- Anti-Hero: Type III (If played as a good cop) Type V (If played as a bad cop)
- Cowboy Cop
- Reformed Criminal: From a gangbanger for his Pop's gang to being a cop for the NYPD.
- Unwitting Pawn: His Fatal Flaw.
- The Ghost: Doesn't appear anywhere in the game, only mentioned. He does narrate the introduction and the endings. Justified as he was in prison.
- Noble Demon: Commends his son's redemption in the Good Cop ending.
- Odd Friendship: A kingpin of a gang while friends with the cop Terry.
- Warrior Poet: His description of New York City as he describes it as a beast that swallows you whole while spitting out your bones.
- Beard of Evil
- Big Bad
- Killed Off for Real: Shortly after the beginning, really he survived. However he either died in an exploding subway cart (Good Cop) or shot in cold blood by Marcus (Bad Cop).
- Manipulative Bastard
- Odd Friendship: A high ranking inspector for the NYPD while close to the criminal Isaiah.
- The Mole
- Walking Spoiler
Agent Gabriel Whitting
- Cloak & Dagger: Pops in and out, pulling the strings and then leaving.
- Cool Old Guy: Once again, played by Christopher Walken. Who also played George in the first game.
- Killed Off for Real: In the bad ending by a distressed Navarro
- Smurfette Principle: The only prominent female cop on the force.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: More gentle to Marcus than to anyone else in her unit.