Characters: Valkyria Chronicles II
aka: Valkyria Chronicles 2
open/close all folders
Class G Main Characters
Avan HardinsPower Trio. A Hot-Blooded 17-year-old boy who enrolls in Lanseal Royal Military Academy in order to find out the truth about his brother Leon's death. Serves as Class Representative and Squad Leader of Class G, dumping ground for all of Lanseal's worst students. Starts as a Scout, but can freely change to any class and sub-class the player chooses as long as the necessary credits are available.
- Accidental Pervert: Time and again, even though he's utterly clueless, such as walking in on Cosette, Anisette and Rene talking about bust sizes (all the while thinking they're talking about height) during physical examination, seeing Sofia's underwear (although that was her plan to lure him in), and grabbing Alexis's nonexistent chest.
- Big Brother Worship: Witness his "Brother's Words" Potential. This is replaced by "Left The Nest" after Dirk/Leon's true death in December, after which he decides to follow his own path rather than his brother's.Brother's Words: A crisis is a turning point, right bro?Left the Nest: Watch over me, Leon.
- Big Eater: His appetite is displayed quite often in optional events...
- Book Dumb: As are his problems with schoolwork and studying.
- Chaste Hero: Lampshaded repeatedly, but one of the reasons Avan’s such a good commander is that he treats the females no different from the males.
- Chick Magnet: Despite the above he manages to get more than one girls affection, hell he's in many of the girls likes for a reason not that he'll ever notice.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Really dosn't understand women.
- Critical Status Buff: His "Unprecedented" Potential boosts his anti-infantry power when he's at half health.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: During June, Cosette's native Yuell went under siege from the Rebels. In an attempt to force Cosette into tending to the wounded civilians, Avan shot himself.
- Determinator: He rarely ever gives up. Best exemplified by his "Unprecedented" Potential, which has him yelling:What's a little blood loss?!
- Disappeared Dad: His father died when he was still very young, and Leon has since become a father figure to him.
- Fiery Redhead: A rare male variant.
- Got Volunteered: The reason why he becomes Class G's representative is because Cosette raised his hand early in the game. Even better? She doesn't realize what she's actually doing.e
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Hot-Blooded: He even has a Potential called "Hot Blooded".
- Idiot Hero: Though he does have his moments of intellectual epiphany.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Capable of everything short of Tank Commander, though he starts as and is commonly depicted as a Scout.
- Walking the Earth: After his graduation, Avan set off to help towns across Gallia ravaged by the civil war.
ZeriPower Trio. Scouted out for Lanseal for his athletic and academic abilities, he is a calm, intelligent Darcsen Shocktrooper who dreams of becoming a hero as a means to reduce the prejudice heaped against him and his race. Initially finds Avan to be a nuisance, but gradually opens up to him.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Juliana.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Determinator: When it comes to stopping the prejudice against his race and his rivalry with Avan.
- Dogged Nice Guy: He never stops trying to befriend Juliana, despite her frequently spitting racial slurs at him. It was obviously starting to work, just before she was killed at the end of August.
- Face Palm: Especially when Avan is around.
- Fan Boy: Judging from his reaction upon first meeting them, he thinks very highly of Welkin and Alicia.
- Glory Seeker: Believes that becoming a hero could help alleviate the prejudice leveled against his fellow Darcsens. After graduation, he joins the Army, where his talent eventually won the admiration his superiors and peers, regardless of his race.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: "I'm in despair! Being paired up with this red-haired idiot has left me in despair!"
- Not So Stoic: He’s quite Hot-Blooded himself. He just hides it well.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Avan's red.
- Specs of Awesome/Stoic Spectacles
- The Stoic: Rarely gets worked up. He even has a Potential called "Composed", which triggers when he's getting shot at."Nothing to get wild about."
- The Lancer: Fits the trope to a T. The only thing missing is that his class isn't Lancer.
- The Rival --> Vitriolic Best Buds: His relationship with Avan.
- The Strategist: Has to come up with most of the plans, since that isn't exactly Avan's strong point.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A Darcsen trait, coupled with the Darcsen cloth wrapped around his left forearm.
Cosette CoalhearthChick of the game's Power Trio. Cosette enrolled in Lanseal as an Engineer in order to pursue her dream of becoming a doctor, having been rejected from entering a regular med school. Became colorblind due to her parents' death during the Imperial invasion, preventing her from seeing the color red.
- Alliterative Name
- Apologetic Attacker: Sometimes apologizes after killing an opponent.
- The Chick
- Combat Medic: She's pretty good at both parts, thanks to her high Aim and Evasion, and her Potential lineup.
- Dojikko: One of her (initial) Personal Potentials is even called "Klutz".
- Epiphany Therapy: She overcomes her colorblindness by defusing a bomb set up by Baldren by cutting its red wire.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: So, Rimi, you are studying with another dense guy who is not interested in girls...
- Idiot Hair
- The Medic: Comes as a part of her classification. Upon graduating, Cosette, now cured of her colorblindness, joins medical school, where she became known for her willingness to work with people of any nationality, gender, age and race.
- Stepford Smiler: Turns out her cheerfulness masks a horrifying trauma induced by her parents' deaths during the Imperial invasion two years prior.
- White Magician Girl: Albeit packing a gun. But the rest of the comparison still stands.
- Her unlockable class, a Lancer, throws it out the window however... and it also sucks, with all of its negative Personal Potentials.
- Why Did It Have To Be Blood?: This may explain why she was denied entry to med school. She got over it, though, come a certain...
- Wire Dilemma
Voiced by: Satomi Sato (Japanese), ? (English)Class G's 21-year-old Tank Commander and Class G's principal contact in the R&D Department. She was one of Leon's friends before he died. Harbors guilt for not being able to prevent a squad using one of the tanks she worked on from getting killed by a 'Ghost Tank'.
- Alliterative Name
- All Love Is Unrequited: Hinted to have had feelings for Leon.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Her "Bloodthirsty" Potential. Doubles as Pre-Asskicking One-Liner, since it lets her shoot twice."Heh, cute... I can take you all!".
- Cool Big Sis: Has the "Big Sister" Potential.
- Cry Cute: The end of her Classmate Mission, after finally defeating the 'Ghost Tank' that killed a friend of hers, wiped out several squads, and led to Leon's Start of Darkness.
- Determinator: Her "Tank Master" Potential."A dozen ghost tanks couldn't stop me!"
- The Engineer: She also handles Class G's R&D.
- I Choose to Stay: Long after Avan and company graduated, Lavinia stayed behind to not only research tank technology, but also service weapons and help rehabilitate Lanseal.
- New Game+: Lavinia herself is available for most of the game, but her Memories skits and Classmate Mission only become available after finishing the game the first time around.
- Revenge: Her motivation for becoming a tank pilot - an entire squadron using one of her tanks was wiped out by a 'Ghost Tank', one of whom was a friend of hers. One of the few survivors is none other than Leon Hardins.
- Tank Goodness: With her "Bloodthirsty" Potential (which allows her an extra shot), she's an even better tank commander than Welkin and Zaka. Add in her "Tank Master" Potential, gotten upon finishing her Classmate Mission, she gets even better.
- Tears of Joy: At the end of her Classmate Mission.
- Wrench Wench: In addition to commanding it, she also maintains and repairs Class G's vehicle.
- You Remind Me Of Leon: Towards Avan - she even embraces him after finishing her Classmate Mission, mistaking him for a moment for Leon.
Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu (Japanese), Amber Hood (English)A 13-year-old Valkyria, Class G first encounters her in March when she saved them and the VIP they were escorting from heavy Rebel assault. Gradually humanized by further contact over the following months, she becomes a classmate (as a Scout) come September, vowing never to use her Valkyria powers again except in the defense of her new friends.
- Action Girl
- Bare Your Midriff: Her summer uniform.
- Child Soldier: Much like Aisha Neumann before her, Aliasse is still too young for universal conscription age (15 years old). Then again, she's a Valkyria.
- Critical Status Buff: Her "Valkyria" Potential boosts all of her stats when she has half of her HP left.
- Cute Bruiser: She may take after Selvaria one day... but not now.
- Genki Girl: Turns into one as soon as she joins the entourage.
- Green Thumb: Thanks to Cosette, she develops one, as part of her humanization. After graduating from Lanseal, Cosette took her in, and became an award-winning horticulturist.
- Happily Adopted: By Cosette and, to a lesser extent, Avan, after Dr. Foerster abandons her.
- Healing Factor: Represented in gameplay as the "Mysterious Body" potential.
- Heroic Albino: Has the classic white hair and red eyes of the Valkyria.
- Little Miss Badass
- Man Bites Man: Her very first meeting with Avan has her biting him.
- Mind Over Manners: Upon joining Class G, she decides to protect Gallia without using her Valkyria powers (unless we count her "Valkyria" Potential, which increases her powers at half HP). Subverted in December, when she's forced to go Valkyria again to confront Dirk/Leon, killing him in the process. She ultimately regrets her decision, wondering if she can only do nothing but destroy, but Avan comforts her, telling her that at least she freed him from his V0 Armor-induced suffering.
- Mysterious Waif: Much deadlier than the usual sort, however.
- Person of Mass Destruction: A pure-blooded Valkyria.
- Sixth Ranger: She joins pretty late in the game.
- Token Mini-Moe: At 13 years old, she's the youngest member of the Class.
- Tyke Bomb: Dr. Foerster seemed to be grooming her as one. Then came Class G - Avan and Cosette in particular - who taught her basic human traits. Dr. Foerster, however, is none too pleased...
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: Has a really nasty case of this to start off with.
Class G Scouts
Scouts retain their VC1 role: Fragile Speedsters that can become Lightning Bruisers once they level up and better Rifles are built. They excel at capturing camps and hunting down hidden enemies. In addition, the Sniper class from VC1 is now a Scout sub-class, and excel at eliminating single targets from long range. Both Avan (by default, as he is the Jack-of-All-Trades) and Aliasse belong to this class.Scouts can become either Scout Veterans (which are Scouts with better stats in all categories) or Snipers (which trade durability and mobility for long-range killing capability). Scout Veterans, in turn, can be promoted into either Scout Elites (which are Scouts Veterans Up to Eleven) or Heavy Scouts (which trade mobility for more health and firepower), and Snipers into either Sniper Elites (which get sniper rifles that fire multiple shots) or AT Snipers (which carry BFGs that can heavily damage even tanks). Their class stripe is red.
Voiced by: Keisuke Koumoto (Japanese), Cam Clarke (English)An introverted 16-year-old who often hides in dark places and is frequently being chewed out by his older sister Franca. One of the best shots in Class G, he wants to make the woman he loves happy by presenting her with the Lanseal Medal of Honor. The woman in question turns out to be his not-related-by-blood sister Franca.
- Apologetic Attacker: Sometimes apologizes after killing an opponent.
- Brother-Sister Incest: One sided on his part - somehow justified in that they're not too related.
- The Eeyore: Once admitted to Magari that he has since given up any chances of winning the Laevatein Cup due to his experience of lasting no more than 30 seconds in a drill with Class C.
- Friendly Sniper: He mastered his improbably perfect aim as a kid by knocking down acorns with rocks, and has the highest Accuracy of anyone in Class G (aside from Aliasse, who's a superhuman Valkyria) to show for it. After graduation, he became an Army sniper whose skill rivals even Brixham's.
- Glory Seeker: He wants to make his beloved happy by presenting her with a Lanseal Medal of Honor.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: For Franca's sake, so she can stop worrying so much about him.
- Ill Boy: Downplayed. He's more than capable of fighting, but his "Frail Body" Potential reduces his defense when he's used up more than half of his AP.
- The Klutz
- Not Blood Siblings: The only one of the Martin siblings who is aware of this.
- The Power of Love: His "Tender Emotions" Potential unlocked by his Classmate Mission boosts his firepower against infantry and armor when his beloved is around.
- Shrinking Violet: A very introverted fellow.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Franca.
- Those Three Guys: Hangs around with fellow timid boys Raymond and Morris.
Voiced by: Masaru Suzuki (Japanese), Steve Blum (English)A 27-year-old Imperial transfer student and a veteran of the Gallian campaign from a family with ties to the royal family. Brought to Gallia as walking political leverage, he will nonetheless serve his former enemies as faithfully as he would the Empire for the time he is there, regardless of his own personal beliefs.
- All of the Other Reindeer: His very first Memories skit alone has one of the teachers ordering him to recite the Empire's invasion of and defeat to Gallia during the 1935 war.
- Cool Hat
- Face-Heel Turn: After graduation, Helmut returns to the Empire to prepare for a new Gallian offensive. However, it is hinted that his time at Lanseal has since changed his opinion on Gallia.
- Fantastic Racism: As expected of an Imperial transferee and one of the only two cadets to not replace "Darcsen Hater" with "Reconciliation", the other being Battle Butler Heinz Gilden.Darcsen Hater: "I cannot fathom how your kind thinks."
- Just Following Orders: Follows this trope to a tee. He will obey any command from a superior.
- My Commander, Right or Wrong: Despite his hatred of Darcsens, Helmut's Classmate Mission involves protecting a Darcsen village from Rebels. He later states that it is his duty as a soldier to obey the orders of his commanding officer, regardless of personal opinion.
- Noble Bigot with a Badge: Despite being an Imperial and a Darcsen hater, he is still an able, obedient soldier. He also seems to be aware of his prejudice: in the aftermath of his Classmate Mission, he admits as much to Zeri, contrasting it with Zeri's dislike of the Imperials.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He has ties to the House of Regingrave, the Empire's ruling family.
- The Stoic: Not much phases him.
- Token Evil Teammate: While not necessarily evil, Helmut is still an unrepentant Imperial who openly hates Darcsens.
Voiced by: Shunzou Miyasaka (Japanese), ? (English)A 17-year-old ex-Rebel and Reiner's best friend who joined the Rebels as he believed that they would finally bring peace to Gallia, but defects after seeing the horrible things the Rebels are doing to Gallia's people. He's been struggling to find acceptance with the rest of Class G and the whole school ever since his enrollment.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Only Avan and Reiner talk to and about him in friendly terms prior to his Classmate Mission. He isn't even counted as an allied unit by the others when it comes to activating Potentials.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Has very good analytical skills and is very familiar with Rebel tactics and strategies.
- The Atoner: He once believed the Rebels would make Gallia a better place, but later regrets it after Reiner points out to him how terrible their actions were. Now, he's trying his best to make up for that. His Classmate Mission is even called "Battle For Atonement".
- Determinator: He will endure all the prejudices heaped against him if only to redeem his name.
- Fantastic Racism: His Darcsen prejudice is deeply ingrained, as expected of a former Rebel. Thankfully loses it at the end of his Classmate Mission, realizing that the Darcsens also fight for Gallia.Darcsen Hater (pre-Classmate Mission): "They show no will to live..."Reconciliation (post-Classmate Mission): "I'm sorry..."
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has a large faded scar across the left side of his face, earned after saving a friend from a fire as a child.
- Heel-Face Turn: Defects to Lanseal after seeing what the Rebels were really doing. He even makes good on his pledge to restore Gallia's peace by joining the Army after graduation, where his analytical skills finally won him respect.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners/Those Two Guys: With Reiner.
- Our Greatest Failure: Shared with Reiner - Elena, a little sister figure to both men, was killed during the Imperial invasion. Both have since promised to never again lose their loved ones.
- The Promise: With Reiner, to fight for a peaceful Gallia. Reinstated after completing Sigrid's Classmate Mission.
Voiced by: Yuka Saitou (Japanese), ? (English)A bumbling 16-year-old Intrepid Reporter who publishes her own school-wide newspaper, the "Lotte Insider", which has a bad reputation as a "gossip rag" amongst Lanseal's cadets. Inspired by Ms. Ellet, she is highly dedicated to exposing the truth whatever it may be, though her eagerness sometimes means false information slips into her reporting.
- Cute Little Fangs
- Determinator: When it comes to finding the truth. Represented by her "Truth Seeker" Potential, which restores all her AP after using it all up."I won't stop 'til I get my scoop!"
- Exposition Fairy: A subtle example, but whenever Avan gets acquainted with a new classmate, she's likely to be the one to fill him in on the details.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Gossipy Hen: Her reputation (as well as that of her newspaper) in Lanseal.Avan: "Oh, riiight! Now I remember! That's the paper Zeri was talking about! 'That vapid gossip rag', he called it."Lotte: "Oof, thanks, don't bother to sugarcoat it for me or anything, dude."
- Hero-Worshipper: Towards Irene Ellet, whom she aspires to take after.
- Intrepid Reporter: Ellet would be so proud. Not even the theft of her camera by a schoolmate whom she caught extorting his classmates diminished it one bit, even cornering one of his accomplices at the end of her Classmate Mission for more scoops.
- Meganekko: Perpetually wears glasses.
- The Seven Mysteries: Her Memories skits and Classmate Mission revolves around these.
- Verbal Tic: Almost every sentence she utters ends with the word "Dude!"
- Walking the Earth: After graduation, Lotte prints the last issue of her "Lotte Insider" and goes off spreading "truth" across Gallia.
Voiced by: Sayaka Hirao (Japanese), Laura Bailey (English)A 17-year-old Stalker with a Crush to Zeri, to the misfortune of anyone near him (or whom she believes to be). Recruited for her extraordinary concealment skills, she puts it to good(?) use in her stalking of Zeri, with only Avan managing to pick up her presence with any regularity.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Her "Misogynist" Potential is rooted in this. Her Classmate Mission even involves challenging a group of Zeri fangirls to a mock battle... over a bunch of Zeri photos that she stole from them.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Lust and Cloud of Darkness, is that you?
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Apparently, only Avan can notice her presence outside class, unless she deliberately reveals herself. Represented by a high Evade stat and her "Chameleon" Potential.
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards Zeri, who once found her ribbon and represented by the "Stalker" Potential unlocked by her Classmate Mission. She continues to stalk on him long after graduation, joining the Army in hopes of finally joining his corps.
- Token Evil Teammate
- Yandere: Zeri Lover + Misogynist + other Potentials' quotes = Lots of hints for this. Thankfully subverted, though, by her non-intrusive attitude. Not even Avan is spared, telling him after her Classmate Mission that he's her "public enemy #1" for being too close to Zeri.Avan: "Suddenly I feel like I just helped the forces of evil..."
Voiced by: Hiroko Ushida (Japanese)A 21-year-old artist who came to Lanseal in order to find a new inspiration after painting several war scenes as the Army's artist-in-residence. A prickly and moody young woman, her creative block has not improved her disposition any. With a lot of persistence, Avan inspires her to start painting portraits, and she chooses him as her first model.
- Cool Shades: Which she wears all the time.
- Creator Backlash: A minor In-Universe case. She's well remembered for her war-scene paintings, which she personally despises.
- Hero-Worshipper: Mild case to VC1's sickly artist Emile Bielert; after graduation, she moves into his hometown to paint with him.
- Ineffectual Loner
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: While she hasn't actually fought prior to joining Lanseal, painting all those war scenes hasn't been good for her.
- Sunglasses at Night: She wears her Cool Shades even at night. Her "Night Vision" Potential means she can actually see better at night than most people even with the shades on.
- Writer's Block: Of the artistic variety. She ultimately gets over this at the end of her Classmate Mission, having been inspired by Avan's gregariousness to take up still-life drawing.
Class G Shocktroopers
Shocktroopers are the primary infantry combat unit of any squad, thanks to their decent stats all-round and excellent, if short-ranged, anti-infantry capability. With at least 15 shots before having to reload, they can also Intercept and Suppress enemies more effectively than any other class. They excel at both assaulting and defending positions, with their Gunner sub-class being especially good at the latter. Zeri belongs to this class.Shocktroopers can be promoted into either Shocktrooper Veterans (which have enhanced stats all-round, plus extra grenades) or Gunner (which trade accuracy for durability and a machinegun). Shocktrooper Veterans, in turn, can be promoted into either Shocktrooper Elites (Shocktrooper Veterans Up to Eleven) or Commandos (which have slightly better mobility and pack flamethrowers instead of grenades), while Gunners can either become Gunner Elites (which gain mobility and even More Dakka) or Heavy Gunners (which trade mobility for a bigger machinegun capable of tearing even vehicles apart). Their class stripe is black.
Voiced by: Kenji Akabane (Japanese)An 18-year-old trouble student with anger management issues and a fondness for animals, to the point of going hungry since he often gives them all his food. As he has trouble with words, he tends to punch things when he gets angry, creating a snowball effect on his reputation.
- Delinquents: He acts like one unless animals are involved.
- Friend to All Living Things: As Avan found out. After graduation, he entered university to become a veterinarian.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Gets on well with Vicky.
- Ineffectual Loner
- Jerkass Façade: He's actually a nice guy and an animal lover, but his short temper does not make for friend material.
- More Dakka: His "Base Defender" Potential makes him a natural choice for a Gunner, which relies less on accuracy and more on firing a torrent of bullets.
- Big Brother Worship: A mild case, to Avan. Eventually, also to Zeri.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He gets better about it, though, as his character epilogue reveals.
- City Guard: Ultimately becomes one for Mellvere after graduation.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Can be seen in the background of the prologue when Avan rallies some of the townspeople to join the town watch in driving off the rebel attack.
- I Owe You My Life: How he came to idolize Avan and, eventually, Zeri too.
- Ignored Rival: Zeri pointedly ignores any of Pete's attempts to set up a rivalry between them. He eventually gets better after Zeri saves him during his Classmate Mission, and subsequently becomes his "disciple".
- Keet: Quite enthusiastic.
- Pointless Band Aids: One on both sides of his cheeks and one on the bridge of his nose.
Voiced by: Yujiro Kakuda (Japanese)Spoiled 19-year-old crown prince of the Kingdom of Dryer, an ally of Gallia. His father has him sent to Lanseal in the hopes that he will finally shape up into someone worthy to lead. He does, thanks to his interactions with the rest of Class G, and becomes King of Dryer after graduation.
- But Now I Must Go: Or maybe not - barely a week after leaving Class G upon completing his Classmate Mission, he wastes half of his kingdom's money, and ends up expelled again back into Lanseal!
- Casanova Wannabe: One of his objectives for entering Lanseal is to find a bride. Long after graduation and becoming the (troublesome) King of Dryer, he's still seeking his queen.
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He may act like a royal pain in the ass most of the time, but Nahum knows the value of winning the trust of his subjects. Exemplified during his Classmate Mission, when he chews out a Rebel officer "enlisting" townsfolk into burning towns in the name of restoring Gallia's peace.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Gets sent to Lanseal because his father wants him to be one of these. Or to at least make him less of a brat.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Of the pompous, arrogant type, though he gets better.
Voiced by: Yuka Komatsu (Japanese)Nichol's stern 20-year-old sister, who frequently berates him for his seeming incompetence. The real reason she's at Lanseal is to keep him out of danger, even if it means dragging his reputation down to ensure he doesn't get dangerous assignments. Failing that, she wants to make him as tough as possible, so he can at least take care of himself.
- A-Cup Angst: Now poor Nichol can't take a dip into the pool...
- Big Sister Instinct
- Compassionate Critic: She's quite blunt about pointing out Nichol's weaknesses, but she's doing it because she genuinely cares.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Deep down, she actually does care about her brother despite treating him like crap, going so far as to keep him from taking dangerous missions.
- Like Brother and Sister: She is unaware that she and Nichol are actually Not Blood Siblings.
- Neat Freak: Very dedicated to keeping things clean. She even has a Potential named "Neat Freak".Franca: "Dirt in a room is dirt on the soul! I'm not leaving until this place shines! And you had best believe none of you will, either."
- Not So Stoic: In a skit, Avan chances upon her fidgeting in worry over Nichol. Topped by the end of her Classmate Mission, when she sheds tears of joy upon finding Nichol safe after he went missing.
- Parental Abandonment: Raised by her grandparents after her parents died. She's determined to toughen up Nichol because he's the only family (or so she thought) she has left.
- Tough Love: Towards Nichol, and she even gets a Potential named "Tough Love" after her Classmate Mission.
Voiced by: Yui Kano (Japanese), Megan Hollingshead (English)The 16-year-old younger sister of Edy Nelson and an aspiring Idol Singer. She looks up to her sister even as she aspires to match her achievements. While a diligent young woman, her physical coordination can leave something to be desired, especially in a field as demanding as dancing.
- Big Sister Worship: Even to the point of enjoying Edy's singing.
- Driven to Suicide: Played for Laughs during her first Memories skit. She tried to jump off a rooftop (only for Avan to stop her in time) upon learning that Edy is coming to see her concert, and that, in a state of panic, she accidentally writes that she's doing well (despite making little progress in dancing) and tickets to her concert are sold-out. Even Avan calls her out on this.Avan (to Anisette): "Man, you're as bad as Cosette at keeping yourself in check!"
- Genki Girl
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: She's not that bad a singer herself, but it turns out that she's the only one who can tolerate Edy's singing.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: Despite their sibling rivalry, Anisette took on an entire army unit because they dissed her older sister's profession.
- Idol Singer: Wants to become one. Ultimately settled into becoming a dancer like her sister after graduation.
- Sibling Rivalry: A friendly one, she wants to be as good as (she thinks) her sister is. Arguably, she's a better singer than Edy (not like that's a difficult thing to do...), but lacks stamina (to dance, specifically).
- Tsundere: Just like her sister, including towards the dirt she walks on.Country-Bred Potential: "No, I... don't miss it!" (In a noticeable country accent)
- Verbal Tic: Tends to refer to people as "Darling".
Marion SiegbahnShe's actually there for its armory, as she has had a fondness for weaponry ever since her childhood.
- Be Yourself: Avan tells her this after her Classmate Mission.
- Blue Blood: A member of one of Gallia's noble families.
- Distressed Damsel: What Joachim sees her as in her first Memories skit, even volunteering to be her "knight in shining armor".
- Fantastic Racism: A mild one against the Darcsens, in that she believes they're the "gloom and doom" type of persons. Eventually got over it in order to give respect to the late Darcsen engineer (and firearms pioneer) Theimer.
- Foreshadowing: During her second Memories skit, Avan chances upon Marion sneaking into the R&D Department while running an errand for Lavinia (or so she claims, Lavinia says she never asked Marion to do anything for her). Guess what she really went into R&D for... In addition, the "Catching Sleep" skit reveals that she uses a "metallic object" as a pillow while "The Azure Spear" skit reveals she likes to listen to music while petting her "darlings".
- Gun Nut: At the end of her Classmate Mission, she reveals that she has a gun fetish - in fact, it's why she applied to Lanseal. Avan even calls her one. After graduation, she attends the same mechanic school Theimer attended and studies a book by another gun nut, Wendy Cheslock. It's represented by the "Weapons Freak" Potential after her Classmate Mission, which increases damage against both infantry and armor.
- Lady of War: Is polite and graceful even on the battlefield.
- Proper Lady: Fits this trope very well, aside from the gun fetish.Joachim: "Beautiful heiress to a historied house, pure and fragile as a lily!"
- Socialite: Even has a Potential called "Social Elite".
- Spoiled Sweet: Very polite, with very firm morals.
Class G Lancers
Lancers are a squad's anti-armor specialists, equipped with lance-shaped rocket launchers with a lot of punch. Their accuracy and mobility are on the low side, though they tend to be quite durable and are nearly impervious to explosives. They excel at taking out vehicles, though their Lances can badly hurt infantry too, while their Mortarer sub-class specializes in long-range fire support.Lancers can be promoted to either Lancer Veterans (Lancers with better stats) or Mortarers (switches to an anti-infantry area of effect Mortar Lance). Lancer Veterans can be promoted into either Lancer Elites (Lancer Veterans Up to Eleven, plus stronger Advanced Lances) or Mobile Lancers (much higher mobility, but retains the same firepower), while Mortarers can become either Heavy Mortarers (trades mobility for stronger Heavy Mortar Lances) or Mobile Mortarers (much like the Mobile Lancer, only with a Mortar Lance). Their class stripe is yellow.
Voiced by: Keisuke Koumoto (Japanese), Liam O'Brien (English)A 17-year-old big guy whose hobby is climbing and training himself.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Is quite enthusiastic in general, exemplified by the quote for his "Tank Killer" Potential."I can eat a tank whole!"
- The Big Guy: Even more so than your average Lancer. After graduation, he joins the Army and leads his own squad, also composed of men as brawny as he is known as the "Muscle Heads".
- Heterosexual Life-Partners/Those Two Guys: With Sigrid.
- Our Greatest Failure: Shared with Sigrid - Elena, a little sister figure to both men, was killed during the Imperial invasion. Both men have since promised not to lose anyone else close to them.
- The Promise: With Sigrid, to protect Gallia's peace. Reinstated after completing the latter's Classmate Mission.
- What the Hell, Hero?: At the end of his Classmate Mission, he calls out Sigrid (then still a Rebel) on his dedication to the Rebels' side, pointing out to him a town burnt by the Rebels.
- Younger Than They Look: He's only 17, despite looking like in his mid-20s.
Voiced by: Hiromu Miyazaki (Japanese)An 18-year-old rockstar wannabe.
- Captain Ersatz: One of Elvis Presley.
- Casanova Wannabe: After graduation, he tried to woo Rosie into making him her apprentice. He fails.
- Eyepatch of Power
- Hero-Worshipper: Towards Brigitte "Rosie" Stark, who even indirectly helped him change from a rocker singing for himself into one singing for others.
- Heroic BSOD: A minor case, in which he became increasingly less hammy after being touched by a song from Rosie dedicated to the late Isara Gunther. Ultimately gets over it in the course of his Classmate Mission.
- Large Ham: "YOU ALL READY TO ROCK?!"
- The Power of Rock
Voiced by: Kenji Akabane (Japanese)A 21-year-old New Game+ Darcsen classmate and good friend of Leon Hardins, who has since shut himself off ever since the "special mission" that killed Leon.
- Famed In-Story: Avan learns from Brixham that Jugin used to be an excellent Lancer. His Classmate Mission revolves around Avan attempting to reawaken his skills after a couple of years as a shut-in.
- Heir To His Family's Furniture Shop: After his graduation.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Leon. After his Classmate Mission he tells stories of his life with Leon to Avan.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- New Game+: Only becomes available after the player finishes the game
- Peeka Bangs: Sort of. He has the hair for it, but most of the time he simply covers his face with his right hand, which has a similar effect.
- Properly Paranoid: He has since shut himself off in order to stay away from Kluivert's eyes after Leon volunteered to replace him as test subject for Project Valhalla.
- Scarf of Asskicking: And a Darcsen-print scarf, too!
- Shrinking Violet: A male example.
- Survivor Guilt: He was drafted for the "special mission" (i.e. donning the V0 Artificial Valkyria Armor) together with Leon, but was so afraid Leon volunteered for him. Jugin has since regretted all this, but at the end of his Classmate Mission Avan assures him, through letters to him, that Leon never once regretted his decision.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Again, a Darcsen trait.
- You Remind Me Of Leon: Avan
Voiced by: Shiori Mikami (Japanese)Despite a secure future as an heiress to her family's vast business fortune, 19-year-old Noel chose to, against her father's wish, become a soldier to protect Gallia.
- Big Eater: More so than Avan!
- Disappeared Mom: Her mother was killed during the Imperial invasion.
- Nice Hat
- Only Sane Man: Despite her daddy issues (or maybe because of them) she's one of the most stable teammates in the class, bordering on becoming The Generic Guy.
- Overprotective Dad: Her father tried to keep her away from enrolling at Lanseal, and once even tried to pick her up. He still does have his reservations long after Noel graduated and joined the Army soon after.
Voiced by: Chihiro Ishiguro (Japanese)An 18-year-old girl highly popular with the boys.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Inverted, with Morris - although slightly shorter than Morris (162cm to his 165cm), she's still rather tall by female standards.
- Long Distance Relationship: Long after they graduate and part ways, Coleen and Morris keep sending letters to each other. Aww...
- Match Maker Quest: Her Classmate Mission.
- Motor Mouth: Which may explain her popularity - with girls, this time. After graduation she hosts a radio show.
- Oblivious to Love: Untill she fell in love with Morris, she couldn't understand why the boys were fawning over her.
- Rescue Romance: She fell in love with Morris when he carried her after she sprained her leg while practicing with her lance.
- Spoiled Sweet
Voiced by: Sayaka Hirao (Japanese)A 16-year-old tomboy drafted for her athletic skill.
- Alliterative Name
- Genki Girl: She's even a good soccer player.
- I Am Not Pretty: Refers to herself as one to Avan at the end of her Classmate Mission.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: An inverse case - despite her tomboyish looks, Rene is secretly the "Garment Goddess" revered by the school for her laundry skills. After graduating, she opened up Gallia's first house cleaning service.
- Team Mom: She cares a lot for other people in a motherly fashion. Especially towards Magari, who she met while nursing her from a cold.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Magari's girly girl.
Class G Engineers
Engineers lose the ability to disarm mines (a role now taken by Armored Techs) but remain as the main healers and the only units that can repair the tank. Engineers are usually not intended for confronting enemies, but at close range they can deploy a Hand Cannon that can kill in only a few shots. Cosette, one of the main characters, belongs to this class.They can be promoted to either Engineer Vets or Anthem Corps, which exchange wrenches with a trumpet to increase allies' abilities. Engineer Vets can be promoted to either Engineer Elites (which can now heal allies over a wide area) or Medics, which can now revive fallen allies, while Anthem Corps can become Anthem Elites or Melodists, which exchange their ally-buffing trumpets with enemy-debuffing ones. Their class stripe is green.
Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Japanese)A timid 20-year old hulking young man known for his diligence, but also clumsiness.
- Apologetic Attacker
- The Big Guy: He's even physically strong for an Engineer, a class more support-based than offense-based. In fact, one of his issues center around being forced to switch classes. Raymond eventually finds his best ability as an Engineer, though...
- Cowardly Lion
- Eyes Always Shut
- Gentle Giant
- The Real Heroes: After graduation Raymond becomes a firefighter.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He's also a good cook.
- Took a Level in Badass: At the end of his Classmate Mission, he evacuated Nichol, Marion and Joachim all at once by carrying them!
Voiced by: Masaru Suzuki (Japanese)The incredibly handsome 17-year-old Vice President of the Student Union with dark ambitions to become President.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: In charge of it, despite being its Vice President.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Expy: Of Light Yagami - complete with a line almost similar to "Just as planned!"
- Hoist by His Own Petard: During his Classmate Mission, he ended up chugging down a canteen full of laxatives meant for Avan, thanks to Zeri's meddling.
- It's All About Me
- Manipulative Bastard/Obfuscating Stupidity: As Vice President, he tries to act like the nicest person in Lanseal in order for everybody to like him more than the President. He then set off to humiliate Avan, who may risk spoiling his plans upon seeing him in his authentic self - he simply never expected Zeri, though.
- Nice Guy: Subverted.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: After graduation, he becomes a politician's secretary, still bringing with him a bottle of laxatives (intended for anyone who crosses him).
- Slasher Smile
- Smug Snake: He’s Light Yagami (who was already close) without the powers, and the stated goal of becoming class representative.
- Spanner in the Works: Zeri chanced upon Randy humiliating Avan in secret, then fed Avan with this information even as he devised a way to make Randy's schemes backfire.
- Token Evil Teammate: Arguably more so than even Helmut!
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Ultimately, his relationship to Avan, though different from that between Avan and Zeri. Avan respects his kind facade (so long as it makes people happy), and Randy to Avan's perceptiveness.
Voiced by: Shunzou Miyasaka (Japanese), Keith Silverstein (English)A 24-year-old butler who likes to serve tea to Avan.
- Battle Butler: He even brings tea to the classroom. Throughout his Memories skits he also invites Avan to join him in a butler competition as a pair.
- Cultured Badass
- Fantastic Racism: Being of the upper class and working for other nobles, it's not surprising that he's got some prejudice towards Darcsens. He's also one of the only two cadets with their "Darcsen Hater" Potential not replaced with "Reconciliation", the other being Imperial transferee Helmut Bourdais.
- High-Class Glass
- I Will Wait for You: After graduation, he retires from his career and sets up a tea shop, hoping that one day Avan - who sees him as more of a peer than a subordinate - may chance upon him on his travels.
- Ronin: In a sense - his previous master died fighting for Gallia during the Imperial invasion, and has since landed in Lanseal, seeking a new one. Guess who he finds...
- Spot of Tea
Sofia CollinsA roguish 19-year-old whose attitude often left countless suitors in tears.
- Beauty Mark
- Cannot Spit It Out: She was never able to confess to Avan before he left to help rebuild Gallia.
- Does Not Like Men
- Femme Fatale: A rather benign type, as she doesn't always succeed in making men fall into her traps.
- Freudian Excuse: Her bad experience with a previous crush fueled her hatred of men. Avan slaps some sense into her.
- I Will Wait for You: After graduating, Sofia became a pub waitress, hoping one day Avan may meet her again.
- My Greatest Second Chance: To truly love again - by falling in love with Avan at the end of her Classmate Mission.
- Woman Scorned: The very reason she came to hate men. During her earlier years a boy she has a crush with asked her out for a date, only to be jilted on the appointed day - and learn that it was a big fat joke.
Voiced by: Satomi Sato (Japanese)An incredibly shy 16-year-old Darcsen bookworm.
- Badass Bookworm: Just because she's frequently seen with a book doesn't mean she can't fire a pistol. After graduation she becomes an editor who won the trust of a difficult writer with her notes.
- Dude Magnet: Surprisingly enough, given her unwanted Darcsen heritage, even with players.
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: Darcsen-print hair tubes, to be exact.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: She would rather stay indoors and read books than go see the world for herself. She got better though, at the end of her Classmate Mission and with Welkin's help, as proven by her Potential change from "Insular" to "Reveler".
- Not Good with People
- Messy Hair: While not noted in the game, fans find it a charming point.
- Shrinking Violet
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly girl to Rene's tomboy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A Darcsen trait.
Voiced by: Mai Aizawa (Japanese)A 15-year-old rural Jamka Wild Child from Dieden in western Gallia.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Gets on well with Big Guy Erik.
- Character Development: Her case revolves around having to fit into her role despite wanting to be a Shocktrooper.
- Does Not Like Shoes: You'd expect a military school like Lanseal to have a somewhat more strict dress code...
- Social Darwinist: She believes in a dog-eat-dog philosophy — one that ultimately comes back to bite her at the end of her Classmate Mission. It took Cosette's rescue to instill into her a sense of camaraderie.
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes...
- Wild Child: She even has a potential called 'Wild Child'. This carries on long after graduation, when she accidentally went hunting on a farm, but was later adopted by its farmer.
Class G Armored Techs
The new base Class, Armored Techs can disarm mines (a role once delegated to Engineers). They're slow and can take a while to promote because of their short movement and attack range, but their Warpicks can hit hard and they can absorb a lot of fire before going down. All units of this class have shields that block damage from the front.They can be promoted into either Armored Tech Vets, which can now place Anti-Infantry mines, or Fencers, which trades defusing skills and range for an Anti-Infantry sword. Armored Tech Vets can become either Armored Tech Elites (whose mines can now even heavily damage tanks) or Specialist Techs (who can stun enemies into not countering), while Fencers can either become Fencer Elites or Maulers, which replaces the sword with an anti-Armor hammer. Their class stripe is blue.
Voiced by: Hirokazu Miyahara (Japanese)A 17-year-old recruit who keeps seeing the world in negative shades.
- Born Lucky: Despite always finding something to complain about whenever luck smiles upon him... like getting asked out to a date, being spared from a fatal shot at the end of his Classmate Mission by a Kluivert figurine... or having to stay in the women's dorm upon joining the Army after graduation for lack of space (Lucky Bastard...)
- The Eeyore
- Foreshadowing: Remember how, at the end of his Classmate Mission, a Kluivert figurine's head spared him from a fatal bullet? Come August, guess what Headmaster Laurence Kluivert does to himself...
- Nice Hat
- Pocket Protector: A Kluivert figurine won as second prize from a quiz bee during his second Memories skit spared him from certain death at the end of his Classmate Mission. (Wait...)
- Spell My Name with an "S": A variation. His name is written as the Hebrew Joachim, but in the English version it's pronounced as the Spanish Joaquin. The Japanese version has the pronunciation correct.
- Those Two Guys: Him and Pete seem to hang around a lot.
Voiced by: Yujiro Kakuda (Japanese)A stature-challenged 18-year-old boy.
- Cowardly Lion
- Dogged Nice Guy
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Inverted, with Coleen - although he's slightly taller than her (165cm to her 162cm), he's still short by male standards.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: The subject of his Memories skits and Classmate Mission, going so far as to become Avan's "disciple".
- Long Distance Relationship: Even after graduating and parting ways, with Morris entering university to become a lawyer, he and Coleen continue sending letters to each other. Aww...
- Match Maker Quest: His Classmate Mission.
- The Napoleon: One of the shortest guys at 165cm and not very proud about it. He wants to prove his confidence, but he is a pessimistic guy.
Voiced by: Hiromu Miyazaki (Japanese)A 32-year-old gambler.
- The Caretaker: After graduation, he reluctantly takes in an orphaned girl.
- Bad Ass: Just look at his Potentials or listen to some of his battle quotes!
- Cool Old Guy: Certainly not too old, but at 32 years old, he's the eldest member of Class and and probably old enough to be mistaken for class advisor, only two years behind Brixham.
- Death Seeker
- The Gambler: He always predicts the outcome of a battle with his dice.
- Ineffectual Loner: Complete with the "Lone Wolf" potential.
- The Jinx: Thinks of himself as this.Grim Reaper Potential: "People around me never last long."
- Nothing Personal: His catch phrase after killing an enemy.
- Perma Stubble
- Screw Destiny: Avan eventually teaches him the importance of sometimes flowing against the natural course of fate at the end of his Classmate Mission.
- Sole Survivor: Of both his squad and hometown.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran
- Survivor Guilt: He was a former teacher who lost his squadmates, students and town during the war two years prior, and has since distanced himself from human contact.
Voiced by: Chihiro Ishiguro (Japanese)A studious but reclusive 17-year-old Darcsen.
- Badass Bookworm: Arguably brighter than even Zeri, much to the ire of her other schoolmates; that, and her unwanted heritage.
- Companion Cube: A stuffed doll usually brought by Darcsens whenever they leave their settlements. She eventually gives hers to Avan as a sign of friendship.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She gains the Potential "Thaw" once you finish her Classmate Mission.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: She even has the Potentials "Genius" and "Insular" at first.
- Kuudere: Finally comes out of her shell during her Classmate Mission, when she learns that her native Louvere is being targeted by the Rebels.
- Turn the Other Cheek: Much to Zeri's chagrin.Mischlitt (to Zeri): "Darcsens do not retaliate. You ought to know that."
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: A mild case - after graduation, she went to university to study psychology in order to understand love. Ironically enough, her love life is still nil.
- Why Did It Have To Be Water?
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Once again, a Darcsen trait.
Voiced by: Yuka Komatsu (Japanese)A talented 18-year-old fighter.
- Determinator: "I am myself! No more, no less!"
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Expy/Shout-Out: She's quite obviously based on Lady Oscar from The Rose Of Versailles: raised as a boy, an expert fencer, feels most at home in boys clothes, refined and aristocratic.
- Implacable Woman: Her Potentials Vanguard, Kamikaze and Mighty Heart make her ideal for charging into large groups of enemies head-on and outright butcher them. The downside: most such Potentials only activate once she hits 50% HP, which is highly unlikely, considering how her class is Made of Iron...
- Lampshade Hanging: She makes one concerning Avan's adaptability to any class.
- One of the Boys: Raised as a boy by her father.
- Samus Is a Girl
- Praetorian Guard: Her father, from whom she learned her fencing skills. She also becomes one after graduation, serving the Army as a fencer before being promoted to an instructor.
- Thanks for the Mammary: How Avan found out her true gender.
Voiced by: Hiroko Ushida (Japanese)A 16-year-old nun who frequently prophesizes bad events.
- Cassandra Truth: Of the trivial kind (e.g., Avan getting soaked, Cosette burning her skirt, Joachim stepping on Zeri's glasses, and running out of lunch upon returning from Inghild's Classmate Mission).
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Her prophecies rely on seeing colors.
- Eyes Always Shut
- Fainting Seer: Though the dooms she predicts often turn out to be rather trivial...
- Nice Hat
- Nuns Are Spooky
- Walking the Earth: After graduation, Inghild simply vanished, and was last seen boarding an eastward ship.
Other Gallian Loyalists
Voiced by: Takeshi Aono (Japanese), David Anthony Pizzuto (English)The kindly Headmaster of Lanseal and a Lieutenant General in the Gallian Army.
- Artificial Limbs: Has a prosthetic right arm and hand since a horrible accident had forced him to have his original right arm amputated by doctors.
- Ate His Gun
- Broken Pedestal
- Cool Old Guy
- Driven to Suicide/Go Mad from the Revelation: Upon realizing that GRA soldiers were able to steal Project Valhalla papers under his and Dr. Foerster's possession during the attack on Lanseal.
- Face Death with Dignity: "I'm a soldier. I know when a battle is lost. Now get out!
- Generation Xerox/Lineage Comes from the Father: The game artbook says he comes from a family that has served in the Gallian military for generations. He joined because since it was expected by his family to do so.
- Large Ham: in August. See Driven to Suicide.
- Laughing Mad: See Driven to Suicide.
- The Omniscient Council of Vagueness: He was once a member of the Asgardian Council, which commissioned the development of Artificial Valkyria, together with Gilbert Gassenarl and Clementia Foerster.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!: "Can your romantic ideals hope to defeat them? Preposterous!
- Smoking Is Cool: He loves his pipe - a gift from his superior.
- Veteran Unit
- Walking Spoiler
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Ultimately, Laurence simply wanted to give Gallia a power with which it can go toe to toe with both the Empire and the Federation, even if it meant sacrificing the lives, dreams and sanity of choice students from his own school, such as Leon and Julianna (and possibly even Avan).
- Brutal Honesty: Makes it very clear to his own students that they're the worst class in the entire school, and that he doubts that any of them will actually amount to anything, let alone actually winning a school-wide tournament.
- Eyes Always Shut: Justified — because of an eye injury that made him retire from the militia.
- Field Promotion: Subverted - Brixham declines an offer to replace Kluivert, claiming he is not ready yet for such a position (that and all the controversy surrounding Kluivert's involvement in the Asgardian Council), instead returning to his days as a teacher.
- Friendly Sniper: He was one during his military career.
- Heroic Lineage: According to his Potentials "Military Family" and "Warrior's Blood".
- My Greatest Failure: Brixham expresses remorse over Leon's fate, since he was the one who recommended him for the 'special mission' despite the fact that he didn't know what it entailed.
- Manly Tears/Tears of Joy: On graduation day.
- New Game+: He cannot be used in combat until you've cleared the game.
- Not So Stoic
- Perpetual Smiler: "Eternal Smile" is one of his personal Potentials. He usually has a pretty nonchalant smile to go with his perpetually closed eyes, but he does reveal a different side on occasion...
- Private Military Contractors: The game's artbook said that he earned his sniper skills when he was a wandering mercenary in Europa.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Even while he coolly describes Class G as a bunch of losers right in their faces, he genuinely cares for them, going as far as to give Avan Leon's notes, confront the Headmaster for sponsoring the creation of Artificial Valkyria, and nearly break down in tears while reminiscing on his days with Class G during their self-organized graduation ceremony in the end.
- Retired Badass/Handicapped Bad Ass
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a nice brown pinstriped suit as civilian dress somewhat like the Tenth Doctor's, except the tie is a different color and we never get to see if he wears the Gallian equivalent to sneakers.
- The Captain
Voiced by: Mami Koyama (Japanese), Jeannie Elias (English)A mysterious scientist residing in the Old Campus together with Aliasse and a former Imperial researcher.
- Canon Immigrant/Early-Bird Cameo – She can be very briefly seen in the Valkyria Chronicles anime, in the lab were Alicia and Selvaria grew up. This should clue you in to the fact that she’s not a very nice person.
- Evil Genius
- For Science!
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Hot Scientist: While she doesn't try to play up her appearance, it's clear that she's pretty attractive.
- Karma Houdini
- Kick the Dog: Crushes the flowers Aliasse planted and cared for, just to hurt Aliasse's feelings and because she could.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: She's a female version of Josef Mengele, only on Valkyria rather than Jews or Darcsens.
- No Plans, No Prototype, No Backup: Sadly averted - she seems incredibly offhanded about her research getting stolen and her test subjects running off, with the result that the fruits of her research are everywhere.
- The Omniscient Council of Vagueness: She was a member of the Asgardian Council, which developed Artificial Valkyria, along with Laurence Kluivert and Gilbert Gassenarl.
- Playing with Syringes
- Poisonous Friend: Somewhat, coupled with her off-handed attitude towards her subjects and her paperwork.
- Social Darwinist: She believes that creatures who don't serve a specific purpouse do not deserve to live.
- The Unfought: Justified. She is not a fighter.
- You Have Failed Me: Abandons Aliasse after seeing how much Class G defrosted her from a Tyke Bomb into a normal functioning girl.
- Alpha Bitch
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Zeri. Unfortunately for both of them she took a little too long to get over him being a Darcsen.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Redemption Equals Death: A non-villainous example.
- Rich Bitch
- Say My Name: She couldn't spell out Zeri's name... at least until when very near death.
- Self-Destructive Charge: She was already looking pretty messed up even before she charged a whole squad of V2’s. It didn’t end well.
- Babies Ever After: After the war ended, Alicia gave birth to a baby girl Welkin would eventually name in memory of his adoptive Darcsen sister Isara.
- Badass Bookworm
- Happily Married: To Alicia.
- Hero of Another Story
- Insufferable Genius: On occasion, much to Alicia's bemused exasperation.
- Retired Badass
- We Choose To Stay: Even after most of Lanseal's population dwindled following the Rebel attack on August, the Gunthers decide to stay and help the remaining students.
Voiced by: Marina Inoue (Japanese), Colleen O'Shaughnessey (English)Retired second-in-command of Squad 7, she is now married to Welkin and has finally fulfilled her dream of becoming a baker for Lanseal.
- Babies Ever After: After the war ended, Alicia gave birth to a baby girl Welkin would eventually name in memory of his adoptive Darcsen sister Isara.
- Feminine Women Can Cook
- Heroine Of Another Story
- Happily Married: To Welkin.
- Retired Badass
- We Choose To Stay: Even after most of Lanseal's population dwindled following the Rebel attack on August, the Gunthers decide to stay and help the remaining students.
- Distressed Damsel: Locked up behind bars for seventy days, when Randgriz was taken by the Rebels.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: The game's premise revolves around the massive fallout revolving around Cordelia's confession of her (and consequently that of the entire House of Randgriz) Darcsen lineage, months after barely fending off the Empire.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She insists on personally reaching out to war victims rather than hide in the safety of her palace.
- Took a Level in Badass: After surviving prison time, Cordelia personally leads the Gallian Navy's blockade against Baldren's forces, and even helps Class G pull Avan and Zeri from the sinking Dandarius.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cinnamon bread. She gave one to Class G after successfully escorting her APC, and one skit even shows her sneaking into a town to buy some.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Once more, a Darcsen trait. The only thing missing is a cream-brown piece of cloth with Darcsen patterns.
Gallian Revolutionary Army (Antagonists)
Count Gilbert Gassenarl
Voiced by: Banjō Ginga (Japanese), Greg Baldwin (English)Leader of the Gallian Revolutionary Army and himself a war hero from the First Europan War.
- Alliterative Name
- The Chessmaster: He's willing to play games with Federation ambassador Jean Townshend.
- Cool Shades
- Disc One Final Boss: Courtesy of his son, no less.
- Manipulative Bastard: He cares less for Darcsen extermination than usurping Cordelia's throne, taking advantage of the nobility's resentment towards them as part of his power play for the throne. He is also willing to sign a treaty with the Federation in exchange for security against the Empire. Baldren didn't take this very well, and when Gilbert expressed his intent to stop the Darcsen purges due to their unpopularity... he snapped and killed his own father.
- The Omniscient Council of Vagueness: He was the founder of the Asgardian Council, which studied Valkyrur and developed Artificial Valkyria, along with Laurence Kluivert and Clementia Foerster, at least until he expelled them after seeing what the V0 Armor did to Leon Hardins.
- The Unfought
- Villains Out Shopping: One skit shows him comparing Gallian and Federation delicacies with Townshend.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Gihren Zabi
- Char Clone: Fits quite a bit of the criteria, especially when he gets a new headpiece after he kills his father
- The Dragon: Eventually, Dragon Ascendant.
- Lets See You Do Better: In his dying words, Baldren dares Avan and Class G to defend Gallia from surrounding superpowers without resorting to the powers of the Valkyrur.
- My Ideology Right Or Wrong
- Not So Different: From his father. Despite their nigh-irreconcilable differences over their methods and ideologies, culminating in Gilbert's assassination for selling out to the Federation, he is fine with escaping into Federation territory via the Dandarius, a Federation-given ship stationed at Anthold when the tide of the war turned against him and the Rebels were chased out of Randgriz after seventy days.
- One-Winged Angel: Apparently the final stage of the creation of a perfect Artificial Valkyria (based on papers stolen from Kluivert and Foerster) consisted of injecting Valkyria powers upon himself instead of wearing Artificial Valkyria armor.
- Patriotic Fervor: Of the bad kind, even more so due to his resentment for the Darcsens and militia.
- Self-Made Orphan: Kills his father for selling out to the Federation.
- The Starscream
- Villains Out Shopping: Surprisingly enough, Baldren gets three skits revolving on his daily life - he shares his ideals with a Rebel soldier after picking up a photograph of him with his family, plays cards with another Rebel soldier, and gets invited by Audrey to a hunt.
- White Hair, Black Heart
Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese), Ali Hillis (English)Second child of Gilbert Gassenarl, his only daughter, and Tank Commander; a devout follower of Yggdism.
- Church Militant: Devout follower of Yggdism, a religion that worship the Valykur as Gods hence her oppression of Darcsens.
- Cool Tank: Her Geirolul.
- Cutscene Boss: Though faced in combat beforehand, Audrey finally bit it in November, when she and her Geirolul were swept away by a flood from an aqueduct in Anthold destroyed by Zeri and unceremoniously crushed by her allies' tanks.
- Dark Chick
- The Fundamentalist
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Lightning Farron, ladies and gents!
- Knight Templar
- Patriotic Fervor: Of the bad kind.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: She even takes her father's death in stride, deeming it a sacrifice for the greater good of Gallia.
- The Stoic
- Villains Out Shopping: One skit has her inviting Baldren to a hunting session. The latter even recounts how, as a child, Audrey pulled a tantrum after their father refused to let her keep a fox she caught.
- And I Must Scream: He says he was aware the whole time. Ugh
- Avan I Am Your Missing Older Brother
- The Ace: Leon was known at the academy as a very good soldier with no real flaws.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As Leon.
- The Brute
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Leon's V0 armor was built with inadequate data on the Valkyrur, causing severe memory loss and brain damage, turning him into a mindless, zombie-like shell. He was since taken in by Gilbert, who expelled fellow Asgardian Council members Laurence Kluivert and Clementia Foerster by the time he staged his mutiny, while having successfully developed the V2 Armor.
- Dying as Yourself: Near the very end of the December mission.
- Fate Worse Than Death
- Not Quite Dead: The man is Leon.
- Powered Armor: He also leads his own V2 squad.
- Start of Darkness: As Lavinia recounted throughout her Memories skits, a "ghost tank" wiped out almost his entire squadron. Desperate to become stronger, Leon volunteered to become Kluivert's test subject. Needless to say, the results were not pretty.
- Villains Out Shopping: One skit shows him meditating upon a Gallian swift near him, until a Rebel soldier interrupted him. When he was still himself, Leon gave Avan his pet swift Jarde.
- Ass in Ambassador: He's mostly Gilbert's voice from the Federation.
- Blackmail: After killing Gilbert, Baldren threatens Jean to work for him on threat of kicking him out of the household.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Jean suggested to Gilbert to stop the Darcsen purges due to their unpopularity.
- Poisonous Friend: How Baldren sees him in relation to his father.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Lampshaded in the in-game Yearbook itself — he was last seen onboard the Dandarius during the final battle; whether he survived its sinking or not remains a mystery.