Characters: True Villains
Characters from the webcomic True Villains.
open/close all foldersDue to wiki policy trope names will not be spoiler tagged. Read at your own risk.
"I'm not just your run-of-the-mill adventurer. I'm Sebastian Jalek, adventurer extraordinaire!"One of two newcomers to Xaneth's team. Sebastian used to be a famous adventurer and hero before he got roped into working for Xaneth.
- Above Good and Evil- By Saga 5, he considers himself this.
- Brick Joke- "...Did she say Virgin's Blood?"
- Dull Surprise- His reaction to Serial Killer Elia revealing her past.
- Face-Heel Turn- At first, it seems like Sebastian is being forced into this by Xaneth. However, when he blows up Dorn, he seems pretty set in this path.
- Evil Costume Switch- Done subtly during Saga 1, when Sebastian switches out an old and weather-worn white shirt for a new black one before he heads out to Dorn. His complete transformation during Saga 5 is slightly more drastic.
- Important Haircut- During Saga 5, Sebastian does this as part of his Evil Costume Switch and transformation into Above Good and Evil.
- Na´ve Newcomer- Being one of the newest faces in Xaneth's band, he gets to ask all the Audience Surrogate questions.
- Point of No Return- Considers the destruction of Dorn at his own hands this. Appropriately, it's given significant dramatic build-up and a nice Lampshading. The page where he does it is even named after the trope. He back-peddles slightly when he rescues Mia.
- Walking Shirtless Scene- He dons nothing from the waist up for a few pages after being blasted by the Necromancer. Nicely Lampsahded by Xaneth:"...And put a shirt on - you're distracting everybody."
"Because I have a plan. I always have a plan. So I want you to trust that it is going to work. Do exactly as I say, and you will come out just fine."The Big Bad of the dungeon, and a very, very shrewd planner. Xaneth is never far from his crystal ball which allows him to see many, many things, and is an eye from O, the God of Vision.
- Curb-Stomp Battle- Frequently engages in these, with the exception of a single offscreen duel. It's especially telling that he's able to force the retreat of Alyssa, Olivia and Brawn (after Sebastian, Bayn and Elia had all been indisposed) within a couple of pages.
- Gilligan Cut- "Where are all my minions?!" "HERE I AM!"
- Ineffectual Death Threats- His dialogue with Mia almost solely consists of these.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast- Gleefully invoked. All he has to do is fly into a town square and introduce himself and the populace flee en masse.
- Tempting Fate- Increasingly during Saga 1, when the Golem comes to the dungeon.
- Would Hurt a Child- ...And endlessly threatens to do so when Mia is within view.
- Xanatos Gambit- At one point makes reference to a "Grandmaster Plan" that's ensured to succeed no matter what issues the past will unearth he's putting into motion when Sebastian asks why he spared him. The ending of Saga 5 makes him seriously reconsider the validity of that statement.
"Aww, you still feel guilt! That's precious."One of Xaneth's allies and a powerful Necromancer. She is introduced when she is enlisted to kill the survivors of Dorn.
- A Day in the Limelight- Saga 4 puts her and her back story in the spotlight.
- Affably Evil- She's a murderous psychopath who enjoys the prospect of having a few survivors to eviscerate. But she's such a sweetie. And she helps a random elf-girl out just because she was very obviously hiding her pain.
- Ax-Crazy- Implied to have been reigned in by Xaneth since her Dark and Troubled Past as a serial killer. She lets it out full force when she storms a mansion with her undead army to rescue Aya.
- Cuteness Proximity- Falls victim to this when Sebastian brings back Mia, who she's under orders to kill. A polite introduction and a cheery grin later and Elia's completely won over.
- Good Hurts Evil- The Paladin's Super Mode - a gift from his God - during their battle causes a negative reaction with her dark magic, knocking her out cold for the rest of the Saga.
- Gorn- Tends to happen when she's around. Her Establishing Character Moment is her melting a mugger's face off.
- Machete Mayhem- Her weapon of choice, as revealed when she storms the mansion in Saga 4.
- Nightmare Fetishist- Calmly and cutely tells Sebastian that she's off to melt some people, has the most gleeful expression while slaughtering innocents, and was in a relationship with a werewolf for an undetermined amount of time.
- Not Me This Time- During Saga 3, there is a murder conducted in the exact same style Elia used when she lived there as a serial killer decades ago. She didn't do it.
- Older Than She Looks- Looking at the picture, would you believe she's 86 years old? Justified by the fact that she's a Necromancer.
- Power Incontinence- Played for laughs when she meets Mia. She's shown trying to use her face-melty powers, only to have them fizzle out when they meet the glow emanating from Mia's smile.
- Purple Eyes - While normally green, her eyes glow purple when she uses her necromancy. This makes it easy to pick out which of her undead she's currently inhabiting while playing decoy.
- Serial Killer- Her back story, and the reason she changes skins when she accompanies Sebastian to Grantiar Isle.
- Skin Walker- She's able to switch skins like a normal person switches dresses. Leads to a slight Glamour Failure when a monster pierces holes through her usual skin while she's not in it.
- Soul Jar - Of a sort. At one point, she is shown to be capable of switching bodies by transferring her eyes between them - even leaving her own skeleton behind.
- Would Hurt a Child- For a terrible moment, she confirms she'd do this, as per her orders. Luckily she's not immune to the Cuteness Overload personified that is Mia.
"I can't just give you things for nothing! Then you'd start expecting them. I have to keep you on a short leash, or else you'll be bad."The team's cute child as well as golem maker. Mia has a special ability to bend, melt, and craft metal with her bare hands. She lived in Dorn as a street rat but was taken in by Sebastian.
- Barefoot Poverty- Despite joining up with Xaneth's team, she has yet to wear shoes unless in disguise. Or using the Bo Ja Ks.
- Cheerful Child- Despite being a homeless orphan, she is pretty much always happy.
- Cynicism Catalyst - The sudden death of Tom in Saga 7, which affects her so profoundly that her aura dims, and she is unable to use her powers. It's unknown even to Xaneth if this will be permanent.
- Daddy's Girl- Sebastian cares for Mia a great deal, and when he rescues her from the Paladin he is actually crying.
- Genki Girl
- Happily Adopted- Sebastian took Mia in- she uses his name because she does not know her own.
- Innocent Prodigy- Mia is able to build very stable and well working golems- never mind her special ability. She makes all the joints and hinges work, and can do it quickly. She even built a functioning watch. She's also able to talk down to Xaneth and live.
- The Pollyanna- After living on the streets for her entire life and losing all of her friends, Mia is pretty much immune to death and sadness. At least, until now.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist- Mia is relatively good for being on an evil team. Her solution to the final dilemma in Saga 3? Tell the truth and get the bad guy.
"I am a sorcerer of Ket. Even as a child, I have power and knowledge most would only dream of."A sorcerer and associate of Xaneth's. He was old, but then turned into a child, and now works directly with Xaneth, as he did in the past. He does not like his new body, and bemoans the loss of his abilities.
- Dysfunctional Family- Bayn does not like his family. At all.Dove: I am going to murder your entire family.Bayn: Please do.
- Enfant Terrible- Unlike Mia, Bayn goes directly into battles.
- Fountain of Youth- Bayn is transformed into a child by Xaneth.
- Spock Speak- Bayn rarely uses contractions and, according to Mia, talks like an old man.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.