristian Johansson
Tropes associated with Kristian:
- Ashley Fisher
Tropes associated with Ashley:
- Aiko Shiratori
Tropes associated with Aiko:
- Neil John Parilla
Tropes associated with Neil:
- Author Avatar
- Combat Pragmatist
- Cat Claws: Installed in his gloves!
- Child Soldier: Due to his appreciation and fascination with all things military, he looks like one.
- Forgetful Jones
- Fragile Flower / Alone in a Crowd: His current social issue, but he's recovering from it. He was formerly not so initiative at all.
- Good Colors, Evil Colors: Black and White, representing his alternate personalities Kimia and Milican respectively.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: His childlike and shy sides, respectively.
- Keet: His sugar side.
- Dandere: His ice side.
- Mao Xuezheng
Tropes associated with Xuezheng:
- All Chinese People Know Kung-Fu: The only person from mainland China in the roleplay, and trained in both Baguazhang and Xinyiquan.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite wanting nothing to do with his father's militaristic nature and teachings, he's been hinted to be a lot more violent than he seems.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: Averted. Despite having a huge and elaborate tattoo across the right side of his torso that would be visible in public, he's not particularly ashamed of it.
- Nice Guy
- Nice Hat: A beret with multiple decorative pins.
- Narràn Alda Sam
Tropes associated with Narràn:
- Nikolas "Niko" Reinhart
Tropes associated with Niko:
- Andreas "Andy" Jaeger
Tropes associated with Andy:
Tropes associated with Den:
- Zachary Hayami
Tropes associated with Zach:
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: As mentioned in his profile, Zach has a soft spot for cats. This is going to be a lot more significant than you think.
- Multiethnic Name: Should be obvious. As someone with Japanese ancestry born in America, this was bound to happen.
- Not a Morning Person: Seen sleeping in until almost 1 PM. This seems to be a regular occurrence with him.
- Why Did It Have to Be Insects?