Characters: WALL-E Forum Role Play
The WALL-E Forum Role Play is widely populated and it's only reasonable to have one of these. So, organizing these people by ships and planets, here's a list of characters and their tropes.
The EarthHey, it's the home planet. Despite the bad conditions, various entities have erked out a living on the planet during the seven century exile.ExplorationsGhertivel's LabThe Six PackThe Runners
The AxiomThe first ship to return to earth, the Axiom hosts a plethora of important characters.
The RiptideThe Riptide is a research and military vessel, and a central part of the RP. Its Captain is Ian Cooper.Its crew have examples of:
- The Captain: Ian Cooper, of course. Ricky also has his moments as second-in-command.
- The Sixth Ranger: The arrival of Bellatrix Thorn, space pirate.
- The Lancer: Ricky Raider, the second-in-command.
- The Smart Guy: Sergey and Sybille.
- The Big Guy: Domenico, the soldier.
- Tagalong Kid: Lily, the EVE probe, who is very childish.
- Team Pet: Several. Two REM-Es, a K-9, and a techno-organic Phoenix.
- Multinational Team: Most of the crew members are from different countries.
- Human Popsicle: Most of the crew (except Bellatrix) were alive in the 2100s, and went into suspended animation.
The QuasarThe Quasar is a military starship. After being contacted by the Colony, the crew found out that they could not really blend with Earth lifestyle anymore (also due to the unfortunate framing of the Riptide crew for a crime they never committed) and decided to take off in space again. They're still in contact with the Colony, though.
The ChamoixThis Bedlam House of an Eldritch Location is filled with crazies, and There Are No Therapists for them.Inferno Optic, Netcop of the Bong, has deigned to be an example of:
- The Mad Hatter: And wants everybody else to be one too.
The HeikuThe Heiku is a Japanese auxiliary ship that never took off in the exodus due to engine malfunctioning, hence its crew and passengers were shepherded off to the Tsunami, a fellow auxiliary ship. The Heiku therefore spent 700 years stranded on Earth under the caring but wistful control of the Autopilot KATANA.
The Ecoship Primethe Ecoship prime is the lead ship of the Ecoship fleet. Like the other Ecoships, the Ecoship Prime was built as a large nature reserve. Unlike the others, however, it doesn't specialize in one particular habitat, instead acting as like a medical area to treat sick or injured animals until they can return to the wild, raise young animals that were orphaned for one reason or another, or permanently house them should they prove to be too sick/injured to return. It also holds small farms in order to feed the crew. The farms lost such use when the last human member of the crew was turned into a CATH-E, instead, the plants were transferred into earth farms.It's crew contains examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: the entire crew could count
- Mother Nature is the most calm, cool, and clear-headed member of the crew. She also has a large variety of weapons at her disposal, and if you harm said crew, especially if you're with White Enterprises...
- Brad stretches this a little; he's pretty nice, but it takes surprisingly little to set him off(not to mention he can hold one hell of a grudge)
- Catherine is a kind girl with a love of nature. Harm her crew, and she will break out the plasma cannon
- Wallaby is a lovable K-9 who's not even military grade, not that that will stop him from attacking if any of his friends are threatened
- Berserk Button: In addition to the above, insulting the GDA (or any other Anti-White group) or revealing that you're part of White Enterprises is a good way to make an enemy out of the crew.
- The Captain: Catherine
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Brad the BRIDGET unit, which has resulted in at least one Unsettling Gender Reveal
- A Girl And Her K-9: Catherine and Wallaby
- First Name Basis:Whereas most call a captain "Captain [last name]", Catherine is referred to as "Captain Catherine" due to not having a known last name.
- Improbable Age: Catherine was technically in her mid-teens when she became captain. (she really only became captain because, when she was awakened from stasis, she was the only human left. not that she does a bad job [note]]to put this into perspective, most Captains are no younger than 20-30 years old, only command one ship, and have a full crew to help. Not only is Catherine much younger, but she commands an entire fleet and she lacks a proper crew (the only other members of her crew are a BRIDGET, Autopilot, and K-9, with every other ship having only the former two as well as a GO-4).[[/note]])
- Morality Chain: Mother Nature for Brad; Despite his temper, he is much calmer when she's around (at the very least, he won't hurt anyone). Make him mad when she's not around, however.....
- Nakama: to the point that Mother Nature and Brad can display some Mama Bear / Papa Wolf tendencies when the rest of the crew is in danger
- Neutral No Longer: Catherine initially intended to just have the Ecoships flee to the edge of the galaxy and stay out of the conflictnote Being captured and CATH-E-fied gave her and her crew the resolve to fight back.
- Opposites Attract: as noted below, Brad and Mother Nature are at opposite ends of the temper spectrum, yet they can't live without each other.
- Power Trio
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: When Brad gained sapience, he was aware of this possibility in the future and chose a pure-male name in an attempt to avoid this, thinking that any boy who fell for him would at least have the courtesy to ask his name first. It hasn't always worked.
TempestThe reason she gets her own section is because she is unique in that she is a JFF only characternote (though she's set to appear in Spooktacular if the RPs ever get revived). She was initially only created to make ARGO's life a living hell, but overtime she gradually gained a backstory; In a nutshell, she's made from the fragmented files that the insane ARGO failed to retrieve, and was rescued and given an android body by a kindly alien race. Said aliens would later be attacked by White Enterprises, whom Tempest was invaluable in helping defeat. Later on, ARGO traced the rest of his memories there and attacked, taking control of most of the Adaptoids on the planet in order to fight for his files. Tempest almost defeated him, but as W.E. had seen this as an opportunity for another attack, Tempest tried to turn to fight them the first chance she got, only for ARGO to launch a sneak attack and knock her out. She later awoke to a ruined planet, memories intact(as ARGO had failed to separate them from her). As a result, she views ARGO as the one behind White's victory, hence her hatred of him.She is one of only two known survivors of the second attack, HAN-D being the other one, who was rescued before being reset.
- Awakening the Sleeping Giant: If her usefulness in the first attack is any indication, she might eventually fall into this.
- Foil: Arguably one to HAN-D: Adaptoids coming from the same planet, being the only known survivors of the second attack, HAN-D seeks only to help others for the sake of it(even putting herself at risk if need be), whereas Tempest focuses only on things that could help her quest for revenge.
- It's Personal: Hoo boy...