open/close all folders
VIPPERloids are a line of UTAUloids created by the denizens of vip@2ch. Initially they were made to fool people into believing that a new Vocaloid was being released, but after the failure (or was it success?) of Ruko, they have moved on to general trolling.
- Bilingual Bonus: She has a CVVC English bank.
- The Cameo: A picture of Teto appears on a sake bottle label in Hatsune Mix. In a later installment of the same manga, she can be seen as a scientist.
- Canon Immigrant: She was originally supposed to be an April Fool's joke. Her first song was sung by a real singer, and had nothing to do with UTAU initially. After the prank was over, a real voicebank was recorded and released.
- Also, she appears as a DLC in the Hatsune Miku Project Diva series beginning with Project Diva 2.
- Catch Phrase: Oftentimes seen as having one that translates to "You are so fool" or perhaps more accurately "I'm surrounded by idiots".
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Commonly portrayed as such in fanon, possibly due to her birthdate being April Fool's Day.
- Cute Monster Girl: Her chimera form.
- Gender Bender: Ted Kasane, who is considered his own person and seperate from Teto, as opposed to other genderbends. His personality can range from being a kindly, protective older brother to...strange.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: She's the most well-known Utau, and for the most part the Vocaloid Fan Dumb has no idea there are others.
- Triple Baka probably had something to do with it.
- Trademark Favorite Food: French bread.
- Winged Humanoid: Her chimera form sports a striking set of red, batlike wings.
- And I Must Scream: Their cameo in Kagome Kagome suggests that they're still alive even after getting their head chopped off.
- C-List Fodder: Surprisingly for a Vocaloid-sung video, both of the "April Fool's" UTAU characters show up in the video for Kagome Kagome. Unlike Teto though, who has no solid role past 'extra', Ruko exists in the video solely to get decapitated.
- Gentle Giant: They're basically the personification of this trope, with their deredere personality.
- Hermaphrodite: Is said to be "90% male and 10% female". They look pretty female though.
- Meaningful Name: Yokune Ruko = yoku neru ko = "girl who sleeps well(or often)".
- Mismatched Eyes: Has one red eye and one blue.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Coffee.
- Younger Than They Look: Officially Ruko is 12, though fanon makes them 19.
- Affectionate Parody: Supposedly her (or his) bio was made intentionally ridiculous to poke fun at some of the more interesting Utauloid bios out there. Not that this stops some fans from defending it as a canon fact.
- Ambiguous Gender: Because it's unknown how much of his/her bio is meant to be taken seriously, there is the distinct possibility that Ritsu isn't a crossdressing boy at all, but actually a girl. Given his/her in-universe portrayal as something of a Troll, however, it could go either way.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Sorta.
- Tsundere: A common fanon portrayal.
- Poe's Law: Despite the fact that her (or his) profile is obviously not suppose be taken seriously, and there's even a (supposed) rumor going around the net that her (or his) creator deliberately made the bio to be as ridiculous as possible in an attempt to make Utauloid fans focus less about the character and more about the music, (Especially with the more ridiculous bios floating around the net) there are quite a few Utauloid fans who will viciously defend the fact that he is suppose to be a six year old 25 ton cross-dresser who pads his chest with missiles.
- Name's the Same: Heck, doesn't his name remind you of something?
- Rapunzel Hair
- Wholesome Crossdresser: If you believe the fact that "he" really is suppose to be a "he". Maybe not so wholesome. But certainly not villainous or creepy.
- Animorphism: He can turn into a dog.
- Badass Longcoat
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Those Two Guys: with Ruko.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is wordplay on "Ookami-ko", which means "wolf girl".
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- The Stoic/The Quiet One: In Fanon.
- Unusual Ears
- Younger Than They Look
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The names of the most famous ships with Tei: Ten being with Len Kagamine, Tier being with Mayu, and Tension, being with Hatsune Miku herself.
- A God I Am: Just listen to her Declare War on All Vocaloid, but this line just screams this, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and OFF at onceTo erase the data, or to destroy the laws of nature? You must pick one; the darkness becomes despair, I will get rid of and make a key of the universal white. And when I do, I will be known as the GOD of destruction and creation
- Big Bad: Quite a few works involving her will cast her as the villain, and for very, very good reason.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: She has a fetish for traffic lights and isn't afraid to masturbate in public. With her Trademark Favorite Food, no less.
- Character Name Alias: Scottei, a pun on "Scottie", the brand of tissue paper.
- Expy: Not by the fans, but Tei compares herself to Kyubey twice
- Fridge Brilliance: Tei SCREAMS this. Using a lot of Hatsune's songs to usurp Hatsune, hardly using any of Len's songs so as to NOT usurp him, using other Vocaloid songs to take over, ect.
- Four Is Death: She's the fourth official VIP release (she'd be the sixth, if people counted with the unofficial releases, Rook and Miko, but it's another completely different bad number), she's yandere, and her series "number" is a Q, which is a really loose pun on "kill". One has to wonder if it's just a coincidence or if it was fully intentional.
- Griefer: Her second desire in her info page states "To Usurp Hatsune's status". Her massive fanbase makes it so.
- Hell Is That Noise: Tei's solo for Five Nights at Freddys.
- Hotter and Sexier: Tei's MMD videos, her White-Haired Pretty Girl status, and her response to one of Len's songs are just only the beginning of Tei's Sex-tei-ness
- Parody Sue
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: She has the sharingan , in fact.
- Shout-Out: Let's see...Sharingan Eyed, killer that has a god-like additude which wants to "Purify" the world, and is a yandere who loves a young boy. Any Questions?
- Stalker with a Crush: On Len Kagamine.
- Surprisingly Good English
- Surrpassing Hatsune: Because since Tei is meant to be an Yandere, any Yandere-based song sounds more reasonable and better. Sometimes Tei is much better on other songs like Hatsunes'. Sometimes, other Vocaloids (Len Kagamine and Hatsune) have Tei joining them
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cucumbers.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Has white hair and is generally depicted as absolutely evil.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Fantastic Racism: She was created as a parody of the anti-Japan movement in China.
- Horned Humanoid
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: His personality is described as "Alien. He is quiet. And a little masochist."
- Heterosexual Life-Partners/Ho Yay: Apparently, Rook is his "favorite person" and is listed among his "Likes".
- Idiot Hair
- In the Hood: He wears a black and green hoodie. Apparently he was affected by radiation after the tsunami in Japan, which is why his clothes glow in the dark.
- The Quiet One
- Curtains Match the Window
- Fan Nickname: Defoko, due to being the default voice in UTAU.
- Meaningful Name: Her nickname literally means "default child".
- Robo Speak: Due to having no human voice source.
- Repetitive Name
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Her character item is a rocket-propelled grenade.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
- Cute Bruiser
- Robot Maid
- Repetitive Name
- Shrinking Violet
- Super-Strong Child
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- Everything's Better with Samurai: Her outfit usually depicts her as a samurai.
- Gratuitous Ninja: Alternatively, if she's wearing a kimono, a Yamato Nadeshiko.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Most of her fanart show her being really pale, and with black hair.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Gender Bender: Sara Suiga, who is declared a separate person from Sora, as opposed to other gender bends who are regarded as simply that.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Averted somewhat, since—despite being blonde—Sora's eyes are gray.
- The One Guy: In Teto's "Confront! You Look So Cool!", he's the only boy in Teto's Amazon Brigade of UTAUs (Ted is mentioned at the end, but only as a gag).
- Trademark Favorite Food: Curry.
- Petting Zoo People: Kinda; Luna appears to have bunny ears attached to her earphones.
- Moon Rabbit: Just look at her name. The rabbit ears are an obvious reference to the rabbit in the moon.
- Animal Motifs: She owns a megaphone shaped like a toucan. In general, she's said to love birds.
- No Indoor Voice: Portrayed as being very loud.
- An Ice Person: In some videos, she's portrayed as having ice-based powers. This, coupled with the fact she wants winter to be forever makes her fit the trope in both senses.
- Woman in White
- Kuudere: According to his profile, his personality can be described as either this or Yandere.
- Lazy Bum: Sometimes can be lazy and prefer spending his time napping.
- Multicolored Hair: Sky blue with white highlights
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Kuudere: Although her personality is not yet established, her profile assumes it's similar to her brother
- Statuesque Stunner: At 5'7", she's a good deal taller than her older brother
- Trademark Favorite Food: Lollipops, apparently
- Brutal Honesty: Tends to speak in such manner
- Kuudere: Stated as such in his profile
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Ascended Fanon: While not exactly fanon, she's going to be getting official Vocaloid 3 Japanese and English voicebanks in 2014.
- Follow the Leader: Part of the Macloid series, but can be imported into UTAU.
- Cat Girl: Her original design was a more strait forward example. Her recent redesign is more of a Cat Girl cosplay than an actual Cat Girl.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her profile list her as this to people she's just met.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Her bio also states that you have to invoke this trope if you want to be friends with her.
- Kuudere: Her profile refers to her as this by name.
- Surprisingly Good English: Has an english voicebank in the works, that's coming together quite nicely.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Her profile states she has a short attention span.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Her profile also says she's has a short temper.
- Surprisingly Good English: Though her Act 3 voicebank supported english pretty well, it's taken Up to Eleven with her official english voicebank.
- Tom Boy: Her profile list her as this.
- Tsundere: Discribed by fellow Utauloid Mathieu Rosaire (also created by the same person who made Aiko) as this.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of a castella cake. And since castella cakes are Yufu's character item, it tends to jokes in the fandom. Of course, it was probably intentional from Teira's creator's part.
- Creepy Child: She (and her "genderbents", Tiramisu and Mashuu) might appear to be like that, to some fans.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Teira also has a younger sister (produced with the g- flag instead of Mashuu's g+ flag), called Tiramisu.
- Gender Bender: Mashuu, who's just as popular as her.
- Eldritch Abomination: Some fans might see her as one.
- Flower Motifs: She is a human-shaped plant who sings through her flower.
- Older Than They Look (or Really 700 Years Old): Her real age is unknown, but she's said to be a perennial plant.
- Plant Person: Quite literally.
- Genki Girl: She appears to be one.
- Wings Do Nothing: Her (and her less-known sister's) earwing is basically just for decoration, as it'd be impractical for said accessory to make one fly.
- Ax-Crazy: His most famous song, Despair in the Hamburger Factory, portrays him and Teto in this fashion, even though his original personality isn't like that. It's generally (though, not canonically) accepted that this is how his angry side must be, therefore, making him Cute and Psycho.
- The Ditz: He can alternate between this Genius Ditz and Cloud Cuckoo Lander, depending on how he's interpreted.
- Gender Bender: Shemu Chikune. She's a cyborg vampire partially made with Lego pieces.
- Keet: He's pretty tall, but fits all the other characteristics.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Kenta can walk under strong sunlight and doesn't need to drink blood, as well as he's a ball of cheerfulness, and, to pepper it all up, he's Christian as well. Though, in the situations where he gets angry, he becomes more like a traditional vampire. Apparently, according to his creator on Formspring, he's still vulnerable to garlic, but doesn't notice it.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Lemons. He can live without blood, but not without lemons. In his Formspring, it was joked about how he must smell like lemon detergent.
- Bandaged Face: Although they only cover his eyes, not his entire face.
- Keet: Summarized in the fact that his "official personality" can be described as ＼(^o^)／.
- Ambiguous Gender: Assumed to be male, though.
- Meaningful Name: His name literally means "Dog Snake". No points guessing why.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Has the head of a dog and the body of a snake. He generally behaves like a dog (barking, fear of vacuum cleaners, etc.) but is cold blooded like a snake.
- Precious Puppy: A friendly little creature, if his character descriptions are to be believed.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter