Characters: Trinity Universe
This character sheet deals with the Original Generation Characters in the game. For everyone else, see either the main page, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, or Atelier for tropes dealing with Etna, Flonne, Prinny, Violet, and Pamela.Again, this has NOTHING to do with White Wolf's Tabletop RPG.
Voiced by: Miku Ozaki (JP), Sam Riegel (EN)
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: He was forbidden from leaving the castle, so everything is new to him.
- Baleful Polymorph: He was supposed to become the Demon God Gem, but the ritual failed, making him the Demon Dog King. He doesn't seem too put-off by it, though.
- BFS: Kanata holds it one-handed. For someone who was literally holed up within the castle his whole life, he's damn good with it.
- Blood Knight: A very chipper and fight-happy type.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Easily distracted.
- Glory Seeker
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Kanata's English VA is Sam Riegel, making him a much nicer York, especially since the voice is the exact same.
- Idiot Hero: Replace "Idiot" with "Sheltered".
- Little Bit Beastly: Dog ears and tail, due to the ritual. Turns out he actually likes the changes.
- Precision F-Strike: The only time we actually see him swear is against Suzaku in the final chapter.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. He's actually quite nice for being the next Demon King of Empyria, but unfortunately equally naive.
Voiced by: Ayana Taketatsu (JP), Kate Higgins (EN)
- "With this overflowing power, none can stand against me!"
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: To the point where only Kanata is unaware.
- Kitsune: A japanese fox spirt
- Paper Fan of Doom
- Playing with Fire: Her magic and EX attacks involve foxfire.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Out of the entire cast, her language is the most foul.
- The Stoic: Usually polite and doesn't react to much.
- Not So Stoic: If she's pissed off
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A japanese fox spirt who tries very hard to be one, even wearing an incredibly impractical Chihaya everywhere she goes but when no one's paying attention or when she's especially agitated she loses the 'calm serenity'.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Voiced by: Mariya Ise (JP), Mela Lee (EN)
- "I'm probably powerful enough to be Valkyrie for the whole cosmos!.... maybe."
- Blood Knight: Much like Kanata.
- Detached Sleeves
- Doomed Hometown: She was headed home, and without warning it blew up, leaving her the sole survivor.
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: Her hairclips have special powers.
- Girlish Pigtails: Used to help maneuver in space.
- Hard Light: Her magic.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Her English VA is Rachel Alucard.
- Jerkass: A good amount of her story is her learning not to be so forceful.
- Knight Templar: Willing to do what it takes to carry out her mission, and eliminate anyone in her way. It takes Flonne, Lucius and Violet to get her to loosen up.
- Les Yay: In all sorts of directions with Violet.
- Lethal Chef: Uses Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce in everything she makes. When her cooking causes Kanata to drop unconscious, Tsubaki chews her out HARD for it.
- Rapunzel Hair: The aformentioned pigtails go down to her ankles.
- Space Police
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade S, though her poofy skirt makes it hard to see.
Voiced by: Tetsuto Furukawa (JP), Bryce Papenbrook (EN)
- "The Dark Hero... it's the perfect profession for me."
- Butt Monkey: Treated just as bad as, if not worse, than the Prinnies. At one point, he's even forgotten about.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Subverted, he tries to be one, but falls so far from the line. He's got a few cowardly moments from time to time.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Much like the other Dark Hero, if he could let go of his pride and fight seriously, he'd be quite formidable.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Nor is it intelligent.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: He got arrested for muttering conspiracy theories out loud. Unfortunately, he never gets a clue about this flaw.
- Dual Wielding: Uses a pair of short swords in combat.
- Fallen Hero: For failing a job involving getting rid of some monsters, his family lost everything, and he fell. This becomes a plot point later on.
- Idiot Hair: He insists that it's a Tension Gauge.
- Expressive Hair: It does change shape alongside his mood.
- Reverse Grip: How he holds his weapons.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Maki Kobayashi (JP), Stephanie Sheh (EN)
- "I'm doing my best as a Managraphic Artist!"
- An Ice Person: Part of being a snow cat spirit, after all. High enough temperatures tend to leave her a bit weak.
- Cat Girl
- Frying Pan of Doom: One of her available weapons.
- Optional Party Member
- Shrinking Violet: Very painfully shy and tends to cry real easy.
- The Unfought: The only party member that you have to literally pay to join. Spending enough money at her shop will set off several flags, the last of which acquires her as a party member. This can be done as early as chapter 2, where she's introduced.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe (JP), Keith Silverstein (EN)
- "I'm the Ultra Universe Treasure Hunter, Recit!"
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- An Axe to Grind: A huge one, and like Kanata, he can hold it one-handed. A number-crunch on Game Faqs revealed him to be the best physical attacker in the game.
- Badass Normal: A human with only an axe to his name, but he proves to be the game's best physical hitter.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Uses earth magic.
- Embarrassing First Name: His name is pronounced "receipt", and he utterly hates that fact.
- Berserk Button: Saying something like "toss that receipt in the garbage" usually sets him off. This factors into his recruitment side-quest.
- Fiery Redhead
- Heroic BSOD: When one of the stamps from his collection gets stolen in an event scene. In Rizelia's route, Flonne chews her out HARD for her callous behavior.
- Mighty Glacier: Has a painfully slow attack speed, but makes up for it with seriously hard hits.
- Optional Party Member
- Lost Forever: If you don't go through the events involving him, including knowing where to go and when, he's gone for good.
- Too Many Belts: One is used as a headband.
Voiced by: Yuna Inamura (JP),
- "No one can look as good as me! No one!"
- Blade on a Stick: Two blades, one on each end, as a matter of fact.
- Blow You Away / Razor Wind: Her main form of magic.
- Fragile Speedster/ Glass Cannon: Hits hard and has nice speed, but has low defense. Her higher tier weaponry even sap defense.
- Genki Girl: When she and Flonne meet, it is a sight to behold.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Highly Visible Ninja: She wears bright blue, for crying out loud. And that's not even getting into how loudly she announces herself.
- It's All About Me/ Attention Whore: Loves to be the center of attention. Might give Laharl a run for his money.
- Optional Party Member
- Lost Forever: Like Recit, if you don't go through the extra events involving her, she's gone for good.
- The Nicknamer: She's intelligent enough to remember everyone's names, but prefers to use nicknames for everyone. Quite fond of calling Kanata 'puppy'.
Voiced by: Takashi Kondo (JP), Troy Baker (EN)
- "I'm the best.... strong and beautiful."
- Big Bad: Or so we're lead to believe.
- Butt Monkey: Ever hilariously so. Mizuki uses him as a maid and delivery boy, and that's not even going into what Tsubaki thinks of him.
- Expy: Hello there, Mid-Boss.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Lean and Mean: Of the entire cast, he is by far the thinnest. He's also the tallest.
- Optional Party Member: And you really have to jump through some hoops to get him, which'll also set you on the True Ending route.
- Purple Eyes
- Recurring Boss: Shows up to harass both Kanata and Rizelia, given that both are unknowingly interrupting his master plan.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: He can, and will, mow you down if you're not prepared.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Really wants to take down Ashura; too bad it requires turning Kanata into the Gem and destroying Shuten... until the True End route shows a less messy way.
- Sinister Scythe
Voiced by: Haruko Komano (JP), Cassandra Lee (EN)The caretaker of Empyria's shops, often working at the Ghastly Inn if Pamela's not around. She's rather friendly towards all customers.Tropes Associated with Macaroon:
- Hidden Depths: In an optional scene involving Lucius, she shows she can be quite deceptive and cunning.
- Nice Girl
- The Cameo: Shows up in Hyperdimension Neptunia as a Bonus Boss in a few sidequests.
- Verbal Tic: Often adds adds "mega" as a prefix to several words.
Voiced by: Takashi Maeda (JP), Patrick Seitz (EN)
- Barrier Maiden: Male example. He keeps stuff from colliding with Empyria, though it is at the expense of his life.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Never would've imagined Count Dracula or Ragna the Bloodedge could be this weird.
- Dark Secret: Both he and Suzaku have known about Ashura and what she's done, but REALLY didn't want to tell Kanata about it. Too bad that telling him right from the start would've saved them a lot of trouble.
Giga Goddess X Ashura
Voiced by: Mitsu Takagi (JP), Erin Fitzgerald (EN)A member of the Goddess Union, and the one who saved Rizelia when her hometown went up in flames, eventually training her to become the Valkyrie she is today. Generally a Benevolent Boss all around, and quite concerned about Rizelia. NOT!! She's actually the Uber-bitch Ashura. When a former Demon God King rejected her advances, she began spreading nasty rumors between the Demon King and Yoma clans in order to drive a wedge between them, thus manipulating them into going to war with each other. She tricked the Yoma Clan into constructing the incredibly resilient Lantern Dragon as a peace symbol between the two, which in fact was really a giant gravity well, thus attracting all of the Universe's drifting objects and eventually causing the Demon God Gem ritual to come about. And for some extra insult to injury, she was the one who blew up Rizelia's home town, since the people there refused to serve her.Tropes associated with Giga Goddess X:
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Makes Tsubaki up there look like a saint.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: How she effectively treats what all she's done.
- Disproportionate Retribution: How the backstory to the plot kicks off.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: She wasn't counting on Rizelia turning against her and killing her.
- Jerkass: Must've taught Rizelia how to be such a jerk.
- Light Is Not Good
- Manipulative Bitch: Effectively got two clans, once on friendly terms, to go to war with each other.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Her true form.
- Smug Snake: And it is satisfying to smash her face in.
- Troll: She basically pulls a Terumi in mocking the collective cast. Too bad she lacks his Joker Immunity, though.
- True Final Boss