open/close all folders
Characters debuting in Mega Monster Battle Ultra Galaxy Legends
Voiced by: Mamoru Miyano
The son of Ultraseven. An exceptionally powerful young Ultra, he was banished from the Land of Light after attempting to steal the planet's power source, the Plasma Spark. Zero returns after Belial succeeded in doing so, and used it to resurrect his monster army.In Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial, Zero is forced to merge with Nao's brother Run as he is unable to utilize the universe's solar power.Ultraman Zero provides examples of:
- Bifurcated Weapon: A variation. His Zero Twin Sluggers can combine into a large blade.
- Calling Your Attacks: Has a habit of doing so in Ultra Zero Fight.
- Chest Blaster: His Zero Twin Shoot attack, which fires a large beam from the Twin Sluggers when they are mounted on his chest.
- Expy: Aside from being an obvious clone of his father, his youthful and Hot-Blooded outlook is based on Joe Yabuki according to Word of God.
- Multiform Balance: In the Ultra Zero Fight segment of Ultraman Retsuden, he gains this ability thanks to Dyna and Cosmos.
- My Hero Zero: His name
- Not So Different: Tried to steal the Plasma Spark, just like Belial. However, unlike Belial, he realized he was wrong to do so.
- Playing with Fire: His Garnet Buster in Strong Corona mode is a beam of fire.
- Super Mode: Ultimate Zero in Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial, Shining Ultraman Zero in Ultra Zero Fight, and Ultraman Zero Beyond in Ultraman Geed.
Voiced by: Hiroyuki Misako (in Mega Monster Battle and The Revenge of Belial, now stock grunts), Yuki Ono (in Ultraman Retsuden and Ultra Zero Fight, current)
The Dark Ultra Warrior. Like Zero, he was originally banished from tha Land of Light after attempting to steal the Plasma Spark. This led to him gaining the powers of a Reionyx, and launching an invasion against the Land of Light itself, which led to his imprisonment by Ultraman King. He is freed in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends, and steals the Plasma Spark to revive his monster army.In Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial, he returns as Kaiser Belial, leading the Belial Galactic Empire.
- And I Must Scream: He was sealed away inside the moon for 20,000 years.
- Beware the Superman: For most of the franchise, Ultras are heroic protectors of the world. Ultraman Belial is an evil one, and one of the most dangerous threats in the universe.
- Big Bad: In the two films he appeared in.
- The Chessmaster: Whatever he's planning in Geed, It apparently involves collecting the Ultra Capsules, and it doesn't matter if it's Kei or his own son Riku doing the collecting.
- Creepy Long Fingers: Gains these in the sequel.
- Dark Is Evil: Being a major villain, and the Dark Ultra Warrior.
- Death by Irony: Non-lethal example in Geed. When he fights his son in episode 17, Geed beats him using Royal Mega Master, a form he accesses by using his (Belial's) Ultra Capsule in combination with Ultraman King's.
- Dragon Ascendant: Was originally a pawn of Reiblood during his original rampage. However, by the time he escapes his prison, Reiblood is Deader Than Dead and Belial becomes thhe main threat to the world all on his own.
- The Exile: Was banished from the Land of Light for trying to steal the Plasma Spark out of his greed and pride.
- Expy: Due to his overall design and aesthetics in his ultra form, Belial is the Nebula M78 equivalent to Dark Zagi.
- Fallen Hero: Was previously an Ultra, but fell to evil and darkness.
- Galactic Conqueror: During the first film. Becomes a Multiversal Conqueror by the second.
- Grand Theft Me: He takes over Zero by imparting his essence into him, becoming the awesome-looking Zero Darkness.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He's the father of Ultraman Geed.
- One-Winged Angel: Does this practically Once an Episode. The first time being merging with his army of monsters to form Beryudora, then in the second, he becomes the enormous Arch Belial by consuming the emerald ore, and in Geed he becomes Chimeraboros.
- Parents as People: He does show some sense of acknowledgement, and even pride, towards his son Geed despite him being a hero that opposes him that his servant Kei Fukuide created. His treatment of his loyal servant Kei on the other hand...
- Satanic Archetype: His pride and greed caused him to try and steal the Land of Light's artificial sun for himself, resulting in him being cast out and ultimately sealed away by the Ultra's equal of God.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Ultraman King defeated him and created the moon to imprison him in it. He eventually escapes.
- Shock and Awe: One of the abilities of his Giga Battle Nizer.
- Truly Single Parent: Geed was created using his DNA and that's about it on his part.
Characters debuting in Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial
Played by: Tatsuomi HamadaA boy who joins Zero after the latter saved him and his brother, Run.
Ultimate Force Zero
A group of warriors that first allied with Zero in Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial.
Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa
- Creepy Cool Crosses: A stylistic feature, as his powers tend to manifest in cross shapes.
- The Corruption: Is partially brought under Belial's control after being defeated by him.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya
- An Axe to Grind: One of his weapons is an axe.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Another of his weapons.
- Rocket Punch: An ability he uses.
- Transforming Mecha : Transforms from a spaceship, the Jean Bird.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
- Playing with Fire: His main ability, which works even in outer space.
- Space Pirates: He was originally employed by a group of them.
Belial Galactic EmpireThe empire under the command of Kaiser Belial
Voiced by: Taiyo Kawashita
- Casting a Shadow: Has powers based on darkness.
- Co-Dragons: With Iaron
- Combat Tentacles: Used when fighting Jean Bot.
- Dark Is Evil
Voiced by: Norio Wakamoto
LegionoidsMechanical soldiers serving as troops of the Belial Galactic Empire
Characters debuting in Ultraman Saga
Voiced by: Sonomama Higashi (a.k.a. Hideo Higashikokubaru)
- A God Am I: Declares himself as a god after merging with Hyper Zetton
- Big Bad: Of Ultraman Saga.
- Evil Laugh
Played by: DAIGO
- Dark and Troubled Past: Contributing to his Sad Clown status, Taiga's parents were presumably killed during a fight involving Ultraman Dyna fighting a monster. This explains why he was resistant to Ultraman Zero's help from the start.
- Expy: Acts like one in comparison to Asuka from Ultraman Dyna.
- Sad Clown: Taiga at the start of the film. He acted like a stuck up rookie that can go missions alone. Only until after he realizes how much of a threat Alien Bat is, and how much Ultraman means to people of the different dimension does his true colors come into play.
Played by: AKB48 members Sayaka Akimoto, Ayaka Umeda, Sae Miazawa, Yuka Masuda, Sumire Sato, Kana Kobayashi, and Haruka Shimada
- First appearance: Ultra Galaxy Gaiden: Ultraman Zero vs. Darklops Zero, 2010
- Evil Knockoff: Of Zero
- Actually a Doombot: Whilst they are always known to be robots, this trope is played with to explain their role. Zero even thinks for a brief second that Darklops Zero is a perfect copy of him, despite the clear differences Darklops Zero has."I am Zero. Darklops....Zero."
- Super Prototype: The original Darklops Zero from the tie in is the prototype version. He puts up way more of a fight against Zero than the mass production versions.
- First appearance: Ultra Galaxy Gaiden: Ultraman Zero vs. Darklops Zero, 2010
- Chest Blaster: His Mega Crusher Ray, which is fired from the Pink Light on his breast.
- Cyborg: While showing no organic features on himself. Mecha Gomora was once a normal Gomora, until he was "modified" by the Alien Salome into serving them.
- Evil Knockoff / Robot Me: To Gomora.
- Humongous Mecha: Let's see...
- Macross Missile Massacre
- Robotic Psychopath: Becomes this after being brainwashed by Darklops Zero.
- Robotic Reveal: Done in a very noticeable homage to Mechagodzilla.
- Variable-Length Chain: With his claws attached to them no less.
- Villain Team-Up: With Darklops Zero during the Climax of Part 2 of the Gaiden.
- What Measure Is a Non-Kaiju: Averted, when Alternate World Reimon teams up with Rei to kill what was once his own monster.
Jean-killer/Jean-nineVoiced by: Unshou IshizukaThe fifth member of UFZ, Jean-nine is Jean-bot's Brother, and was originally an evil creation of the supercomputer Beatstar.
- Humongous Mecha: Much like his brother.
- Killer Robot: It's in his name! Jean-killer was made by Beatstar for the purpose of killing Jean-bot.
- The Woobie: Even as Jean-killer, Jean-nine can visibly cry, being the first robot in the entire series to do so.