Characters: Trinity Universe
This character sheet deals with the Original Generation
Characters in the game. For everyone else, see either the main page, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
, or Atelier
for tropes dealing with Etna, Flonne, Prinny, Violet, and Pamela.
Again, this has NOTHING to do with White Wolf's Tabletop RPG.
Voiced by: Miku Ozaki (JP), Sam Riegel (EN)
The main character of the Demon route, and the son of Shuten, the current God King. Due to the Demon God Gem ritual being sabotaged, he was turned into the Demon Dog King, gaining dog ears and a tail. Due to being sheltered inside the castle all his life, he's got little to no ability to tell if someone's feeding him false information (which Tsubaki often does for laughs), and he is quite attention-deficit, given that literally everything is new to him, but when it comes to defending Empyria, he will drop his carefree attitude and work towards a solution.
Tropes associated with Kanata:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: He was forbidden from leaving the castle, so everything is new to him.
- Baleful Polymorph: He was supposed to become the Demon God Gem, but the ritual failed, making him the Demon Dog King. He doesn't seem too put-off by it, though.
- BFS: Kanata holds it one-handed. For someone who was literally holed up within the castle his whole life, he's damn good with it.
- Blood Knight: A very chipper and fight-happy type.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Easily distracted.
- Glory Seeker
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Kanata's English VA is Sam Riegel, making him a much nicer York, especially since the voice is the exact same.
- Idiot Hero: Replace "Idiot" with "Sheltered".
- Little Bit Beastly: Dog ears and tail, due to the ritual. Turns out he actually likes the changes.
- Precision F-Strike: The only time we actually see him swear is against Suzaku in the final chapter.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. He's actually quite nice for being the next Demon King of Empyria, but unfortunately equally naive.
"With this overflowing power, none can stand against me!"
A Kitsune of the Yoma Clan, she's Kanata's vassal and the one who secretly sabotaged the Demon God Gem ritual, causing it to fail, and later broke Kanata out of the castle. She often tries to be informative and helpful and usually has information relevant to the situation at hand. Whenever she's being ignored or she's pissed off, her real colors tend to show.
Tropes associated with Tsubaki:
"I'm probably powerful enough to be Valkyrie for the whole cosmos!.... maybe."
The main character of the Valkyrie Route. When her hometown went up in flames, she was the only survivor, rescued by Giga Goddess X, who then trained her to become the Valkyrie she is today. When it comes to doing her job, she tends to come off as something of a bitch, getting rid of anything that obstructs her mission, no matter what, and ends up sealing Shuten away, which only ends up causing more problems. It's only after meeting Violet and Flonne that she begins to open up, and after Kanata explains what the Demon God Gem ritual entails that she realizes the situation.
Tropes associated with Rizelia:
Voiced by: Tetsuto Furukawa (JP), Bryce Papenbrook (EN)
"The Dark Hero... it's the perfect profession for me."
A fallen hero, self-titled the Dark Hero. Prior to the story, he had been among a family of heroes, and accepted an offer to rid a town of several nearby monsters. Unfortunately, one of those monsters got away and wrecked the town contracting him; as a result, his family lost everything, and he fell. After his fall, he committed several crimes, and after being caught, was forced to work with Rizelia to help absolve him of his crimes. In all honesty, he's not too bright, saying his own plots out loud, and is often on the receiving end of Rizelia's fist.
Tropes associated with Lucius:
- Butt Monkey: Treated just as bad as, if not worse, than the Prinnies. At one point, he's even forgotten about.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Subverted, he tries to be one, but falls so far from the line. He's got a few cowardly moments from time to time.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Much like the other Dark Hero, if he could let go of his pride and fight seriously, he'd be quite formidable.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Nor is it intelligent.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: He got arrested for muttering conspiracy theories out loud. Unfortunately, he never gets a clue about this flaw.
- Dual Wielding: Uses a pair of short swords in combat.
- Fallen Hero: For failing a job involving getting rid of some monsters, his family lost everything, and he fell. This becomes a plot point later on.
- Idiot Hair: He insists that it's a Tension Gauge.
- Reverse Grip: How he holds his weapons.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Maki Kobayashi (JP), Stephanie Sheh (EN)
"I'm doing my best as a Managraphic Artist!"
A snow cat working in the town as a Managraphic artist, given that the rest of her family is unable to work. She's got the talent for the job, but due to her own lack of self-confidence, she's often underpayed by her own customers, which is usually due to her motto of "The customer determines the pay."
Tropes associated with Miyu:
- An Ice Person: Part of being a snow cat spirit, after all. High enough temperatures tend to leave her a bit weak.
- Cat Girl
- Frying Pan of Doom: One of her available weapons.
- Optional Party Member
- Shrinking Violet: Very painfully shy and tends to cry real easy.
- The Unfought: The only party member that you have to literally pay to join. Spending enough money at her shop will set off several flags, the last of which acquires her as a party member. This can be done as early as chapter 2, where she's introduced.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
"I'm the Ultra Universe Treasure Hunter, Recit!"
A treasure-hunter who collects just about anything he can get his hands on. Unfortunately for him, he HATES his name.
Tropes associated with Recit:
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- An Axe to Grind: A huge one, and like Kanata, he can hold it one-handed. A number-crunch on Game Faqs revealed him to be the best physical attacker in the game.
- Badass Normal: A human with only an axe to his name, but he proves to be the game's best physical hitter.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Uses earth magic.
- Embarrassing First Name: His name is pronounced "receipt", and he utterly hates that fact.
- Berserk Button: Saying something like "toss that receipt in the garbage" usually sets him off. This factors into his recruitment side-quest.
- Fiery Redhead
- Heroic BSOD: When one of the stamps from his collection gets stolen in an event scene. In Rizelia's route, Flonne chews her out HARD for her callous behavior.
- Mighty Glacier: Has a painfully slow attack speed, but makes up for it with seriously hard hits.
- Optional Party Member
- Lost Forever: If you don't go through the events involving him, including knowing where to go and when, he's gone for good.
- Too Many Belts: One is used as a headband.
Voiced by: Yuna Inamura (JP),
"No one can look as good as me! No one!"
An idol who refers to herself as the "Super Assassin Idol", despite wearing bright blue and announcing her own entrance. She's more concerned with making an entrance than she is about actually assassinating her target. Strangely enough, she's actually quite popular among Empyria's residents.
Tropes associted with Mizuki:
"I'm the best.... strong and beautiful."
One of Shuten's vassals at the castle, Mizuki's manager, and another member of the Yoma Clan. He was trying to perform the Demon God Gem ritual on Kanata, but became concerned when it failed. He acts semi-effeminate upfront, but is actually a rather strong fighter. His main plan refers to opening a path to "Ashura".
Tropes associated with Suzaku:
- Big Bad: Or so we're lead to believe.
- Butt Monkey: Ever hilariously so. Mizuki uses him as a maid and delivery boy, and that's not even going into what Tsubaki thinks of him.
- Expy: Hello there, Mid-Boss.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Lean and Mean: Of the entire cast, he is by far the thinnest. He's also the tallest.
- Optional Party Member: And you really have to jump through some hoops to get him, which'll also set you on the True Ending route.
- Purple Eyes
- Recurring Boss: Shows up to harass both Kanata and Rizelia, given that both are unknowingly interrupting his master plan.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Really wants to take down Ashura; too bad it requires turning Kanata into the Gem and destroying Shuten... until the True End route shows a less messy way.
- Sinister Scythe
Voiced by: Haruko Komano (JP), Cassandra Lee (EN)
The caretaker of Empyria's shops, often working at the Ghastly Inn if Pamela's not around. She's rather friendly towards all customers.
Tropes Associated with Macaroon:
Voiced by: Takashi Maeda (JP), Patrick Seitz (EN)
The current Demon God King, Kanata's father, and now the Demon God Gem. His manner of speaking is at best described as casual and not-so-regal.
Tropes associated with Shuten:
- Barrier Maiden: Male example. He keeps stuff from colliding with Empyria, though it is at the expense of his life.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Never would've imagined Count Dracula or Ragna the Bloodedge could be this weird.
- Dark Secret: Both he and Suzaku have known about Ashura and what she's done, but REALLY didn't want to tell Kanata about it. Too bad that telling him right from the start would've saved them a lot of trouble.
Giga Goddess X Ashura
Voiced by: Mitsu Takagi (JP), Erin Fitzgerald (EN)
A member of the Goddess Union, and the one who saved Rizelia when her hometown went up in flames, eventually training her to become the Valkyrie she is today. Generally a Benevolent Boss
all around, and quite concerned about Rizelia. NOT!! She's actually the Uber-bitch Ashura. When a former Demon God King rejected her advances, she began spreading nasty rumors between the Demon King and Yoma clans in order to drive a wedge between them, thus manipulating them into going to war with each other. She tricked the Yoma Clan into constructing the incredibly resilient Lantern Dragon as a peace symbol between the two, which in fact was really a giant gravity well, thus attracting all of the Universe's drifting objects and eventually causing the Demon God Gem ritual to come about. And for some extra insult to injury, she was the one who blew up Rizelia's home town, since the people there refused to serve her.
Tropes associated with Giga Goddess X: