Characters / WCW Commentators
Lists the various announcers, backstage personalities, commentators, and authority figures throughout WCW. Please limit associated tropes to the individual's time in WCW.
David Penzer (1993-2001)
- Arch-Enemy: Chris Jericho, who attacked him, during a losing streak, every time he announced the winner's name. To be fair Jericho always bought him new suits.
- Except he'd then rip them off him again.
- Hammy Herald
- Non-Action Guy
- Tacky Tuxedo: Instead of the traditional black, Penzer often wore a vibrantly colorful cummerbund and bowtie with his tuxedo.
Gary Michael Cappetta (1989-1995)
Michael Buffer (1993-2000)
Commentators & Backstage Personalities
Scott Hudson (1997-2001)
Mark Madden (1994-2000)
"Mean" Gene Okerlund (Eugene Okerlund, 1993-2001)
- Bald of Awesome
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dirty Old Man: During WCW's Final Years.
- Jerkass: After Madusa lost her match at WCW The Great American Bash 1997 and had to "retire," Gene showed up and utterly buried her, saying, "her career is finished, toast, over," with the crowd responding "Leave her alone!"
- Non-Action Guy
- Red Baron: 'Mean Gene'
- Seen It All: In an interview with Harlem Heat, Booker T, calls out Hulk Hogan and accidentally makes use of his N-Word Privileges. While Booker was embarrassed and manager, Sherri couldn't help but laugh, Gene just turned around and interviewed Stevie Ray without missing a beat like nothing happened, especially considering that he's said worse on Live TV.
Pamela Paulshock (1999-2000)
Tony Schiavone (Noah Anthony "Tony" Schiavone, 1983-1989, 1990-2001)
Gordon Solie (Francis Jonard Labiak) 1989-1995
Mike Tenay (1994-2001)
Eric Bischoff (Eric Aaron Bischoff, 1991-1999, 2000, 2001)
Vince Russo (Vincent James "Vince" Russo, 1999-2000)